Solar installation on isolated site - need late advice!

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar installation on isolated site - need late advice!

by chatelot16 » 06/04/17, 12:52

no danger of leaving a photovoltaic panel in the sun and completely disconnected: this is the normal situation when the battery is completely full and the regulator stops the charge completely

photovoltaic efficiency is quite low 15% so when the photovoltaic works at its nominal current there is only 15% of the solar energy recue which is evacuated in electrical form ... when there is no current there will be only 15% of heat plus what all the panels support

it is not like wind turbine or it is essential to install a backup electric radiator to absorb the power and to avoid that the wind turbine turns too fast
0 x
gic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gic » 06/04/17, 13:47

chatelot16 wrote:the diode between regulator and battery is very bad since the main function of the regulator is to monitor the voltage of the battery to charge it to the normal voltage ... with the voltage drop of the diode the regulator will not charge the battery completely, which is really a pity

I forget this idea!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 06/04/17, 13:49

chatelot16 wrote:... when there is no current there will be only 15% more heat ...
Heu !!! No current no Joule effect.
In a vacuum it is necessary that the regulator is designed to support the empty voltage of the PV recorded in its characteristics.

Your Bosch PV are new or sold? Because the production was stopped in 2014 http://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/ ... _3234.html
then resumed in France http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/si ... ux.N297522 ??
0 x
gic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gic » 06/04/17, 13:54

chatelot16 wrote:no danger of leaving a photovoltaic panel in the sun and completely disconnected: this is the normal situation when the battery is completely full and the regulator stops the charge completely

photovoltaic efficiency is quite low 15% so when the photovoltaic works at its nominal current there is only 15% of the solar energy recue which is evacuated in electrical form ... when there is no current there will be only 15% of heat plus what all the panels support

it is not like wind turbine or it is essential to install a backup electric radiator to absorb the power and to avoid that the wind turbine turns too fast

Clear! As a result, I will leave the circuit cuts open at my departure to avoid any problem in my absence!
0 x
gic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gic » 06/04/17, 13:58

izentrop wrote:
gic wrote:For overpressure, not yet tried because not bought yet. On the other hand, as the inverter makes 1500W in nominal and 3000 in peak, it should do it. It is just necessary that the overpressure and the fridge do not start at the same time.
The power of a solar inverter is expressed in VA.
If you count a 0.7 cos Phi and a 0.8 output, 1500 VA will already be limited to ensure the normal operation of the 900 W motor and the starting intensity (X 10) will cause a Chinese 1500W inverter to trip out even before that the engine did not move an eyelash. : Cry:
In addition to 12 V must ensure flow 130 A, what is the section of the power supply wires?

There will be about 1m between the battery bank and the inverter. I planned to put 16² for the link, knowing that for 2m link (return) and a voltage drop of 3%, the calculations give me 12² for 130A.
0 x