Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by stephgouv » 25/11/20, 12:57

Thank you both for taking the time to respond to this "delicate" topic.

I think when great leaders stop seeing their profit first, that day will be the day of change!

I don't care, I have become a "free gardener".
The more I sow, the more it makes me want to sow.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/11/20, 14:28

stephgouv wrote:Thank you both for taking the time to respond to this "delicate" topic.

I think when great leaders stop seeing their profit first, that day will be the day of change!

I don't care, I have become a "free gardener".
The more I sow, the more it makes me want to sow.

I think social networks deceive a lot of people
1) it allows anyone to say anything, hence avalanches of bullshit
2) it makes people believe that they can influence the powerful, what a beautiful illusion, if supermarkets go organic, it is because they profit more than on conventional, not because they are discovered green fiber

and so many people think they can change the world or by warning, think that anything can come from above, much like we cry out to the heavens

while you should get back into the habit of relying on yourself and your small community of friends as before and do first with what you have

the vegetable garden before it was not a relaxation but a necessity, and a lot of social bond, many people complain about the price of vegetables or fruits and mow 500m2 turf

so when we come back to earth we can only feel a certain satisfaction and for me to feel in my place, I think if my financial situation were to deteriorate, I will not go to protest, but I would sell my house, to buy a smaller one with a larger plot, with access to water if possible and in a region with a better climate, and I will embark on small livestock, and planting a substantial orchard, small fruit trees for now and trees for years to come.
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 25/11/20, 15:20

stephgouv wrote:It's not easy to change mentalities about composting ...

I just took a look at André's channel.

In fact, the receptivity of my "radical realism" is excellent. I haven't read everything yet, but lots of compliments.
0 x
Yool
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Yool » 25/11/20, 17:19

Not yet watched but

Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (27.15 Kio) Accessed 1252 times

I have the impression that this remark often comes up :)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/11/20, 17:55

Alas.

I expressed it on the Covid wire, I have nothing but contempt for Raoult's agitations.

We have gray hair and a common first name. Except for the length of the hair, I had nothing to do with it.

Our way of expressing ourselves, a little peremptory, I am also willing to admit. Even if it pisses me off - to be so peremptory and to have to assume it. The reality is that I am trying to shake a coconut tree. That of "conventional organic": copper sulphate, natural insecticides, natural fertilizers, tillage ... We can do better. And I think individuals SHOULD do better (at the risk of sometimes missing this or that, but doing it for biodiversity). For professionals, I am much more nuanced. I admit that they cannot take the risks that I take.

Basically, I agree with Professor Roche, former "colleague" of Raoult. Retired. And who wrote him this, in an open letter:

“I must say that since the month of January, all your statements have, unfortunately for you and for all of us, turned out to be false: -The three Chinese patients who should not worry us… - It will be a flu. - The comparison with scooter accidents that would kill more… - The risk of a second wave is a fantasy. - There will be no more cases from August. - Hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin solved the problem, the game is over. - It is not necessary, and even it is not ethical to carry out comparative clinical trials to validate your intuition of effectiveness and good tolerance of the treatment that you have proposed, which has nevertheless proved to be notoriously ineffective . "

Hope not to be that bad !!! I really hope...

So yes, these remarks annoy me enormously.

But that being said, 95% of the comments are favorable. I am very surprised. While André's audience is used to much simpler and much more "classic" things.
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 25/11/20, 18:46

Didier, that doesn't surprise me!
People want change.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/11/20, 21:27

Did67 wrote:But that being said, 95% of the comments are favorable. I am very surprised. While André's audience is used to much simpler and much more "classic" things.

people may have had enough of being infantilized, I'm not saying that André does it, but during this period we took people so much for idiots that now they want the "real" only those who are express give meaning to their subject and not just visual

we see it with Rustica who begins to show less clean images, we dare to show household waste in close-up and we touch them with our hands : Mrgreen: we are starting to get into the "real" Didier being more radical, he has long since moved up a gear
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/11/20, 00:15

Did67 wrote:
stephgouv wrote:It's not easy to change mentalities about composting ...

I just took a look at André's channel.

In fact, the receptivity of my "radical realism" is excellent. I haven't read everything yet, but lots of compliments.

I watched the video, it's okay you're not too provocative ...
On the contrary, the explanations should convince
It remains to be seen whether gardeners are ready to take the step of surface composting, if only for aesthetic reasons.
Too bad because it is efficient and lazy at the same time so productivity at the top
If we didn't have the chickens, that's what we would do but ... it's the gallines that inherit all the waste

Here a few weeks ago I had a "cover accident" in a safe
I shot a video at the time
In 2 days worse than Agent Orange
I put it down to a nitrogen overdose following a hen litter error (put fresh instead of old)
But I'm not at all sure of my diagnosis
As soon as I have 5mn I put it in not listed on the forum for an informed diagnosis
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/11/20, 09:45

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
I watched the video, it's okay you're not too provocative ...
On the contrary, the explanations should convince
It remains to be seen whether gardeners are ready to take the step of surface composting, if only for aesthetic reasons.
Too bad because it is efficient and lazy at the same time so productivity at the top
If we didn't have the chickens, that's what we would do but ... it's the gallines that inherit all the waste

I think we get used to it - me, the first. In "video" I "play a role ... I" shake the coconut tree "- this is what I consider most urgent: shake up false certainties. When I don't have enough time, it can break the coconut tree!

In conference, I know I have 2 hours (that's right - I speed), or 3 hours (and there I can unroll and winnow). It's another fashion ...

There, I thought that I had been too brittle for the public of André, used to "simple" things, more of the order of the recipe, linear bine in 6 or 10 points. It's André's "journalistic" style. There, in the video, I dragged him too far; I cut it several times; I explain at length in scientific words - so I was afraid of rejection. There are quite a few. But much much less than I thought.

That reassures me a lot, moreover.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/11/20, 09:48

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
following a chicken litter error (put fresh instead of old)

Litter or droppings ????

Chicken droppings are anything but "manure". The hens are "all in one" and their droppings are very concentrated and very nitrogenous. So yes, by swinging without measure, it quickly becomes toxic. The droppings are used like granules (like Ferramol) !!!

If it's mixed (sawdust, straw, etc.), just "calculate in your head" how many "granules" you put ...
0 x