The non-closure of the Fessenheim plant, where is the scam of the negotiations?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: non-closure of the Fessenheim plant, where is the scam of the negotiations?

by izentrop » 18/10/19, 10:21

AD 44 wrote:The emissions of CO2 and other gases are not related only to the production of electricity ...
Associate this table only with our means of electrical production ... ???
That's right, I should have rather presented this image or we see that reduce the nuclear 50% raises all the slider of imported fossil energy, so a shortfall for the balance of trade and climateImage https://www.electricitymap.org/?wind=tr ... tryCode=FR
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 18/10/19, 10:30

Re,

Regarding the nuclear I do not think to be dogmatic (I will not be for or against simply on principle).

Of course I have my idea of ​​what I can and should do individually and personally ... But good.

If not,

We should already ask ourselves what are the greenhouse gases.

1-What they represent in the warming.

2-The share attributable to human activity.

3-In this one ... The one relating to the production and the consumption of global energy.

4-And in this overall consumption, that due to the production of electricity.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 18/10/19, 11:40

Did67 wrote:(So ​​I'm not aiming for autonomy ... In accordance with my general philosophy: independence, great attention to balance sheets / cycles, but not autonomy)
What do you call "independence"?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 18/10/19, 12:07

izentrop wrote:That's right, I should have rather presented this image or we see that reduce the nuclear 50% raises all the slider of imported fossil energy, so a shortfall for the balance of trade and climate

I forgot that we produced uranium in France and that we did not import uranium. But where was my head?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/10/19, 12:13

Niger is not France? : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 18/10/19, 12:24

Are not we also dependent on imports for wind, solar (thermal or photovoltaic), all accessories (inverters, regulation ...), wood heating (building materials for stoves and boilers), or even ... Insulators (cork type or petroleum products)?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/10/19, 13:05

izentrop wrote:That's right, I should have rather presented this image ........

I think this one is much more talking, and also quite recent (2017).

Energy-Revolution-Clean-Power-Electricity-carbon-content-1 (1) .jpg
Energy-Revolution-Clean-Power-Electricity-carbon-content-1 (1) .jpg (280.09 KIO) Accessed 2895 times
1 x
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 18/10/19, 16:26

izentrop wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
izentrop wrote:France joins her neighbors by kneeling in front of the merchants of fear, but what a mess.
But what a cliché!
The cliché is to believe that reducing the share of nuclear energy, replacing it with intermittent energies without storage means, we will solve global warming, because the fossil energy part is necessarily a replacement. : roll:
We can see it well in Germany where coal consumption has increased. In France the share of electric heating is more important, so we did not leave the brambles. : Twisted:

Indeed, what would happen if France changed its electricity mix so that it includes a share of new renewable energies and only 50% nuclear electricity?
• The number of reactors would remain the same. We must in fact continue to ensure production even when renewable energies do not produce anything; the freezing windless nights under the Siberian anti-cyclone.
• But these nuclear power plants will be less widely used. They will produce less electricity, but for the same operating cost (the cost of operating a reactor is virtually unchanged whether it produces little or much). The kWh produced will therefore be more expensive.
Result of this magnificent (!) Operation: we will have spent billions to build wind turbines and photovoltaic farms, phagocytized agricultural land, polluted landscapes, to have ... more expensive electricity, as many CO2 emissions ... with always so many nuclear power plants! et exactly as many risks.
Can we do worse?
0 x
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 18/10/19, 16:41

izentrop wrote:
AD 44 wrote:The emissions of CO2 and other gases are not related only to the production of electricity ...
Associate this table only with our means of electrical production ... ???
[...] to reduce the nuclear of 50% raises the slider of the fossil fuels imported

The constraints of the intermittence of new renewable energies thus lead to different strategies depending on the case:
A country that already has a lot of fossil fuels can develop the new renewable energies, but taking care to keep existing fossil fuel plants in relief. This is the case of Germany.
A country that has few fossil plants can develop new renewable energies, but taking care of parallel construction of fossil fuel plants. This would be the case of France, which has renounced its nuclear power plants. In such a case, the massive construction of wind turbines would necessarily the construction of thermal power plants and emissions increased of CO2.

"Without a means of large-scale electricity storage", we cannot "prevent the intermittence of these energy sources [the new renewables] from leading to the use of fossil fuels when they do not provide the energy. requested. "(" Opinion on energy transition - as part of the debate on the bill on energy transition for green growth "- French Academy of Sciences, 2015)

Solar and wind power… also work with fossil fuels!

The energy transition - the case of Germany and France.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/10/19, 17:25

it looks like a lesson well learned by heart and repeated to envy. The closure of a power station implied, currently, that means of substitution are existing, and there it trails feet, and also it allows to verify the effectiveness of the technical means of dismantling and there is almost complete desert . Should it be necessary to make coffins like Chernobyl and soon Fukushima, the effectiveness of which is questionable since not experienced in the long term.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré