Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Re: Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

by Christophe » 13/01/20, 18:13

It might be time to bring out the patents of Jean Luc Perrier (if there was a patent?) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/20, 18:45

I relay here a comment from a few days ago posted on this article: https://www.econologie.com/jean-luc-per ... e-solaire/

For people looking to get hold of JL Perrier's books, they are available for download here:
- The 2nd edition (without hydrogen) https://b-ok.cc/book/5439945/c3d72d
- the 4th (and more recent): https://b-ok.cc/book/5370082/50785a

It's not a scam, they are the full .pdf of the 2 books (I did not know the site in question)

The 2 .pdf are too big to be put in PJ on the forum I will upload them directly to the site!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/21, 12:43

A new avenue for storing and transporting H2?

HYSILABS SOLVES HYDROGEN TRANSPORT PROBLEM

By allowing this molecule to be conveyed in liquid and no longer gaseous form, the French company is lifting the brakes on the development of this carbon-free energy.

“It was a coincidence that met chance. This is how Pierre-Emmanuel Casanova, CEO and co-founder of HySiLabs, begins the story of his adventure. With a master's degree in biology, he is in the United States to study innovation management when he receives a call from his friend Vincent Lôme, a doctoral student at the University of Aix-Marseille where they met. The latter has just learned that researchers from the faculty have found, by chance, a chemical reaction that released a hydrogen molecule. Vincent Lôme, passionate about the mobility of the future, then proposed to Pierre-Emmanuel Casanova to exploit the possibilities of this discovery in parallel with their respective jobs in the pharmaceutical industry. It was fifteen years ago. Since then, hydrogen has been at the heart of the public strategy to decarbonise industry and transport and the French government has planned to invest 7,2 billion euros by 2030 in this sector. After a decade of research and a tour of Europe, the two partners decided to found HySiLabs in 2015 to market their solution and enable the massive transport of hydrogen.

Water in gas

Hydrogen, the most common molecule in the universe, only releases water when used as fuel. Enough to avoid CO2 emissions from the entire transport sector, from cars to ships, including trucks and scooters. But, until now, its transport and storage remain a problem. Expensive infrastructure and special trucks are needed to transport this flammable molecule, at high pressure in gaseous form, in bulky and heavy tanks, the size of which can be twenty times greater than the quantity transported.

By developing the discovery of researchers at the University of Aix-Marseille, HySiLabs has created a vector that allows hydrogen to be transported in the liquid state, and no longer in gas. “Concretely, explains Pierre-Emmanuel Casanova, we graft molecules of hydrogen on molecules of silicon, one of the most present in the earth's crust. Then we transport this silicon hydride in liquid form. Once it has arrived at its destination, we have developed a chemical reaction that instantly releases hydrogen from silicon, using water and a catalyst made of non-rare and non-hazardous materials. This solution, protected by a dozen patents, does not present any risk of explosion. It also stands out from its German and Japanese competitors, Hydrogenious and Chiyoda, thanks to a non-carbonaceous liquid carrier, harmless to the environment, and whose stability makes it potentially infinitely reusable.

Transport capacity multiplied by seven

The liquid developed by HySiLabs would transport seven times more hydrogen than in its gaseous form. In addition, it can be stored in any conventional tanker truck or even transported by pipeline. "We have made hydrogen as easy to transport as gasoline, except that it is even less dangerous for humans and for the environment", welcomes Pierre-Emmanuel Casanova. The stability of silicon hydride makes it possible to store the molecule for several weeks, even several months, against a few days currently in its gaseous form.

The HySiLabs system can be plugged into any type of hydrogen production site to attach the molecule to the vector. Once transported to the site, for example a gas station, the molecule released by the catalytic method can be used for any purpose. “If the customer has to invest to install the system at the production site, he saves a lot on transport. In addition, being able to transport the molecule on a large scale avoids investing in expensive infrastructure, such as electrolysers, to produce the hydrogen on site. For this reason, HySiLabs has drawn the attention of large French and European oil groups, eager to be able to deploy hydrogen at a lower cost in already existing infrastructures. Shell France has supported the start-up in particular since 2017.

Fundraising of 10 million euros

When it started, HySiLabs was able to count on 600.000 euros from incubators and competitions won (i-Lab, Impulse, Réseau Entreprendre, InnoEnergy, etc.). The company then raised € 2 million at the end of 2017 from Région Sud Investissement, Cap Création - Crédit Agricole, InnoEnergy and the R2V fund. The support of its various partners enabled the start-up to achieve 300.000 euros in turnover in 2018 and 2019. Recently, HySiLabs, which has a dozen employees, received nearly 4 million euros from the Commission European Union within the framework of the Green Deal and is preparing to achieve a new round of funding of more than ten million euros.

This windfall will allow the company to enter the pre-commercialization phase and to produce, by the start of 2022, a first large-scale demonstrator. It intends to sign its first contracts with its partners next year to begin to resolve one of the many difficulties that still surround this promising energy source.

https://hysilabs.com/
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 25/01/21, 21:03

HySiab, that's the news.
Me, who did not believe in hydrogen, this is enough to make me change my mind.
Even if it is true and so easy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/21, 10:42

Yes, but after storing H2 in hydrides, we were talking about it at the engineering school in the years 2000-2001 already ...
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 26/01/21, 13:53

Christophe wrote:Yes, but after storing H2 in hydrides, we were talking about it at the engineering school in the years 2000-2001 already ...

Yes, but the magnitude that it takes, they must have taken an important step. Finally, I hope it's not pipo.
In the 80s the flat screen tv was for tomorrow, they took longer but 20 years after it arrived.
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 26/01/21, 17:21

A discovery "by chance" just when there is a lot of funding and subsidies in the hydrogen sector, I remain skeptical.
It will take more to convince me, including knowing the overall energy efficiency of the system.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 26/01/21, 18:53

:x yes energy efficiency is often overlooked when announcing this kind which looks like advertising to recover money.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/01/21, 19:33

phil53 wrote:: x yes energy efficiency is often overlooked when announcing this kind which looks like Ad to recover money.

PERRIER IS CRAZY! (With hydrogen bubbles in it ...)
0 x
Amaury-LG
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Amaury-LG » 24/03/21, 16:54

Hello,

For those who follow this topic of discussion, or who discover it like me :)

The link for the book in pdf version: https://b-ok.cc/dl/5370082/9dd20d

Good reading :) : Cheesy:
0 x