Pesticides near homes

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pesticides near homes

by izentrop » 13/08/19, 20:53

GuyGadebois wrote:
izentrop wrote:Blah ...

I did not say that it was not toxic, I said that among other properties, these plants were repellents. The journalist was therefore right.
Ok, so at a non-lethal dose, an organic insecticide goes to the repellant status ... it's practical.
Only it's just a convention, because the plant extract can be more or less concentrated in active ingredient
Finally, we end up with a situation similar to my article on Neem oil. We have, face to face, products whose negative side effects are the same on aquatic fauna or beneficial insects.
We can even say that certain synthetic products are clearly better than natural products, since tau-fluvalinate is much better than natural pyrethrins in combating the decline of hives.
This synthetic molecule has long been the only one available, and it can be said that it saved millions of hives from certain death during the 80s to 2000s. Since then, other solutions, including some biological ones, have been found, with an equivalent or higher level of efficiency.
On the other hand, while having the same negative effects, synthetic pyrethroids allow a large reduction in doses and the number of applications. Under these conditions, the same negative effects are expressed less often. In other words, a protection based on natural pyrethrins, will have more serious negative side effects because the interventions will be repeated more frequently.

However, once again for reasons of ideology, dogma, organic farming will prefer the use of natural pyrethrins.
It therefore seems preferable to cause more serious damage to the environment, rather than to change anything to an ideology devoid of any scientific foundation. http://culturagriculture.blogspot.com/2 ... que-3.html
In this case, it is in Tanzania (60% of world production), Papua New Guinea and Kenya. We learn in this Kenyan document that it takes 52.000 plants to obtain 25kg of powder. Here, we discover that the pyrethrum, not surprisingly, is attacked by pests and fungi. http://culturagriculture.blogspot.com/2 ... de-la.html
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 13/08/19, 21:04

izentrop wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
izentrop wrote:Blah ...

I did not say that it was not toxic, I said that among other properties, these plants were repellents. The journalist was therefore right.
Ok, so at a non-lethal dose, an organic insecticide goes to the repellant status ... it's practical.

It's not "practical", it's true. The pyrethrum flower is a repellent and its active ingredient becomes lethal when concentrated to make an insecticide. I don't see what the problem is (I don't use it and don't want to use it). I would add that if the legislation is shitty, it is not the fault of organic farmers, but of decision-makers who have been doing anything, no matter how, in all areas for years.
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/05/21, 10:02

Good news for anti-pesticides, but not for anti-GMOs and the like https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/p ... m.N1081639
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/05/21, 10:06

izentrop »03 / 05 / 21, 10: 02
Good news for anti-pesticides, but not for anti-GMOs and the like https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/p ...m.N1081639
replacing a bullshit with another bullshit is still bullshit! 8)
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/05/21, 12:03

To get out of pesticides, seed companies are betting on "new GMOs

The seed companies yes, not the people ... moreover it has been shown that it does not work. Except for Izy who swallows everything.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/05/21, 01:22

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
To get out of pesticides, seed companies are betting on "new GMOs
The seed companies yes, not the people ... moreover it has been shown that it does not work. Except for Izy who swallows everything.
Ah yes :?: :?: You are in the secret of the gods :?: ... because the research is still in progress.

Besides, people, do they know that beets don't flower and
20 kilos of insecticide micro-granules per hectare. With neonicotinoids, we went to 90 grams per hectare ...
on average, based on laboratory studies, it is observed that the toxicity decreases by half every 150 days. In other words, if 50 grams of active substances are applied to a beet field sown in April, 25 grams will be found at the time of the October harvest. If behind, we plant wheat, then there will be only 12,5 grams left during the harvest. So on… Sufficient, to harm browsers? Some conservationists claim that micro-traces are enough to destroy them, but scientific studies contradict each other and none can say absolutely that they can lead to the death of bees. https://www.agriculture-durable.ch/neon ... mes-reels/
Stop your chariot, the anthroposopher vigilante.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/05/21, 01:30

And Izy still gobbles "it dead !!!!!!". And yes, there is marked "sustainable agriculture" on the Swiss site, so it's good. : roll:
All is well, it is under study, we tell you. : Lol:
Izygobtou, I'm going to call him, here ... : Mrgreen:

Ps: I am still not an anthroposophist.
Last edited by GuyGadeboisTheBack the 04 / 05 / 21, 01: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/05/21, 01:44

You shouldn't be morons either and choose between a little chemistry and a lot of CO2.
Reducing the climate impact is urgent, isn't it?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/05/21, 01:48

Agrochemicals, concentration camps and intensive agriculture generate what amounts of Co2? I don't remember very well ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/05/21, 08:26

izentrop »04 / 05 / 21, 01: 44
You shouldn't be morons either and choose between a little chemistry and a lot of CO2.
Reducing the climate impact is urgent, isn't it?
No! what is urgent is to preserve life, because CO2 or not, the dead by poisoning will no longer be there to see it. This is moron!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré