Connection problem

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
balou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Connection problem

by balou » 20/04/15, 17:11

Hello
I bought a 370W 24V kit consisting of 2 hareonsolar HR-185-24Aa panels mounted in parallel then in victron mppt 75/15 regulator and two 110A batteries connected in series or one if after three days of charging only indicates 22.6 V but the regulator tell me which are full can you help me find where is the load problem : Evil:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/04/15, 17:29

22.6 or 26.2?
how reliable is this measure?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 20/04/15, 17:39

According to the documentation, this regulator automatically detects the battery voltage.

Have you respected the connection procedure:
The Victron solar regulator will automatically adapt to the nominal voltage of your batteries. For this it must be connected first to the batteries, then to the solar panel.

It also says:
The PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start up.
Do the panels provide enough input voltage?
0 x
balou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by balou » 20/04/15, 18:04

yes I did connect the batteries and after solar panels the green diode lights up to tell me that the batteries are detected but the yellow diode stays in the yellow continues which indicates to me that my batteries are full. It would not come from my bridging battery with a cable too thin or switch under the regulator, I do not understand the manual to change mode thank you for your help
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/04/15, 10:08

1st thing: get an ammeter, caliber 10 A DC (I have a weakness for needle ammeters, because I have an annoying tendency to blow the fuse of my digital multimeters. I make a measurement in A, then I switch in tension, I measure the tension forgetting to change the place cards and paf : Mrgreen:
in addition, the test cables of most multimeters are too thin.

2) was there sun, at least? Are your signs well oriented?

3) When empty, your panels will give within 27 volts. A fully charged battery gives 13,8 V then drops quickly to 12,5. The optimal charge voltage for your batteries is therefore 2 X 13,8 = 27,6 and it will charge effectively up to 25 V.
Normally you will have a peak of 7 amps, then it will go down to 2-3 amps. You can consider your battery as charged when your residual current is around 3-400 milliamps or less.

Well of course, at this rate at 9 hours maximum charge per day, it takes at least 4 days to charge your batteries.

It therefore seems to me a priori that your regulator f ... the bren, a voltage difference of 5 volts being far too much. There would still be only half a volt of ddp, it would still charge.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/04/15, 10:36

Hello,
elephant wrote:When empty, your panels will give within 27 volts.
45 volts advertised http://fr.enfsolar.com/ApolloF/solar/Pr ... b41b0f.pdf
In the sun of course : Mrgreen:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 21/04/15, 11:13

At 22,6V, your batteries are empty.

What diameter and what length of cable to connect the regulator to the batteries :?:

Have you connected a consumer to the batteries :?:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/04/15, 12:35

Okay, if Izentrop is right, you have to connect an ammeter between the charger and the battery, measure the current
then between the panel and the charger.

and see the result.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 21/04/15, 13:40

elephant wrote:Okay, if Izentrop is right, you have to connect an ammeter between the charger and the battery, measure the current
then between the panel and the charger.

and see the result.
Yes.

I think the result will confirm what the little yellow diode says: the regulator thinks that the batteries are full, so there is practically no current flowing.

The question will then be: why does the regulator think that the batteries are full when they are empty.

Subsidiary question: why are new batteries empty when there is no consumer connected?

Note: this regulator is, it seems, configurable via a USB port and adequate software. The current parameters should also be checked (in particular the charging voltage).
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 21/04/15, 16:02

And again, are the batteries really empty?
Which device indicates 22.6V? is this measure good?
0 x