Aerothermal or "hybrid" solar panel

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Aerothermal or "hybrid" solar panel

by Grelinette » 30/10/16, 22:18

Hi,

At random from a link on a site, I discover the "aerothermal solar panel"Or"hybrid".

According to the wiki page it is not new ("pariéto-dynamique" windows have been designed in 1970), and without doubt we had to talk about econology, but the concept seems to me interesting and simple enough to open a new subject.

The principle is a simple solar panel that has a thermal function to heat the air that passes through itbut also can give you photovoltaic function to produce the electricity that powers a built-in fan in the panel that propels the heated air into the house.
(I like this "all in one" aspect, even if I would have seen a small wind turbine in addition to add an additional function to this "solar Swiss army knife" : Cheesy: )

Here are some arguments from a constructor:

70% of the solar energy is exploited (20% max for the photovoltaic one). On a beautiful winter day, a panel of 1m2 will provide as much as an 700W convector, and for free.

1- The panel starts automatically when the sun comes out
2- The outside air enters the panel through the ventilation windows, and is then filtered at 40μm
3- The air is then heated in the panel, between the glass wall and the black heating body which concentrates the heat of the sun
4- Photovoltaic panel integrated into the panel powers the fan
5- Fan blows naturally heated air in your home
6- When the set temperature is reached, the thermostat automatically stops the heating
So you get a renewed air, heated, naturally and for free!

The simplicity and autonomy aspect seems to me already interesting, and if in addition these panels propose a regulation of the air in volume and temperature, it is even better.

Without wanting to advertise (but still a little bit : Oops: ), here is the site of a manufacturer who gives more explanation on the concept: here
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Aerothermal or "hybrid" solar panel

by chatelot16 » 31/10/16, 11:20

you have to calculate exactly

if the panel does not have extra glass to reduce heat loss it stays cold in winters and can not be used as heating

with a window more like a thermal panel the temperature rises to make a useful heating, but the photovoltaic efficiency decreases because of this increase of temperature and because of the reflexion of light on the glass ... and since the price of electricity is much higher than the price of low temperature heat resusltat is a loss

worse, this extra window will make solar oven in summer and requires a permanent cooling and expensive energy, with a problem of reliability because the slightest failure of this cooling can degrade definitely photovoltaic

for me it's simple who wants the photo voltaic and thermal solar must install 2 type of separate panel each optimized for its function

it does not prevent to think about a circuit of water under photovoltaic panel, but not to recover the heat in winters but to better cool it in summer ... but that can be done only when one has a source cold water, for example geothermal drilling for heat pump

without additional glass a circuit of water under photovoltaic heating does not heat when it is lime: it may just be useful to accelerate the heating a pool in early summer

the low temperature can only be used with a water circuit .... with an air circuit the necessary ventilation power kills the efficiency
1 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 31/10/16, 14:47

chatelot16 wrote:you have to calculate exactly

Is it necessary to calculate exactly? And what to calculate besides: yield, economy, depreciation of the investment, ...?
Being a completely autonomous sign (no power supply, no resale), except the effectiveness of the concept that remains to be verified, only the purchase price and the pose seems useful to me to take into account.

if the panel does not have extra glass to reduce the loss of heat it stays cold in winters and can not be used for heating with a window more like a thermal panel the temperature rises to make a useful heating, but the photovoltaic efficiency drop because of this increase in temperature and because of the reflection of light on the glass ... and since the price of electricity is much higher than the price of low temperature heat resusltat is a loss.

I imagine that the panel is designed to optimize the thermal AND photovoltaic.
But the fact is that a PV panel loses its effectiveness with increasing heat, and the presence of a fan that evacuates this heat from the panel to the house should allow to keep the best performance of the PV panel.
The cooling of a PV panel (absent on the current panels of the market) is also a point that has often been mentioned on econology.

That said, the main drawback that I see is that this panel works at full speed and the best performance when it is a beautiful and hot sun, so when you need less heat! ...

for me it's simple who wants the photo voltaic and thermal solar must install 2 type of separate panel each optimized for its function

Certainly, but when you know the investment required to install one and / or the other 2 panel types (voltaic / thermal), this basic solution can be in a consistent economic compromise.
It remains to know the purchase price of such a panel and the cost for its installation.

it does not prevent to think of a circuit of water under photovoltaic panel, but not to recover heat in winters but to better cool it in summer ...

A priori, from what I read on the site, there is no water circuit but simply.
There may be a feature in this panel that when the room temperature (and the house temperature) is high, and therefore the heating of the house is not needed, the warm air of the panel is simply evacuated to cool without being sent to the house. The ideal would have been that the pulsed air in the house is cooled ... but it requires an energy that such a panel can not provide.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
during
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by during » 30/03/17, 10:55

as a simple user, I do not really care about different numbers like Kw or whatever. What matters to me is that I feel the heat when I need it. I got what I wanted with energy-habitat. A professional, a service, an installation, a follow-up, and I do not take the head. It's much simpler this way
0 x