electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by Macro » 15/01/21, 11:20

Forhorse wrote:It's clear, especially since hey, 16kWh of lithium battery now must be able to fit into their thing.

It fits .... The problem is finding the skills to do it ..... Because it's far from being as simple as changing the batteries in a flashlight ....

Personally ... I dropped the matter of installing lithium in my 106 .... Very very complicated ....
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 15/01/21, 17:40

when it's easier than retrofitting a thermal to electric : Wink:
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/01/21, 21:40

the difficulty must above all be on the software side, ie to make the BMS of the new battery communicate with the existing ECUs of the vehicle.
1 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 19/01/21, 15:55

Soon the return of the R5 ... electric!
Symbolic on the scale of the “Renaulution” announced by Luca De Meo, the future electric Renault 5 is nevertheless the standard bearer of the new strategy of the French manufacturer. A highly anticipated model to which Gilles Vidal, the recent style director, returned this Friday

https://www.automobile-magazine.fr/voit ... 20-000-eur. It would be made in the north of France
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 19/01/21, 16:01

Gildas wrote:Soon the return of the R5 ... electric!
Symbolic on the scale of the “Renaulution” announced by Luca De Meo, the future electric Renault 5 is nevertheless the standard bearer of the new strategy of the French manufacturer. A highly anticipated model to which Gilles Vidal, the recent style director, returned this Friday

https://www.automobile-magazine.fr/voit ... 20-000-eur. It would be made in the north of France

Is it me or € 20000 for a car, do I still call it expensive?
Nah, am I dumped? (damn at 31 years old that's scary) I'm not about to invest in an electric with my clio 3 gasoline which has 66 km in ... 000 years!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/01/21, 18:59

Personally ... If you want to go electric ... Do a retrofit or find yourself an old school ... Because when they will apply the ticpe on the road kw .... It will hurt ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 20/01/21, 08:58

Macro wrote:Personally ... If you want to go electric ... Do a retrofit or find yourself an old school ... Because when they will apply the ticpe on the road kw .... It will hurt ...

Can you specify Macro? I don't know anything about it, but obviously I would like to switch to electric, or at least to hybrid. Especially since I moved, I do a little less than 30 terminals / day to go to work, so I will wear out my car more. Shall I take advantage of your knowledge on the subject if it doesn't bother you?
Here, and also for the others: you will advise me what.
I have a 3 clio 2007 petrol. Ridden less than 3k / year on average since I got it. Mainly for the long haul, usually with a bit of a mountain in it. Maintenance done in garages, nothing important every time. It therefore has 66 km.
Moved not long ago, I'm going to do at least 6 or 7 km / year from now on (I'm thinking about the electric bike + bus to mix a little on my trip, just to get some fresh air, but I don't want to do it every day).
My clio is doing 6.6L / 100 (real consumption tested on a full tank since I have been in my new region).
Chance: I have a special charging station at the foot of my new apartment.
I would like to go electric, but the car is perfectly utilitarian, I don't want to put too many circles in it.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/01/21, 10:04

The smartest thing would be to have a vehicle that does not communicate with the electrical network and that you recharge at home with a conventional outlet ....

If you charge at a specific terminal you will end up paying the taxes that will apply to road kWh sooner or later ... At home ... with an old non-traceable electric car it will probably be for later ... or of the declarative ...
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/01/21, 10:06

The Government in the medium to long term will face a drop in fuel consumption and an increase in demand for electricity.

It will therefore have to reorient its taxation on transport energy of fuels toward electricity.

If electricity were taxed as much as fuel, it would not be more interesting to drive electric. This would amount to multiplying by 3 the price per kWh, arriving at around 9-10 € / 100 km for an average car (as with gasoline).

Given the big concerns of autonomy / recharging of an EV in demanding driving + the additional cost of the purchase, no interest if the advantage of the cost of energy disappears.

We fear that the Linky is capable of detecting EV recharges, it will then be easy to tax this electricity marked on transport.

For the moment, however, I think that we are quiet for a few years.

On the other hand, on official recharging stations, taxation will be easy, and already, connecting and paying at some of its terminals is a little scam.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/01/21, 10:11

Remundo wrote:
On the other hand, on official recharging stations, taxation will be easy, and already, connecting and paying at some of its terminals is a little scam.

For example at home it is 2 € per hour to recharge my Czéro in classic 220v mode ... Or about 1 € per Kwh : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

A full recharge would cost me around 15 € ... To do around 75km this season .... Such an energetic blow .... Better that I drive my 225hp roadster tt ... At least I will not curdle not the loaves ...
1 x