Filter the smoke from the chimney

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
Liliane14
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Filter the smoke from the chimney

by Liliane14 » 17/01/17, 14:10

Hello,
Thanks to your subject, I realize that there are a lot of things I did not know about it. However, I have a pan at home. I think it is important to be well informed about the things that we use and I thank you for these many points.
A+
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 12/12/19, 02:15

Haute-Savoie: chimney fires soon banned in the Arve valley

THE PARISIAN • 11 / 12 / 2019

The old authentic fireplaces of Savoyard chalets with a wood fire crackling in the living room on return from skiing, would they be doomed to disappear? The prefect of Haute-Savoie has in any case signed a decree banning from January 1, 2022 "any use of open hearth wood heating, including as an addition or as an amenity" in the 41 municipalities of the Valley of the 'Arve, presented as "the most polluted in France".

Burning wood in the open air is extremely polluting. In the Arve valley, according to ATMO, the air quality control body in the region, heating with wood represents 70% of emissions of fine particles (PM10). Against 12% for industry and 16% for transport. “Open fireplaces are up to 100 times more polluting than efficient wood-burning appliances. And the height is that these fireplaces are totally inefficient in terms of heating. The prefect therefore made a good decision. We have to stop the bad heating with wood ”proclaims Anne Lassman-Trappier, president of the association“ Inspire ”which fights against pollution in the Arve valley.

The fireplace is a product of appeal for vacationers

Since 2012, the State encourages individuals to replace their old fireplaces thanks to the Air Bois fund, which offers assistance of 2000 euros for any change of installation. The owners of 3600 open fireplaces have already benefited. The aim is to reach 3000 others in the next two years. But some will be difficult to convince.

"Many owners rent chalets to tourists during the winter holidays, boasting on their announcements, supporting photos, the beautiful fireplace in front of which you can spend the evening, watching the flames dance and the fire crackling, everything by eating a fondue. It has become a product of appeal because vacationers seek this cozy side of the mountain in winter. Tourists and owners of these chalets must therefore realize that they are polluting, ”explains Muriel Auprince, member of the Coll'Air Pur collective, which brings together hundreds of inhabitants of the Arve valley who are fighting pollution.

Tax systems to lower the bill

Jean-Luc rents guest rooms in his chalet in Saint-Gervais. With a beautiful open fireplace that sits in the main room. “Tourists like to see a fire. It has a warm appearance. So I'm not going to rush to remove my chimney, ”admits this owner. Other families who live year-round in their homes are struggling to replace their chimney with a modern and efficient heater. "It is true that it represents money. Me, it cost me 8000 euros. Even with a 2000 euro bonus, this remains a significant investment, ”recognizes the mayor of Sallanches, Georges Morand.

Other tax systems can however lower the bill. The elected official of Sallanches welcomes the decision of prohibition taken by the prefect, specifying "that it should be applied everywhere in France because it is not only in the Arve valley that these chimneys pollute" .

http://www.leparisien.fr/environnement/ ... D-32280599
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/12/19, 21:29

There is still a long way to go.

Here is the comment that someone (probably a pure juice ecologist?) Posted on a video where I explain the use of ashes in my vegetable garden and where I introduce it with some pictures of my condensing pellet boiler ( which further reduces particulate emissions due to the condenser):

"The pellets half glue half wood seem super eco-friendly to me!"

He doesn't know that the pellets are made without glue!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/12/19, 22:12

Even the particle boards are far from being bound by this proportion of glue!
What ensures the cohesion of the pellet is the lignin which is redistributed between the wood fragments ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 15/12/19, 12:17

Yes yes, I know that the pellets are "stuck" by the lignin which heats up during extrusion and that the pellets are not stuck ... The quote was a praise to the "finesse and correctness" of certain thoughts "green", conveyed on the internet. The guy was probably proud of his "criticism", which he thought had ravaged me?

I wanted to highlight the prejudices, which die hard. Surely many "ecologists" continue to pollute with bad stoves, even open fires. Which they think is ecological, since "neutral in CO²" (which is correct, but reducing). But they criticize without knowing that a pellet boiler, modern, arrives with, a fuel like wood, with comparable emission values ​​(for particles) to an oil-fired boiler - in my case, thanks to the condensation. While remaining largely neutral in CO² (even if there is fuel for felling, skidding, transport - to be shared with the usual wood, which is the bulk of the extracted biomass).
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/12/19, 12:36

My message was not addressed to you, because I know that you know all that; I also understood the meaning of your speech, but wanted to provide some details for the Boeotians who would cross these lines ...

PS: it would not be worse to add an "e" to the title of the thread ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/12/19, 13:45

Since my email has been attacked, I no longer have administrator rights ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/12/19, 14:26

My PS was rather addressed to Christophe or to all those who can intervene (I am not sectarian!) ...
0 x

Back to "Air Pollution and solutions against air pollution"