Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Moindreffor » 16/05/21, 17:25

Did67 wrote:
Doris wrote:
I do not even dare to imagine the face of my husband, if I decorate our room with garlic crates, this solution, I do not feel it

Doesn't he fear vampires?

As a reminder
Doris, with the chili peppers, you can also like I did before, prick them on wire and make wreaths, to hang like in Espelette
and instead of garlic crate you can make braids, it's prettier : Mrgreen:

I can see your room between the braids of garlic and the crowns of peppers : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: , would miss more that you remove the mattress to replace it with a good layer of hay : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 16/05/21, 17:52

Moindreffor wrote:
Doris, with the chili peppers, you can also like I did before, prick them on wire and make crowns,

I would put that as a farting red collar on a black t-shirt ...

And the one who touches, if he goes to piss afterwards, he will remember it!
2 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/05/21, 18:29

Moindreffor wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Doris wrote:OK, so spring spinach, I can forget that, with what you described, the lengthening of the days smoother, see possible heat from February, there are very few possibilities at home.

We are somewhat in the same configuration: too cold then too hot.
If we add that we do not like them in salads but cooked and that to have a plate cooked we have to cultivate a "whole field" ...
In short, I don't think we will do it again.

It's a shame, because I think that if you sow some at the beginning of August, or even mid-August, you should have a harvest before winter, I sowed it on the fly, just after removing the hay, a times in February March and I had a good harvest even if it goes to seed, I harvested the leaves on feet mounted to 50 cm, I had to reseed some this year, I bought the package, then I tidy up so well that I only found it last week : Mrgreen: , but I see that it's winter giant so it will be for this end of summer : Mrgreen:

spinach is so easy that you can try it, for Adrien I will test this, after the potatoes when there is only a little hay left, enough to protect the potatoes from greening, but a layer not too thick, I well throw a sachet of spinach, and once the harvest is finished, re-hay so that the potatoes pass the winter, because if you do like me potatoes in a super layer of hay, you will be left with a sufficiently thick layer of rotten hay above the tubers and in this layer the spinach should be very happy

Unfortunately not because the surface of the potatoes should, in theory, remain as it is since the seeds for next year are already in place within the current harvest ... I know it's a bit complicated.

So find them a new location?
But as I say they are only eaten cooked and it would take a lot to eat them a few times.
Unfortunately we have to make up our minds that in this specific case canned food is not so bad.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 16/05/21, 18:59

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:
Doris wrote:
I do not even dare to imagine the face of my husband, if I decorate our room with garlic crates, this solution, I do not feel it

Doesn't he fear vampires?

As a reminder
Doris, with the chili peppers, you can also like I did before, prick them on wire and make wreaths, to hang like in Espelette
and instead of garlic crate you can make braids, it's prettier : Mrgreen:

I can see your room between the braids of garlic and the crowns of peppers : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: , would miss more that you remove the mattress to replace it with a good layer of hay : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

I find you very inspired today : Cheesy: . Indeed, seen like that, it can have its small effect, only downside: for the moment I draw my hay from a recovered stock, and which has been outside for a long time under the fleet, and which already mineralizes a little, so to replace the mattress , maybe it's a little less "fun", isn't it?

Did67 wrote:I would put that as a farting red collar on a black t-shirt ...

And the one who touches, if he goes to piss afterwards, he will remember it!

That's for sure, because for the little anecdote: I have a husband who doesn't always believe when I say something to him, and a few years ago, he was cooking with cayenne pepper from the garden, and I Told him good, good, wash his hands well, but hey, always chatting, and they just rinsed them off under the tap. I can guarantee you that from the squeeze bottle shortly after, he still remembers it, but really.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 16/05/21, 19:25

Did67 wrote:The spinach kept, despite the selection to make them pass this defect, a great sensitivity to the lengthening of the days.

It's a bit like sorrel too, which, at home, already blossoms ..... Spinach keeps its old reflexes. Even if the heat adds a layer. Like the lack of fertility. Or water stress. Which are other factors that switch from pure growth to stem / flower development.

- here (much further south than you) the sorrel does not rise yet .... I even offered a full load of it to friends I am very happy! the spinach and lamb's lettuce which were next to it were a magnificent failure this winter.
- I come back to the vernalization and the seedling conditions: I sowed rocket cells in early spring which emerged very well. the planting was very successful but then took snow and frost after a period of good weather. I did not worry the plants remained very green ... normal! but now that the T ° are much more lenient they began to bloom .... I think they thought they were in 2nd year ...
- my neighbor's brother just gave me some "spaghetti" bean seeds? who knows thank you for enlightening me with your lights on its culture
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/05/21, 19:34

pi-r wrote:
- here (much further south than you) the sorrel does not rise yet .... I even offered a full load of it to friends I am very happy! the spinach and lamb's lettuce which were next to it were a magnificent failure this winter.

That's the catch: the further south you go, the shorter the length of the day !!!! It is a box in my second book, because a terrible trap ...

In winter, the days are much longer in Perpignan than in Lille. And in summer, it's the other way around !!! In Perpignan, the days are getting longer much less quickly. And beyond the Arctic Circle, we go from one extreme to the other: night 24 hours a day to day 24 hours a day !!!

So "photosensitive" vegetables are much more of a puzzle in the north. I gave up making fennels for example. They have not finished their growth they are going up!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/05/21, 19:37

pi-r wrote:
- I come back to the vernalization and the seedling conditions: I sowed rocket cells in early spring which emerged very well. the planting was very successful but then took snow and frost after a period of good weather. I did not worry the plants remained very green ... normal! but now that the T ° are much more lenient they began to bloom .... I think they thought they were in 2nd year ...

No no, it's an annual. Vernalization, I think I said, concerns biennials ...

There are vegetables, once they grow well, they will bloom. Without vernalization. Radish, arugula, beans, peas, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, etc ... And also all the annual flowers; cosmos, marigolds, marigold ...

So there, you always have to sow a little, harvest / sow / harvest / sow / harvest ... Each time a little!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/05/21, 19:42

pi-r wrote:- my neighbor's brother just gave me some "spaghetti" bean seeds? who knows thank you for enlightening me with your lights on its culture

This is not the usual species of beans, but a variety of Dolique, called kilometer bean or spaghetti bean ...

Cowpeas are the "beans" of Africa ...

So maybe, in the case of warming, a good pickaxe ????

In any case, heat is necessary.

It seems to me that he is very talkative, so he must be tutored ... But there may be different varieties.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/05/21, 20:08

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
But as I say they are only eaten cooked and it would take a lot to eat them a few times.
Unfortunately we have to make up our minds that in this specific case canned food is not so bad.

Don't you want to change your username again? : Lol:

popeye1.jpg
popeye1.jpg (10.27 KiB) Viewed 712 times
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/05/21, 20:43

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:But as I say they are only eaten cooked and it would take a lot to eat them a few times.

well I think no, I'll give you my recipe, you take the leaves, just washed, a frying pan a drizzle of olive oil, garlic is good you have a lot, in green it would still be better, you throw the leaves and you let melt, a teaspoon of crème fraîche for connoisseurs, without for the spoilers : Mrgreen: over 2m2 last year I had enough to make 4 meals for two so not a field
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)