The disappearance of humanity! Coming soon?

philosophical debates and companies.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The disappearance of humanity! Coming soon?

by Ahmed » 10/06/16, 13:23

Find out...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/06/16, 13:44

If Izentrop is concerned with alcohol (even moderately) it may be necessary to specify:
izentrop wrote:
Ahmed wrote: Alcohol allows many to endure psychic pathologies which are then contained by this consumption.
Is that so ! which : Shock: :?: http://www.soins-infirmiers.com/complic ... alcool.php
It's not formal, it's a judicious observation of behavior. For some it is an instinctive assumption of the consumers concerned (who have observed an effect of "relaxation" see "euphoric" after absorption) and which cognitively (unconsciously) leads them to use alcohol to overcome their worries (we can see that all time). Some have found that it allowed them (in a way) to do "a shift from their own assessment"and thus make it possible to overcome their often inhibition problem / s, since in this way they can a little, thus,"get out of themselves".

To be classified as a pathology however (it will obviously depend on the subject) there is a stage of "break between normal and pathological", to overcome his anxiety (otherwise it is the differential diagnosis that will tell in principle). As for example with"inhibition of action"(see Henri Laborit). Or, another example, the"latent inhibition deficit ", which according to Wikipedia, would affect 35,8% of the world population (pathological, in the psychiatric sense, proven ...)
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhibitio ... on_latente

And with the very certain risk of adding one pathology to another: addiction.
It is necessary to suggest dopamine while doing a little sport, it is natural, it does not cost anything (a little effort while allowing to "decentralize while maintaining its own centration") and at the opposite of alcohol, helps to gain lasting and healthy self-confidence.

But in fact that those who are interested in finding out for themselves is still the best thing.

NB: the list of which Izentrop gives the link, speaks of "complications"(which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact suggested (and confirmed) by Ahmed namely that"alcohol allows many to endure psychic pathologies" And 36% is already a lot.)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/06/16, 16:21

Obamot wrote:an effect of "relaxation" see "euphoric"
Yeah, but hey, there are other less addictive ways to relax. Although ... coffee, tobacco? Moderation is not always easy in times of stress : Mrgreen:

Therapeutic alcohol, except as a disinfectant, not found. :|
And behind the texts there is https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussio ... on_latente
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/06/16, 17:07

Quite simply, some people experience a real discomfort that alcohol allows them to relieve, it is true in a way that is not harmless (which I never claimed). If you find out, you will notice that the alcohol withdrawal from these populations does not bring the expected improvements, since it results in an increase in the disorders which are at the origin of this consumption. It is obviously not a therapy, only a palliative ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/06/16, 17:26

Hello
If our Western societies tolerate alcohol so much (which is a drug ... hard) is that, somewhere, they find their account ... right?

It is above all a cultural habit! Indeed fermented drinks are the result of the conservation of a seasonal product for later use, the effects of which were not initially sought, (as fruits are preserved by drying them including raisins, apples, figs, apricots, etc.) Unfortunately, the effects on the body are not as noble! *
And violence is not systematic with alcohol: personally I am not violent ... on the contrary, when I have a drink in the pif, I look more for "contact" (social contact version dialogue therefore not physical but mental eh) ... it makes me more "sympathetic"

this is where this drug is misleading because if it brings down inhibitions (makes it more social), alcoholic evenings are used for that ... to fall girls, among others. Violence only appears when the individual encounters problems and where this alcohol has not broken down the inhibitory barrier, which protects from excesses of all kinds (even if it is only cultural) even when the individual , in ordinary times, is calm, even non-violent (I have experienced this behavior with a loved one, plus the testimonies of former dependents). However, the transition from occasional consumption to regular consumption, then excessive consumption takes place very slowly (social alcoholism) before becoming pathological.
Fortunately, the younger generations hardly drink any more wine at the table, but drink more easily outside meals like beer or strong spirits in certain circumstances. The wisdom is never to put your finger in a gear that can swallow it or the whole arm!

* I have the memory of a documentary which showed monkeys eating fruits at more than maturity, fallen to the ground, and which were already fermenting. They were all drunk and happily returned (but no aspirin available for disenchanted tomorrows)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/06/16, 18:44

izentrop wrote:
Obamot wrote:an effect of "relaxation" see "euphoric"
Yeah, but hey, there are other less addictive ways to relax. Although ... coffee, tobacco? Moderation is not always easy in times of stress : Mrgreen:

Therapeutic alcohol, except as a disinfectant, not found. :|
And behind the texts there is [Theoretical discussion: Inhibition_latente]

On the merits: not yet spoken of that, but of its "deficit", which does not have the same implications (do the appropriate 4-year training in which this subject is taught and you will understand why: so find out better !) ...

So that, in other words, you can't in such a simplistic way correlate what I said with what Ahmed said (one speaking about this, the other having tried to bring an explanation from two different angles and you in the middle grasping the slightest gap to slip in a doubt: free to doubt) no correlation given that the two things are not necessarily linked as you suppose, still the case by case (I was saying that it was informal and taken from "field" observations) in the sense that there would be other interlocking that you ignore (and that it would not be possible to explain for ethical reasons ,
► View Text

The above in response to your utterly abusive comments, because neither Ahmed nor I claimed this:

izentrop wrote:Therapeutic alcohol

I do not know if it exists (Janic could better say it since it was his job and would not want to speak for him) but I have experimented with homeopathic dillutions with an alcohol derivative (I do not drink it). myself, it was purely experimental). And even if "it would not be scientific or the effects would not be demonstrated"- as you seem to claim in another thread - for me it had produced sacred effects, so much so that our chemist advised me instead"stop my experiences or warn them if I did, so that they have time to call for help if necessary: : Mrgreen: I haven't tried it again!)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/06/16, 20:02

PS:
1) but I still managed to successfully deal with a problem I had (without necessarily diluting with alcohol, however!)

2) Izentrop's abusive comments about what he claimed to be "therapeutic alcohol": since self-medication is dangerous in fact.

3) it's "cool", aren't we reaching the pinnacle of trollism here?
► View Text
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/06/16, 21:27

Obamot wrote:abusive words of Izentrop ... do we not reach here the pinnacle of trollism?
Why all this tintouin?
Ahmed wrote:It is obviously not a therapy, only a palliative ...
I got the answer, let's not talk about it anymore : Wink:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/06/16, 00:10

izentrop wrote:
Obamot wrote:abusive words of Izentrop ... do we not reach here the pinnacle of trollism?
Why all this tintouin?

there is no tintouin, just a fraud, that of point (2) since you do not recognize your error (it was not just a question! Bougre de bougre ... !!!) : Arrowd: : Arrowd: : Arrowd:
Obamot wrote:2) Izentrop's abusive comments about what he claimed to be "therapeutic alcohol": since dangerous self-healing in fact.
there is no tintouin, just a second fraud, that of evading again the correct words in your quotes! : Arrowu: : Arrowu: : Arrowu:

Or the tintouin is that you take us for hams. Or it is involuntary and you have to ask yourself questions about your cognitive problem
► View Text
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/06/16, 09:03

@ Pedro and Obamot

We stop personal attacks and childishness, thank you.

Give your arguments, behave like adults. Disagreements may remain, there is no need to continue to bickering.
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"