Boiler tuning problem OKOFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
casuette
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Boiler tuning problem OKOFEN

by casuette » 23/01/17, 10:19

Hello, I have a 2014W of 25 OKOFEN of boiler for a house of 230m2 isolated from the inside. We live in two Sevres with current temp 3-4 ° day and night -3 °. My Settings: Curve: 34 and 1,2 foot. Temp int comfort 19 17 ° ° and reduced (ext 16 ° limit and limit reduced 10 °). My V3V worked in OKOFEN Manuel came checked everything is ok it works well in the car. I told him about my conso granules which seems to me excessive (up to 3 bags 24h) and lower power because P114 is 20mn c is not top. He declined to 23 but thought we can not go below. What do vous.j'ai of 7h-12h and 17h- ​​23h hours. Thank you all.
0 x
Did67

Re: Probleme boiler tuning OKOFEN

by Did67 » 23/01/17, 11:10

Hello,

1) Yes, discription: the 25 is the smallest of the series of major. We can not go down more than the small margin that allowed electronic settings.

These are the models below which offer the possibility of going "physically" from one power to another, by plugging the exchangers and modifying the software.

Like many pellet boilers, it was oversized. This does not matter for gas or oil boilers, which turn on / off instantly, so the heating engineers have become accustomed to taking no risk, to plan the worst kind - 25 ° for 15 days. For pellet boilers, it is necessary to aim for the most continuous operation possible, therefore "dimensioning as accurately as possible" (with a small risk of being wrong, in the absence of a precise thermal study).

2) This is not as bad as imagined: a boiler consumes roughly what loses the house. It is the side of the insulation to look for.

Of course, with a ground operation, it can lose two or three% yield. This is peanuts in overall consumption, resulting calories that the house loses and has to be replaced constantly.

On these machines driven combination with a standardized fuel, it is a mistake to think that the settings greatly influence consumption.

Your house is "leaking". AND it's like you have a leaky tub. It doesn't matter if you maintain the level with a saucepan or with a bucket, you will need to bring the same amount of water. Either in a lot of small gestures or in one big gesture.
0 x
casuette
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by casuette » 23/01/17, 12:10

Ok so it is more about the issue of isolation then !!! Nevertheless it uses less if I take the time slots. I tested to remove the mode reduces the night and the pellet consumption is less strong !!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/01/17, 15:13

This is possible in homes that have a high thermal inertia (eg thick walls, concrete slabs, etc ...).

It is then like an ocean liner: it is better to sail at a constant speed than to try to "brake / accelerate" ...
0 x
casuette
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by casuette » 23/01/17, 17:34

Thank you for the clarification . There is one thing that bothers me my boiler now appears 38 ° while with my settings (law 34 and 1,2 foot) knowing that fact 6 ° outside ca should be more water temp not !! Besides screwy but I always 19 ° requests within
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/01/17, 18:03

Did67 wrote:This is possible in homes that have a high thermal inertia (eg thick walls, concrete slabs, etc ...).

It is then like an ocean liner: it is better to sail at a constant speed than to try to "brake / accelerate" ...

I disagree with that statement. regardless of the inertia, the amount of heat to be injected into the house is still lower if there are ranges with a lower set.
the only risk is a "comfort" risk which is the longer time to find a given temperature level according to the power of the boiler.
see illustration below.
Energy-with-abaissement.jpeg
with lowering
Energy-with-abaissement.jpeg (60.38 KB) Viewed times 18686

Energy-ss-abaissement.jpeg
without lowering
Energy-ss-abaissement.jpeg (56.83 KB) Viewed times 18686
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 23/01/17, 18:12

Yes, you're right ... Theoretically, it's obvious. For my part, despite a heated floor, I practice the cut for this reason.

Except that it's not uncommon for people to compensate for the feeling, and "push" the thermostat a bit. It's not my case. I do not touch the instructions. I cash the feeling!

And except that sometimes our boilers start in oscillating mode rather than remaining in continuous "modulated" mode ... I then suspect the output to drop ...

With a house having a strong inertia, the "notch" is very weak because the slope of the fall is very weak. Likewise, the ascent is slow: at home, it takes about 6 hours, which gives you an idea of ​​the slope! I switch to comfort mode at 4 a.m.

As a result, the area showing the economy is much smaller. Even if it exists "mathematically". And it is possible that the oscillating mode generates an excess consumption greater than the gain. I always wanted to take measurements, with the equivalent of a DJU calculated from quarter of an hour to an hour and compare the two modes, without wind and without sun, over a sufficient period of time. I spot my pellet consumption with a "bicycle counter". But I never did!

Let us say that I was a bit assertive. I recognize him. I do not exclude, however, that this is not as simple as theory.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/01/17, 18:14

Can you specify what temperature it is? The regulation indicates more temperatures: setpoint, Temp, temp hot water, ditto: setpoint or actual temp, outside temp, etc ... If you can, make a screenshot (there are different regulatory models, etc .. .).

Your boiler must "navigate" between 65 and 75 ° (more or less, these min and max being configurable). It would be annoying, for its lifetime, for it to often drop below 60, because then condensations occur in the boiler, which is not desirable ...

If this is the starting temperature, in fact, it should be a little higher. It has the formula: t = Temp deposit at the base curve (thus 34) + slope * (20 or 18, I do not know - external Temp 6 here), so 34 1,2 + * 12 or 14 ...
0 x
casuette
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by casuette » 23/01/17, 19:13

This corresponds CF1 (heating) ° 40 41 ° measurement and departure set for the PES she rides 78 ° and participate in 65 °
0 x
casuette
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by casuette » 23/01/17, 19:17

To answer your Dirk curves correspond. Not çe goes home. In times conso my comfort is less important night that if I spend the night reduced (I did the test 2 on several nights) I keep mode reduces a part of the day where it is less cold and the sun + final I consume less if my boiler remains comfortable night !!
0 x