Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by VetusLignum » 06/04/20, 10:36

More than 3 hours on earthworms
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 06/04/20, 17:00

A little hello from the Landes spring:

IMG_20200406_164240.jpg
1 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/04/20, 17:33

I don't even know if mine came out of the ground, to tell you : Evil:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 06/04/20, 18:13

Moindreffor wrote:I don't even know if mine came out of the ground, to tell you : Evil:

Well. I know that we have a great climate in Corsica for Solanaceae, etc ... but still I wasn't expecting it: this afternoon I went to weed the edge of the plots (with a chisel, it's going very well !). At one point, I say to myself "hey. What is this plant?"

Well it was a tomato plant about twenty cm high! which sprouted from a seed the bugger. Like what, it works even without us;) I obviously kept it, I absolutely want to recover the seeds of this "survivor"!
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 06/04/20, 18:33

Moindreffor: do not worry, you will enjoy it just a little later in the year, me at this rate on May 1st I will have more.

For the "surviving" tomato in Corsica, yes, there are years where we have surprises like that, I have not yet gone to see but in a corner of the field I have a place of dead leaves, peelings etc., traditionally I plant my surplus tomato plant in there, which I let live their lives. As I do not intervene, except to water once every 10 days, there are tomatoes that are lost, because I have not seen them, and in general with a mild winter I have good spontaneous emergence. Normally this year I should have some (maybe I already have some?)

I do not know anymore, I think it was on this thread that Didier recommended the videos of Hervé Coves on the management of slugs? Today I started, exciting, really.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 06/04/20, 18:39

Doris wrote:Moindreffor: do not worry, you will enjoy it just a little later in the year, me at this rate on May 1st I will have more.

For the "surviving" tomato in Corsica, yes, there are years where we have surprises like that, I have not yet gone to see but in a corner of the field I have a place of dead leaves, peelings etc., traditionally I plant my surplus tomato plant in there, which I let live their lives. As I do not intervene, except to water once every 10 days, there are tomatoes that are lost, because I have not seen them, and in general with a mild winter I have good spontaneous emergence. Normally this year I should have some (maybe I already have some?)

I do not know anymore, I think it was on this thread that Didier recommended the videos of Hervé Coves on the management of slugs? Today I started, exciting, really.

That said, when you think about it, a neighbor even has a sprig of peppers that survived all winter, so we really had a mild winter.

Regarding slugs, I have 0 problem here. Question of climate? Or the lizards are doing the job. I have a few snails that live their lives without bothering me.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 06/04/20, 19:07

This year I was overrun, it's not like that every year. But a very mild winter, but too cool for predators, and it is the carnage. At the place of the vegetable garden I intervened a little, to control. Now it's stabilizing, and the predators are coming back too. But the videos of Hervé Coves are very interesting, because he explains the slugs as part of a system, and it is this approach of a global system, which is good. In any case I understood a lot about their digestive and life cycle, even without having big problems, it's worth watching.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 07/04/20, 00:49

Moindreffor wrote:
Doris wrote:The inequality remains, in garden centers you can only buy vegetable plants, if people need potting soil, small tools, amendments etc., you still have to go to the big box.

don't be paranoid either, the controls, the cop checks your authorization, he doesn't search either, he doesn't open the safes, I know if I could go to the green range (which never closed because it sold animal food), I would not be controlled in campaign little luck, and then some flowers are eaten : Mrgreen:

yesterday check, the guys were trying to hit 3 or 4 including children in the car with lots of visible luggage, no, no we do not go on vacation :(

It's Gammvert who REFUSES to sell you anything other than animal food.
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 07/04/20, 00:53

VetusLignum wrote:More than 3 hours on earthworms

Stop they put new videos online every day and as I drive less I don't have time to watch them ....

Strongly that travel resumes and that I can make up for my delay which becomes KOLOSSAL :!: :!: :!: : Evil:
0 x
Yool
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Yool » 07/04/20, 10:26

Hi everybody,

small question that I ask myself about growing potatoes directly under hay, posed on grass. This is the 1st year that I have experienced this. Since it has not been raining in the north for 1 month now (a few drops yesterday) and good weather is still forecast, do you think you should water the hay pile? Does hay cultivation not require more water than conventional cultivation? How does the potato capture water if it is not deep? Do you have feedback?
0 x