OBD: erasing errors trip computer after repairs on all brands!

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: OBD: erasing errors trip computer after repairs on all brands!

by Macro » 09/03/16, 11:21

And your mechanic gave you the 6 digits of the default code ???

When it is started does it turn properly? it has all its power?

When did it start? after an intervention, in summer in winters ???
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/16, 11:31

I had on my alfa a breakdown of this kind ... The car only started when cold ... With the suitcase it gave me: desynchronization camshaft / crankshaft (brief timing badly calibrated) but only hot. ... What can delay a hot distribution ??? Well simply one of the two position sensors of the two organs which was in the process of getting the jacket ... The worst is that it was my wife who broke down all the time (because me when I served it was to go to the taff and come back 9 hours later) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/16, 11:43

1) A car that does not start any more does not necessarily put an error on the dashboard.

For example, bm, does not indicate the HS glow plugs on the dashboard, even when entering the "maintenance" mode which remains extremely restricted! It's still interesting in your case to go for a walk, here is the procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW700dm2E9M

2) What is a BM model? Petrol or diesel? What engine?

Because it is not exactly the same method of investigation.
A car that does not start while the starter is turning well is generally (but there are others ... more subtle!):

a) ignition problem (including spark plugs or glow plugs ... fairly easy to change)
b) problem of carburetion / injection: the fuel does not arrive any more or more well in the injectors (and there the breakdowns can be multiple: as said macro this can come from a setting in safety therefore c))
c) securing the car (and good luck finding it without a diagnostic tool)

3) How did it behave in the km preceding the breakdown? Abnormal noise or behavior? I ask that because there is a big concern of reliability on certain modern BM until 2011 on the BMW N47 and N57 engines

Launched in spring 2007, 4 and 6 cylinder diesel engines suffer from chronic illness in the distribution chain. An Achilles heel that can cause engine failure until 2011.

Read: http://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobi ... 80379.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/16, 11:49

Gaston wrote:
Celine and her car wrote:at bmw where I was told to change the battery and the starter for around 1000 euros
1000 € to change the starter and the battery, it is not excessive if that solves the problem (a starter is worth more than € 500 without labor).

Absolutely, for bm, I find that it is even a good price ... I saw rather between 1500 and 2000 €.

An AMG battery costs € 250 excl. VAT at bm + 1 hour of installation, or around € 400 incl. :) They're nice"...

After that, if the car is 15 years old, 1000 € it hurts ... compared to its residual value.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/16, 11:54

The nipondenso starter of my old rocky daihatsu costs around 800 € in new in its "heavy duty" version ...
0 x
Celine and her car
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celine and her car » 09/03/16, 13:40

Basically there is no problem when it rolls it is a real bomb. It started in summer, she had trouble starting except for the first use so we thought of something that was heating and making contact because 1 hours later she restarted without problem, then she had trouble starting all the time until 'to now where she no longer wants at all. nothing else to report, no warning light, no symptoms!
This is a 320 46 diesel bmw 150 compact 2002 XNUMX horses
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/16, 13:54

For the price of a passage to the diag .... If the said passage to the diag is a success..80 € it is not expensive compared to hours of tatonements and probes changed for nothing ... A good software + interface diag in official version it costs between 600 and 1000 € .. To update each time a new model is put into service ... Add to that the training and the salary of the guy who will use it ...
Personally I mount and repair tires in my garage .... I wanted to invest in a geometry bench (an old purely mechanical model) and a lifting bridge (currently I work with a jack) when I see the time it takes and the price of the maintenance of the equipment .. If I wanted to get a scraper at 10 € an hour I had to ask more than Noraufeurouge to do a front axle adjustment control ... so I stay on basic ... I do not know how ls do with benches has 10 000 €, types that cost them 25 € an hour and all the taxes that go behind to make such low prices ... Personally change a game of brake pads for 12 € ... When you stumble on a basic thing ... Still pass ... The day or it is a xantia or a GS ... even if I am rather the kind dies of hunger that takes Touskipasse ... I leave them the change of pads to 12 balls ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/03/16, 13:59

Celine and her car wrote:Basically there is no problem when it rolls it is a real bomb. It started in summer, she had trouble starting except for the first use so we thought of something that was heating and making contact because 1 hours later she restarted without problem, then she had trouble starting all the time until 'to now where she no longer wants at all. nothing else to report, no warning light, no symptoms!
This is a 320 46 diesel bmw 150 compact 2002 XNUMX horses
Have you at least checked the voltage across the battery when it does not start.
You say "new battery", but that does not prevent its defect.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/16, 14:08

And the error code read by the garageot ????
0 x
Celine and her car
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celine and her car » 09/03/16, 15:02

Battery checked and no worries and the error code is said to have no right to communicate it to us.
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "