Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by stephgouv » 17/05/21, 13:30

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:To see if they manage to survive until the end of the frosts (in 1 month?) And to start again?

So, does that give you a frost-free period from when to when?
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 17/05/21, 14:00

Didier's video for the month of May.
At the office, he drinks table water that is well known locally for its virtues ensuring good longevity. Exit therefore the worries expressed at the beginning of the video.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/05/21, 14:10

Rajqawee wrote:This year, I'm having soup on land that isn't mine, so it was an opportunity to test the "maximum" PP mode because I can only spend there every two weeks on average (when the agendas of the owner's friends of the field and ours coincide).
The context :
-I can't go there often
-no watering (the owner does not want to use drinking water, there is a small river in which I quickly dug a "hole" to be able to fill a watering can quickly)
- land never cultivated, never prepared
-unknown land

It's nice to read you again. Obviously, as an extreme gardener and at the same time looking for a house, you have to be very busy. Good luck, and good fun
1 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/05/21, 14:18

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:To see if they manage to survive until the end of the frosts (in 1 month?) And to start again?

I planted sprouted potatoes at the end of January, hoping that under two feet of hay they would keep quiet, but the bitches did as they wanted. I protected them with remnants of wintering sail and tarpaulin, they held up well until the end of April, there are a few leaves which took a little frost, but not the entire stem. But it depends what you want to do, experience or not?
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 17/05/21, 15:02

Biobombe wrote:Didier's video for the month of May.
At the office, he drinks table water that is well known locally for its virtues ensuring good longevity. Exit therefore the worries expressed at the beginning of the video.

Big trap: it's tap water. It's just a container!

[And here is a good example of the risk of the image, which speaks beyond what one wants to say; or at least "visual pollution" that we don't pay enough attention to - even if sometimes I dismiss something lying around that I think will catch the eye!]
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 17/05/21, 16:04

Did67 wrote:Big trap: it's tap water. It's just a container!

[And here is a good example of the risk of the image, which speaks beyond what one wants to say; or at least "visual pollution" that we don't pay enough attention to - even if sometimes I dismiss something lying around that I think will catch the eye!]

Suppose I am playing devil's advocate. The image reveals a sulphurous "container" (from a "green" point of view of course). But where does it come from? Appeared by spontaneous generation? Brought by the winds blowing on an open-air landfill and despite this being recycled as a "container"? Or bought by the owner of the container or his relatives, who were fed up with the hints of bleach from tap water and legitimately wanted to drink purer spring water, even from (res) extractor capitalism sources? :)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/05/21, 16:46

If you want the real truth: purchased carbonated water; we have a small reserve, especially for our guests (fortunately, less alcohol and more water are drunk - including, at the end of the meal, sparkling water) ...

And then I was thirsty. I filled this bottle that was lying around. I always have some in stock, for my "confs", where I need a bottle of water to lubricate my aging vocal cords ...
0 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 17/05/21, 17:54

one more question: I have a number of my young tomato plants (2 true leaves) in honeycomb plates, which wither away because they have at ground level a "tightening" of the stem with a whitish color instead of the color usual brown. who has already observed this? an explanation while in the same cell the 2 or 3 other plants are doing well ... for now?
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/05/21, 18:59

I had this, I have no idea what it is, I just waited until the plant was a little bigger, and I transplanted into pots, burying the "tight" end of the stem. No other anomalies after, that's all I can tell you, I don't know what it's due.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/05/21, 19:07

pi-r wrote:one more question: I have a number of my young tomato plants (2 true leaves) in honeycomb plates, which wither away because they have at ground level a "tightening" of the stem with a whitish color instead of the color usual brown. who has already observed this? an explanation while in the same cell the 2 or 3 other plants are doing well ... for now?

Damping-off, I think. Cryptogamic disease, there are not only "nice" fungi!
https://www.rustica.fr/maladies-et-para ... ,4012.html
0 x