Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Biobomb » 17/05/21, 19:17

Did67 wrote:
(fortunately, he drinks less alcohol.

And luckily also that you have a deckchair to enjoy a little beer :D
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/05/21, 19:24

Eh yes ! Even the Alsatians are French: they like exceptions! So a small beer when it is deserved, or shared, is one of my exceptions ...
0 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 17/05/21, 19:27

Doris wrote:I had this, I have no idea what it is, I just waited until the plant was a little bigger, and I transplanted into pots, burying the "tight" end of the stem. No other anomalies after, that's all I can tell you, I don't know what it's due.

sicetaitsimple wrote:
pi-r wrote:one more question: I have a number of my young tomato plants (2 true leaves) in honeycomb plates, which wither away because they have at ground level a "tightening" of the stem with a whitish color instead of the color usual brown. who has already observed this? an explanation while in the same cell the 2 or 3 other plants are doing well ... for now?

Damping-off, I think. Cryptogamic disease, there are not only "nice" fungi!
https://www.rustica.fr/maladies-et-para ... ,4012.html

thank you both for your responsiveness and your feedback. the idea of ​​damping-off had crossed my mind .....
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/05/21, 20:28

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:But as I say they are only eaten cooked and it would take a lot to eat them a few times.
Unfortunately we have to make up our minds that in this specific case canned food is not so bad.

well I think no, I'll give you my recipe, you take the leaves, just washed, a frying pan a drizzle of olive oil, garlic is good you have a lot, in green it would still be better, you throw the leaves and you let melt, a teaspoon of crème fraîche for connoisseurs, without for the spoilers : Mrgreen: over 2m2 last year I had enough to make 4 meals for two so not a field

Is there a vegetable that you don't particularly like?

As for vegetables, I am rather broad spectrum, afterwards, the way of cooking is also important, the typical example of my half-onion half-zucchini quiche very appreciated by people who do not like the too strong taste of onions, the cooking is 'is the extension of the vegetable garden : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/05/21, 20:31

Did67 wrote:I hate cooked spinach, in green "bouillasse" ... I only eat them raw, young shoots in salad, where they are a little more substantial, a little more fleshy than lettuce ...

just fallen with a drizzle of olive oil and a little garlic, it is very far from the green bouillasse, it is to try : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 17/05/21, 20:49

Yes, or in salads when they are shoots (I love them), or barely blanched when they are ripe if you want to cook them. Seasonings of your choice.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/05/21, 21:38

Hey look, these exchanges remind me of a remark from my wife, who told me that the way of cooking should be included in the books ...
2 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/05/21, 22:58

Ah yes, she is absolutely right !!! Because it's good to have good vegetables more than organic, but if after you reduce to disgusting boiling the few efforts that a PP requires, it was not worth it!
1 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/05/21, 23:47

stephgouv wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:To see if they manage to survive until the end of the frosts (in 1 month?) And to start again?

So, does that give you a frost-free period from when to when?

In 2019 it had given June 13 / September 9
In 2020 the readings failed in the spring but in the fall the 1st frost fell on September 26
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/05/21, 23:55

Doris wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:To see if they manage to survive until the end of the frosts (in 1 month?) And to start again?

I planted sprouted potatoes at the end of January, hoping that under two feet of hay they would keep quiet, but the bitches did as they wanted. I protected them with remnants of wintering sail and tarpaulin, they held up well until the end of April, there are a few leaves which took a little frost, but not the entire stem. But it depends what you want to do, experience or not?

There if it could hold it would suit me.

But at the same time we are also in the experience
- know if you can leave potatoes in the ground at the time of regular harvests to sow: advantage no need to sow and the system is self-feeding
There the answer is undoubtedly yes
- but a yes that comes up against the weather, namely what risk if they go out too early?
Is this prohibitive and must be protected with simplified safes?
Or can we let nature take its course at the risk of frost ... as in the photos and it is only the leaves that protrude that will burrow and not the foot and it will start again correctly?

To be continued
0 x