Increase tank pressure for gag

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Increase tank pressure for gag

by deidei » 07/06/15, 14:04

Hello,
I installed a 1000L tank in my garden about 1 m high, to which I added a claber aquano video2 programmer followed by a 4-way distributor that feeds gag ondiseve in my vegetable patch.
The system works wonderfully except, and yes there is one except : Cry: , that when the tank is not full enough some drippers are dry for lack of pressure!
So I was thinking of adding (it's starting to cost me dear!) A solar pump like this:
http://www.sellande.com/sellande-webcom ... e-s22.html
Here are the questions I ask myself:
Can the programmer claber act as an automatic tap for the pump, ie rotate it and stop it at the programmed times? (Approximately 1 hour every 2 days)
Is there no problem of overheating
Should I add a pressure reducer to it?
Should I return water to the tank as seen on this forum?
Do you think it works?
All your opinions, advice and other ideas are welcome of course!
Thank you very much
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/06/15, 14:57

It would be necessary to determine the operating height limit during the drop in level and raise your tank accordingly (+ a small margin), it would be the simplest and the least expensive ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by deidei » 07/06/15, 15:23

thank you Ahmed
I will have to raise the tank by almost more than its half which bothers me since it is leaning against a party wall and that I would not want to impose on them the view of my tank!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/06/15, 15:59

You can always consider camouflage, to make the (partial) view of your tank more "glamorous"!
Another solution, a small tank placed at the height and following the best practices on a stake and powered by a small recovery pump triggered by a floating contactor: much smaller than your tank and lower (since it is not necessary to take into account the amplitude of the level of the tank; hysteresis may be lower).
Last edited by Ahmed the 07 / 06 / 15, 16: 04, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/15, 16:03

Why you are not satisfied with just a pump + panel (much cheaper): http://www.sellande.com/sellande-webcom ... e-15w.html

A priori, it is designed to rotate continuously.

But actually, you loop the end of your circuit to re-enter through the top of your tank: this "stabilizes" your pressure and maintains a constant flow, perhaps necessary for the lubrication / cooling of your pump ... ?? ??
0 x
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by deidei » 07/06/15, 16:03

yes it is an idea, I'll have to see that with the neighbor because the view will be partial but almost whole!
If not do you think that the system that I describe would be functional?
thanks again!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/15, 16:05

Ahmed wrote:You can always consider camouflage, to make the (partial) view of your tank more "glamorous"!

Indeed, I also plan to install a whole set of tanks, which I will clad with wood + vegetation; on the top, as I have a sloping ground, I will arrange a wooden terrace ...
0 x
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by deidei » 07/06/15, 16:12

Did67 wrote:Why you are not satisfied with just a pump + panel (much cheaper): http://www.sellande.com/sellande-webcom ... e-15w.html

precisely I want to make it work that once every two days or so the other pump is in self-priming or my question is what the programmer can act as an on / off switch somehow
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/15, 16:17

Another approach is to see how many drippers you have per line and what flow has each dripper:

- the less flow you have, the less pressure difference there will be between the start of a line and the end! When stopped, the pressure is the same at the start and end.

- it is better to put several "big pipes", with few drippers, than a small number of big pipes with many drippers

- finally, it is possible to correct the pressure difference by giving a slope to your line: for example a slat, which is high at the start of the line, and at ground level at the end (but you need, for that, drippers at the end of a small pipe, no drippers directly connected to the large pipe) ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/15, 16:24

deidei wrote:
Did67 wrote:Why you are not satisfied with just a pump + panel (much cheaper): http://www.sellande.com/sellande-webcom ... e-15w.html

precisely I want to make it work that once every two days or so the other pump is in self-priming or my question is what the programmer can act as an on / off switch somehow

1) Yes. May to make a small spray of water. This means that there is sufficient flow at all times. A gag consumes much less water than such a jet!

So I will "guarantee" the flow! To be on the safe side ...

2) In my opinion: no. Once started, your circuit, even if it passes through the pump, remains a "siphon". The centrifugal pump is not a valve. Nothing prevents the passage of water ... So it will leak permanently. A little, no doubt ... But it will not be a tap or a valve! Even if you pump from "the top" ...
0 x