Request info on solar 24V cable section

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
kirra33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kirra33 » 28/09/15, 06:43

I have more than just swinging to junk so !!!! Great
Yes indeed I posted this question on another forum, but not having all the answers, I tried here ... From the beginning, I gave all the characteristics of the weird installation that I only have now that I am told that this 'is "disastrous" And sorry then to have been fooled by these sellers of kit on the internet who tell nonsense ... I specify that if I took it is inverter, it is to be able rather quickly add 3 panels and additional batteries ... Now excuse me, but your little war between Belgian and French standards, does not interest me, go for a good laugh one last time, I am a Belgian who lives in France !! To conclude, I came here because it seemed to me that forum was more open and focused on ecology, the thing that bothered me about "the other" forum is the fact that we find more guys who talk about resale to edf than people who decide not to appeal to them! My opinion has always been that if one day I installed photovoltaic, it certainly would not be to sell to edf but to use it! similarly I find it limits the pro mix of photovoltaics on the forum who would still be well tempted to preach for their parish ... this is of course only my opinion!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/09/15, 11:54

Simply not to let cohabit in the same tube a circuit that heats with another circuit powered. This is also why we make the bipolar cut (or tetra for three-phase lines)

For isolation, as there may be 400 V between phases, the standard is 600 / 1000.

fires that originate from a short circuit that only exists in television news.

You can say the newspapers all at once. It is at least the 2e that has resulted in deaths this year in my conurbation where the habitat is outdated, like cotton-sheathed yarn and a marble slab with 4 fuse for the whole house ... When you sell a house, the seller must deliver it with a recent report from an approved inspection body and the buyer has one year after the purchase to do the work.

I had indeed forgotten the electric heating, almost nonexistent with us.

On the other hand, I am always amazed by the size of your general differential circuit breakers.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/09/15, 21:55

Would you have a summary of current Belgian electrical standards under your elbow? (document or links) because I am a little curious to know all the subtleties of this regulation.

I searched a bit, but what I found was 2008 date, so it does not have to be the latest version.
From what I have seen, there is (as I suspected) many similarities with French standards.
Obviously you use a lot of cables for your installations, many of which can be directly embedded in the partitions without sheath (which is forbidden in France)
So the separation of the different circuits is almost a natural consequence.
In France we can use cable too but traditionally we mainly use sheathed wire, which allows to easily place multiple circuits in the same conduit.
On the other hand, the excerpt I read spoke of no obligation as to the number of different circuits.

I do not know if you have already read excerpts of the French standards, but here they impose a minimum number of catches per piece plus an additional all the m². It's even worse in the kitchen where you have to take almost every 20cm.
As we can not put more than 8 taken by circuits, we find ourselves quickly with a large number of different circuits.
Hence tables of huge distributions ... especially that a number of differential is also imposed according to the surface of the housing.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/09/15, 22:12

kirra33 wrote:I have more than just swinging to junk so !!!! Great

No Still not ! But let's say it's far from optimized, which is a shame.
You have a MPPT regulator that with the right choice of panel would have allowed you to scratch a few watts especially when they are lacking (in winter) and limit the section of the cable between the panels and the regulator (and limit losses in this cable in passing)
it's not great, but when you want to be autonomous with a limited means of production, you always try to gain the maximum and lose the minimum, all for the lowest possible cost. The small stream make the big rivers, you know the sayings ...

The same goes for the battery - inverter correlation. it will work, but suddenly you bought a "big" inverter that you can only use 15% of its capacity. A smaller one would have cost less.
it should allow you to evolve for sure. But the risk is to be tempted to shoot more than can reasonably support the batteries (one shot a little more, the next time a little more, the next time even more ... etc, and finally we exceed what would be reasonable even occasionally)
And there, it will kill the batteries quickly, it's a shame because in an autonomous installation is what costs the most expensive.

As for adding other batteries "later" I believe on the other forum someone already told you it was not done.
We change the batteries all of a sudden. Coupling new batteries to "used" batteries is what to find immediately with a pack of "used" batteries whose age is equivalent to that of the battery in worse condition.

Rather than make small upgrades piecemeal that will necessarily wobbly, saves to buy a larger battery pack, more suitable capacity, when it will be out of order (what should happen, you have included, much faster than expected)
Then, more panels to recharge these larger batteries (also to invest in a MPPT regulator with a voltage range adapted to the formation of a string panels you already have ... and new characteristics identical story to form a homogeneous whole)
0 x
kirra33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kirra33 » 29/09/15, 08:30

haaaa the constructive response :D thank you ! Well, I did not understand everything I admit, especially at the string etc ... Now I'm going to answer you about the fact that we would be tempted to consume more than expected, I know that I do not have enough panels or batteries, so in a 1er time the installation will mainly be used for lighting 2 3 or 4 led lamps of 1 watts that will be lit simultaneously, the recharge of my laptop, and has a little TV, that's all ... For the rest, we launch 1 washing machine 2 times a week, so 2 group hours that at the same time will recharge the batteries. For the moment I have an electric cumulus, with XNUMX hours of current every two days, that's enough, and I'm setting up a solar water heater ... My fridge is quite greedy, I'm going to install on a timer so it does not pump nonstop while waiting to find a smaller and thrifty ... The only problem is actually the battery, I could not afford to buy more, I will try not to wait too long to add more ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/09/15, 12:58

It all depends on what you mean by "don't wait too long"

If you limit yourself to this low consumption and avoid discharging the batteries too much (no more than 20% or 40Ah useful or 960Wh ...) and you do not wait more than 6 months to add new batteries , it should do it ... even if I do not recommend it.

But rather than putting a "large" number of small batteries in parallel (parallel series in your case) normally we put several "large" batteries in series in order to have only one chain.

for example for 400Ah / 24V batteries have can
- Put 4 batteries of 200Ah / 12V in series / parallel
- Put 4 batteries of 400AH / 6V in series
The number of batteries is the same, the price probably equivalent, but the second solution is preferable.
I had the opportunity to test both, and the experiment confirms the theory.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/09/15, 17:15

Excuse me for hanging around a bit, Forhouse, here is a summary about the home installations.

http://www.belor.be/documents/pdf/regle ... _BELOR.pdf
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
kirra33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kirra33 » 09/10/15, 16:41

Hi everyone, little return from the installation that works now for almost 10 days, I started to consume the economy to not have a surprise and learn to know the reactions to time ... For the lighting, no worries, I always have 3 or 4 led that works, my fridge is quite old and although eco at the time, it still consumes 130 w so I put it on the road preferably when it There is sunshine, and this 4 or 5 hours a day. the computer is connected on average 5 h / day and the TV which is 150 watts 5h / day too. so far, counting the days of greyness and sun alternately, the batteries are discharged of max 20%, it is certain that as soon as I can, I will increase my battery and as I measure will equip me with economic cleaning :D here it is not much, but what a pleasure to produce its own electricity! I am now attacking the solar water heater! a +
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/10/15, 18:17

Goods.
It's great to come and give us the report.

I hope you tell us how you will have spent the winter (the hardest is in December / January when production is at a minimum).
0 x
kirra33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kirra33 » 09/10/15, 18:53

Yes no worries, if I still have enough juice to turn on the computer : Lol: but good in winters here we often have beautiful days of blue sky and full sun ...
0 x