inter seasonal storage solar thermal

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: inter seasonal storage solar thermal

by lilian07 » 28/01/20, 18:41

I add that we did not look further because the ecology was in no way a problem. Which is potentially like thinking people were stupid before, but AMHA is not.
It is simply that we are above all a society of waste from the air of mechanization and that everything is going well so far.
To return to storage it is true that between theory and practice there is a world and that everything is not achievable in renovation but the spirit of recycling is starting to make its way little by little.
I have cited a few industries with high fatal energy losses, but there is one that would be the champion in all categories and which is already a boiler by design that produces a lot of heat (I am thinking of power plants).
In addition it is a stable heat exchanger in the ground (no variation in climatic conditions nor sensitive to extreme weather variation).
But the devil is probably hiding in the details and I do not know the reason that prevents this type of exchanger.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/01/20, 18:53

sicetaitsimple wrote:Certainly. But why aren't all homes in France super-insulated, equipped with condensing boilers or heat pumps, PV on the roof, ... and / or connected to a super-efficient heating network?
There must be one or more reasons?

- You should NEVER piss off the industrialists with severe and changing standards. "When the building goes, everything goes". : Cheesy:
- The client must have the impression of getting value for money with cardboard housing.
- With everything nuclear, electricity savings have rarely been up to date.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/20, 18:58

lilian07 wrote:But the devil is probably hiding in the details and I do not know the reason that prevents this type of exchanger.

The reason is that a power plant rejects water at maximum 30 ° C in summer and much less in inter-season. So no chance to significantly recharge a buried seasonal storage, it will certainly even unload it .....

Or it is cogeneration, but there is no longer any need for storage.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/20, 19:12

GuyGadebois wrote:- You should NEVER piss off the industrialists with severe and changing standards. "When the building goes, everything goes". : Cheesy:
- The client must have the impression of getting value for money with cardboard housing.
- With everything nuclear, electricity savings have rarely been up to date.

- it is sure that if you annoy French founders or cement manufacturers beyond European standards the problem will be quickly resolved .... They will melt or calcine elsewhere. Super result.
- To my knowledge, thermal regulations apply for new constructions.
- Ah, I thought that electricity was expensive?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/01/20, 19:22

sicetaitsimple wrote:- Ah, I thought that electricity was expensive?

Not on paper. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 28/01/20, 19:23

ok, indeed 30 ° is not much, I thought that the towers which strongly condense in the atmosphere cooled warmer water.
There is still 75% of thermal losses on a power station which makes a lot of GWh lost in nature.
However, the stable exchanger / cooler function in the soil remains without climatic problems.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/20, 20:17

lilian07 wrote:ok, indeed 30 ° is not much, I thought that the towers which strongly condense in the atmosphere cooled warmer water.
There is still 75% of thermal losses on a power station which makes a lot of GWh lost in nature.

More precisely, 66% for an existing French nuclear power plant, 60% for a "modern" coal plant, and less than 45% for such a modern gas plant.
It may be nerd, but it's just physics ...... The will will not be able to do much!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/01/20, 20:36

sicetaitsimple wrote:
lilian07 wrote:ok, indeed 30 ° is not much, I thought that the towers which strongly condense in the atmosphere cooled warmer water.

More precisely, 66% for an existing French nuclear power plant, 60% for a "modern" coal plant, and less than 45% for such a modern gas plant.
It may be nerd, but it's just physics ...... The will will not be able to do much!

So, if I understand you correctly, is there any way to recover this waste of calories? Am i good?
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/01/20, 20:46

Cogeneration, trigeneration ...
Guy you can get hot with the loss of power from your PC for example
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89nergie_fatale
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-01-28-20-45-52-219_com.android.chrome.jpg
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/01/20, 21:01

plasmanu wrote:Cogeneration, trigeneration ...
Guy you can get hot with the loss of power from your PC for example

Ah well, the losses from my PC directly heat the room where my PC is located. :D
0 x