social cost of cigarettes: € 13 the package ... and oil?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/15, 12:45

For the picole it's even worse I think : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

What can we say about all this? It is just impossible to estimate certain things precisely ... but it is good to have orders of magnitude in mind!

It's a bit like estimating human life, impossible, even if the insurance companies know how to do it!

Or the security hole, which does not take into account the taxes and levies on drug manufacturers, pharmacies ... in short, all "indirect" income from health ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/04/15, 15:52

Maximus Leo said:

At the office, I saw smokers drive up to 12 km AR each day. Make the count ...

On the other hand, they do their weekly shopping all at once ... you have to look for this behavior in psychology, a kind of guilt, the hope of not going to get it the next day, the illusion of spending less ? Buying a folder would make them realize the stupidity of their behavior.

I made the estimate only on taxes

Conversely, I have ex-smoking friends who put the equivalent of a packet per day in a piggy bank, each (Mr and Mrs). They are having a great vacation :D

Basically, what is the price of the package in France?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 13/04/15, 17:40

Christophe wrote:For the picole it's even worse I think : Cheesy: : Cheesy: ...

: Cheesy: The worst is tobacco + the drink : Cheesy: . Reduced life expectancy from 20 to 30 years. A shortened and "overtaxed" life : Shock: .

Sometimes it's a form of suicide.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 13/04/15, 18:05

elephant wrote:... On the other hand, they do their weekly shopping all at once ... you have to look for this behavior in psychology, a kind of guilt, the hope of not going to look for it the next day, the illusion to spend less? Buying a folder would make them realize the stupidity of their behavior ...

In business, we use the company vehicle to pick up cigarettes for miles, the business pays. In total, it must represent millions of km per year.

And there is the cigarette trade with Spain. Smugglers cross the Pyrenees with a backpack full of cartridges. One of them was chased by customs officials a few years ago. He got lost in the night and the snow. The next day we found him dead from the cold. : Cheesy: : Shock:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/04/15, 18:28

Maximus Leo:

Reduced life expectancy from 20 to 30 years. A life shortened and "overtaxed

This is what I am explaining: the ideal citizen smokes and drinks and dies at 65!

The plague either of these deg ... who go on foot or by bicycle, drink tap water, are not chilly, do not smoke and take advantage of their pension until 84 years! It's pure incivism, fical escape! : Evil:

And indeed, we can wonder about the honesty of the people who use the company car to go get fries or cigarettes, but, in Belgium, we consider that it costs much less than paying them more, that is part of their salary.

A worker who has his cigarettes and takes his sandwiches and his drink saves 4 to 800 euros / year (net!) And saves a lot of money for his boss.

But we are leaving the debate.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 13/04/15, 18:40

elephant wrote:
Conversely, I have ex-smoking friends who put the equivalent of a packet per day in a piggy bank, each (Mr and Mrs). It pays a very nice vacation: D

A colleague and friend, who after a cardiac alert, treatment, placement of stents finally decided to stop. And seems to be getting there for now.

He calculated that he would save 1 euros per year.

I spent a week in Tenerife for 600 euros, excluding "all inclusive circuits" which I do not like, sharing a hotel room, rental car with a friend ...

Sacred addiction. To smack such money.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 14/04/15, 18:38

elephant wrote:... This is what I explain: the ideal citizen smokes and drinks and dies at 65! ..
It should be added that the ideal citizen drinks, smokes, and get the flu shot ! : Lol:

+ 8000 dead this winter. Of course, none of the deceased has complained! : Lol: In addition, vaccination is free. : Cheesy: (free for over 65s! it's shady, anyway ... right?).
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 14/04/15, 18:52

Did67 wrote: ... A colleague and friend, who after a cardiac alert, treatment, placement of stents finally decided to stop. And seems to be getting there for now ....

It is very difficult for some.

I used to smoke a long time ago. I stopped very suddenly since I never finished the cigarette I started : Lol: I crushed it, also crushed the package I had just bought and I threw it all in the trash bin with the ashtray. I stopped instantly and permanently.

Smoking is a pleasure, but the pleasure of being rid of this filth is infinitely greater.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/04/15, 10:41

Maximus Leo: you're even meaner than me! : Mrgreen:

Do you have a reliable source?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 15/04/15, 23:34

elephant wrote:Maximus Leo: you're even meaner than me! : Mrgreen:

Do you have a reliable source?

About what ? flu vaccine?

Just do a Google search for "flu" "vaccine" "excess mortality".

Not only was the vaccine useless but it caused excess mortality in the vaccinated elderly.

A few seconds to find comments like:

"Completely agree with the previous comments, it is unfortunate to note that, but qd someone leaves this world, it does not cost anything, on the contrary, it reports, to undertakers, to notaries therefore to the largely state etc, and it is crossed out from the number of retirees or workers, then! "

"On the other hand, the higher mortality will reduce the retirement funds which will not complain and will free up places in retirement homes. So everything is not all white or all black as usual. "

Etc ... : Lol:

Simone de Beauvoir in "Old age" (1970) said that she saw, in "certain establishments", old people who we wanted to get rid of in front of the windows open in the middle of winter, just to get them some fresh air. And they got a good pneumonia. : Cheesy:
0 x