The disappearance of humanity! Coming soon?

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Re: The disappearance of humanity! Coming soon?

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 14:01

Yes, I understand better the "Franco-French" reasoning quite far from the ideas of world globalization: if written in the 60s or 70s it is understandable ... given that he died more than 25 years ago. ...

When exactly did this Obamot reasoning date?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/06/16, 14:21

1966, from his book "Major Ideas for a Humanism in Scientific Society"not a bad title for a" believing "economist! : Mrgreen:

http://www.abebooks.fr/rechercher-livre ... i%E9-jean/
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 08/06/16, 15:44

Obamot wrote:It resembles the chronology made on the origin of life on Earth by reducing it to 24h00
Absolutely, except that this time the reference duration is internal to the speech:

Jean Fourastié wrote:By limiting the magnitude of the duration of the human phenomenon to one million years
The whole series is measured by this duration.
As this statement is completely peremptory and without any foundation, the whole analogy which follows it is worth absolutely nothing.

If I replace in this first sentence "one million years" by "one hundred and ten thousand years", humanity has passed 90 years ...
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/06/16, 16:52

Completely agree, I wanted to comment by dating from the pivotal period between the Cretaceous to the Tertiary period between -64 to -65 million years ... And this to amplify the fact that our species could be extremely ephemeral and remember how fragile it is necessarily. But I thought it would be arbitrary anyway.

On the other hand, what emerges in all cases is that the period during which man has refined his capacities to arrive at "life in modern society" (full foot in the era of "Humanities and Social Sciences"- which I place in the period from Friedrich Nietzsche, Sigmund Freud and the constructivist epistemology of Jean Piaget to the present day ... (but not wishing to create injustice by omitting great names such as Hegel, Spengler, etc. I had given up, since here too, trying to date would have been arbitrary) - in short, the fact is that this period is very short compared to everything else!

I also note another big inaccuracy (that no one has noted?) Is that the period of the emergence of "social science"is de facto prior to JC if we do not adopt the unilinear paradigm (according to the progression of the three ascending and progressive stages: the theological age, the metaphysical age and finally the scientific age) and if multilinear, it goes back more far, at least in the pre-dynastic Pharaohs period, that is to say until Mesopotamia (and in my humble opinion).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 18:47

Obamot wrote:1966, from his book "Major Ideas for a Humanism in Scientific Society"not a bad title for a" believing "economist! : Mrgreen:

Ok this therefore explains that ... it does not prevent, even in 1966, it lacks openness to the world, but this is only my opinion ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 18:48

Gaston wrote:The whole series is measured by this duration.
As this statement is completely peremptory and without any foundation, the whole analogy which follows it is worth absolutely nothing.

Absolutely, dear friend!
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 08/06/16, 20:46

Humanity will disappear, good riddance ! is a black ecological humor essay ... Our future is as blocked as that of the dinosaurs! Yves Paccalet assumes his rage and confronts us with our responsibilities in the destruction of our planet, faced with our own loss. The human species is condemned to extinction for a simple reason: it causes irreversible changes in its environment, as destructive as those of meteorites of the Primary and Secondary eras, which wiped out 80% of the species ... Can we still hope that Homo Sapiens finally acquires the wisdom with which he is engorged, while all the big questions (pollution, devastation of land and seas, disordered climates, new viruses ...) are despised; that immediate interests and profits take precedence, that fights for money and power prevail.

Where does this suicidal madness come from? Because man is a selfish great monkey who obeys three drives: sexual, territorial and hierarchical. His thirst for domination drove him to all nonsense, to war and to the cult of "always more".

Humanity will disappear ... Nuclear war, ozone, crazy climates, poisoning of air and water, new diseases ... All this will be very funny. And after ? Nothing ... Life will resume, it will create new species until the Sun definitively burns the planet, in a billion years. Good riddance ?...

Yves Paccalet, born in Savoy in 1945, philosopher, writer, renowned naturalist, is the author of two encyclopedias and twenty books. He publishes novels, essays, illustrated books, and collaborates in many journals. Among his latest publications, there are: La France des légendes (Flammarion, 2002), Mysteries and legends of the sea (Arthaud, 2004), L'École de la nature (Hoëbeke, 2004), Extrême Sud (Arthaud, 2005) and Legendary forests (Flammarion, 2005).

Book's extract :
I tried to hold on to my ecological expectations, like the mussel to its rock during a storm of force ten. I could see that the biotopes were more and more polluted, the seas plundered, the devastated forests, the dry marshes, the concrete mountains, the biodiversity ruined, the spirit of the Earth flouted, defiled, raped, murdered. I continued to smile so as not to have to cry.

For thirty years I have harbored illusions - for others as for myself. I tried to find reasons to keep trust in the man; to continue to believe in its future. I even added some in the blissful register. I proclaimed that everything is possible, including the best. “The human species, I argued, is sensitive, sociable, united and generous. She has a big brain and a heart. She is intelligent and creative. Her science and her morals will save her. The gravity of the situation is apparent to everyone: therefore, the remedies will be administered. The ecological awareness takes place, the consumer changes: the decision-makers (the politician, the industrialist, you and me) can only take it into account. At worst, education will allow the younger generations to finish the work that the old ones neglected. ”
I have been trying for thirty years to believe this discourse or this utopia, and to persuade others. But time has dissolved my last hopes. To sum up, I am exhausted. I'm tired of playing the Don Quixote in battle against oil refineries and nuclear power plants (the windmills would have suited me better: the wind power is clean and renewable). I am disgusted with the generous words which fly away and the lucid texts which no act concludes. I am tired of the good decisions that get bogged down in the quicksand of freebies, purses and illicit profits. I have it over my head with subtle projects that the greed of a few kills in the bud or suffocates at birth. I am tired of the perpetual dictatorship of individual, family, corporatist, religious, community or national interests; I don't give a damn and hypocrisy; ordinary baseness; general selfishness (I obviously fall under the adjective "general"). I have my slap of the promises hand on the chest, which we know that they engage only the fools who believe them.

http://livre.fnac.com/a5202541/Yves-Pac ... GwodTzsKlw
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 20:54

Thank you for this lessdewatt find!

A bit pessimistic but so realistic ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 08/06/16, 22:37

moinsdewatt wrote:...

Humanity will disappear, good riddance ! is a black ecological humor essay ... Our future is as blocked as that of the dinosaurs! Yves Paccalet assumes his rage and confronts us with our responsibilities in the destruction of our planet ...

This is typically the ecological discourse, not ecological, frankly detestable, which seeks to stir up fears, to make people feel guilty, to promise them the apocalypse. This is exactly what the preacher of the old days did, promising hell to uncultivated people, because if their harvest was destroyed or there was plague or cholera, it was because they had offended God , and he, his servant, knew what he was talking about to remedy it (moreover, it is from there that he draws his power and his strength from the minds of the ignorant common people, so we can take his word for it.) . :) ).

Today Nature has replaced God in the ecological discourse, not ecological, but the same ingredients are there, "Nature will take revenge, you sacked it, in Truth I tell you, follow my precepts, do what I do not say what I do, and you will be saved ": absolute intellectual horror.
A guy of the same kind, environmentalist deputy, was interviewed yesterday on TV. He tried to justify the ban on sodium chlorate on the grounds that it was dangerous, since it was a "chemical". We know that the only danger is that idiots will use it as an explosive, but that it is a rather ecological weedkiller. It is freely sold in Belgium, where even the French can buy it, and even among them the idiots who want to make explosives. This ban is therefore completely useless, except to piss off the citizen who wants a clean path (I have the impression that this is where the politician finds his pleasure and the last power he has left, that of pissing off the citizen).
At his level of reasoning, this member should also have a ban on electricity, since idiots can put their fingers in sockets. The result of this ideological and not ecological ecology, is that the gardeners fell back on the glyphosate, much less soft. This is what happens when you use an ideology brandishing slogans: preachers become dangerous despots.

"Yves Paccalet assumes his rage", it is written, it is exactly that. Today there is no longer any reasoning or weighting of the reflection, we walk impulsively, to crushes, to fits of rage, to indignation, to sensations, to impressions, to all that leads to arbitrariness and intolerance by abandoning reason or by partial and partisan selection of the only rational arguments that go in the direction of his instincts.
These do not set an example. Those who have a real ecological behavior, are not lesson givers because their demonstration is enough.

So then when we look closely at our political hucksters, we find Tartuffe de Molière, the false devotee, as harmful as the true, but at least in the second, we will not blame the insincerity.
We had already seen Noël Mamère arrive by car and then tell journalists that he had come by bike. And today we see that Nicolas Hulot who affirms "we reduce ourselves to the futile", "our responsibility as parents must take precedence", "Do not sacrifice the future of our children in the light of our trivialities" is sailing as a family on a boat that can consume 100 liters per hour!

So my little message: My dearest Brothers :), rather than serving the mass with inflammatory dogmas and speeches, listening to them or relaying them, let's try to lead by example, and find the right ecological tricks, including technological ones, to lead to the replacement of practices that are harmful to us. This is how we change minds.
Last edited by Exnihiloest the 08 / 06 / 16, 22: 45, 1 edited once.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 22:45

+1 nice analysis !!

It is not humanity that must be condemned but the system put in place by it! System that favors a tiny minority at the expense of the vast majority ... it is this system that must disappear (or at least evolve) ... but not humanity!

re-look at the beautiful green: https://www.econologie.com/belle-verte-t ... n-avancee/
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"