Hydraulic repair asynchronous generator

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Hydraulic repair asynchronous generator

by raymon » 21/02/16, 17:55

I installed about 8 years ago a used leroy sommer h4 bulb hydro turbine which produced with my fall about 5kw and big short circuit problem. Laborious disassembly to realize that there was a short circuit on the stator, probably due to a foreign body between rotor and stator. Fortunately when I bought this machine I had a second generation in identical reserve.
By dismantling with my electrician friend we were surprised to find that there was oil between the rotor and stator and no trace of joints between the bearings and the engine is this normal? My friend does not know this type of editing. However on one of my motorcycles a 125 Honda I remember seeing the alternator that was bathed in oil what do you think?
The lubricating oil is not dielectric.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Repair asynchronous hydraulic generator

by Forhorse » 21/02/16, 19:35

In electric motors of this type (and therefore in generators of the same type), so-called "greased for life" bearings are used which have their own seal (2RS, ZZ or EE bearings)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 21/02/16, 19:51

No, these are not sealed bearings; they are in the oil.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/16, 20:48

Do you have a 5kW hydraulic power plant at your place Raymon? And you haven't presented it to us yet !!! Paaaas biennn! lol
0 x