Battery Charger Ultimate speed ulgd 3.8 a1 DOES NOT

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Battery charger Ultimate speed ulgd 3.8 a1 DOES NOT

by Obamot » 11/05/16, 20:55

3 years warranty.

As Christophe suggested, try to connect the charger to another battery to see if the behavior remains similar.
Otherwise, since this kind of compact charger has a logic circuit, does anyone have an idea for a reset?

It is also necessary to be wary of the fact that a battery can announce a voltage> 10V but be ruined (amha) because an element can very well be still stable at rest and see the tension collapse as soon as requested.

Here a hacking of this charger that describes a curious symptom, maybe the same? (And who gives an idea on what's inside, without wanting to add a chipset, maybe just a track to make a reset?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=hJtitHMMuZo

Here another video that describes a symptom and then suggests a remedy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJplsH29e8

In his case, apparently it would be enough to change a simple switch ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/05/16, 21:27

PS: beware of electric shocks, of course do not intervene if you do not know a minimum electricity and the usual precautions to take, posted for informational purposes, at your own risk.
1 x
faissel
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by faissel » 12/05/16, 11:17

izentrop wrote:So down. You should contact the service to return until he is guaranteed : Wink:

I tried with several batteries
he is damaged I think! I am in Morocco it is exported from Germany I have no guarantee !!
he fake tested each component to diagnose the problem,

Thank you for your support
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 12/05/16, 11:23

faissel wrote:he fake tested each component to diagnose the problem,
It is not very ecological, but given the price of this charger, it will be easier to order a new one.
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 12/05/16, 16:37

It does not cost much to attempt a repair by replacing the chemical capacitors, they are the least reliable components in electronics.
If the charger was plugged permanently there is a good chance that there was one that died. If there is one that is bulging, not even need to test it, it is HS.
0 x
faissel
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by faissel » 12/05/16, 19:00

Obamot wrote:3 years warranty.

As Christophe suggested, try to connect the charger to another battery to see if the behavior remains similar.
Otherwise, since this kind of compact charger has a logic circuit, does anyone have an idea for a reset?

It is also necessary to be wary of the fact that a battery can announce a voltage> 10V but be ruined (amha) because an element can very well be still stable at rest and see the tension collapse as soon as requested.

Here a hacking of this charger that describes a curious symptom, maybe the same? (And who gives an idea on what's inside, without wanting to add a chipset, maybe just a track to make a reset?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=hJtitHMMuZo

Here another video that describes a symptom and then suggests a remedy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJplsH29e8

In his case, apparently it would be enough to change a simple switch ...

Thank you for your answer I will try this weekend
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/05/16, 22:27

I would start by testing the state micro-switch (as demonstrated in one of the videos I mentioned) because if a condo has slammed, there is a good chance that the charger does not work at all ... ! Mebon, a glance to see if there is one slammed, does not cost anything either.

Gaston wrote:
faissel wrote:he fake tested each component to diagnose the problem,
It is not very ecological, but given the price of this charger, it will be easier to order a new one.

Regarding the purchasing power in Morocco, it represents between 5 10x the price of here, so for us not too worth repairing (I would have tried ^ ^) but for Morocco, it's a bit as if we had paid the charger between 150 and 200.- €

I draw my soldering iron for less than that : Cheesy:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 13/05/16, 11:35

And the price of the parts (capacitors, ...) that we will change "to see" and without guarantee of result, it is how much in Morocco :?:
0 x
Aldokc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Aldokc » 21/06/20, 10:57

Hello, I am responding to this old post because I had the same problem and I fixed it. I had a dry solder on the CMS side of the card at the 220 V power supply level, a solder between a SMD capacitor and a leg of the transformer. Solder redone and the miracle the screen turns on again. It was my case and if it can help someone out ..
1 x