Circuit diagram wood heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 25/01/15, 22:20

Thanks dirk pitt for your new answer.

I confess I do not see what would bring the inversion input / output ... For me the entry is opposed to the exit; I see a totally symmetrical situation ... Excuse me if I'm not your idea ...

So what did I want to do with my V3V? very easy to say:
- ensure the hottest water to the DHW tank since the boiler is intended for intermittent operation (logs burned in good ecological and calorific conditions). Surplus heat stored in the buffer.

Sometimes the water boiler side may be 20 ° C, right? and that of the BT 70 ° C ... so there should reverse the entries .... but maybe my idea is absurd ...

Thank you
0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 25/01/15, 23:26

I take the keyboard again to say that the V3V mounted as the diagram could "work" according to the 2 possible cases:

A): When the boiler water is at a temperature lower than that of the buffer tank it does not rise ... (setpoint of ... 70 ° C? Given by the BT aquastat)
B): When water - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - she is coming up ;
the disadvantage in this case is that the outlet to the DHW tank is closed (and that the radiators must also wait for the valve to rock)!

What do you think of this idea?

Tomorrow I already check the internal re-assembly of this valve ... (which is perhaps the first cause of concern)
0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 26/01/15, 12:51

Hello
I opened the valve.
It was "well" fitted, that is to say as described above: closing boiler inlet or DHW outlet ...

In fact it would actually have the boiler inlet and the BT (which is at the same time an arrival and departure) neighbors so as to close one or the other, right?

So modify the schema!
0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 26/01/15, 13:08

Without modifying the diagram (and the circuit) maybe modify the V3V:

Very simply it is possible to change the V3V by adding an electrical contact to close the departure to the BT is not very Catholic (but hey I'm atheist ... lol) but it should work less work! thus when the water of the BT is insufficiently hot, the DHW is heated from the boiler ...
0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 27/01/15, 12:15

Hello and reset the post ...
I allow myself to clearly take my problem by forgetting my galley around the V3V ECS ...

Here is my schema lightened (more readable I hope ...) and I ask the question: is there any error especially around the V3V controlling the heating ECS?

Thank you for your comments?

0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 27/01/15, 12:41

rather this scheme without V3V but with circulator ...

0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 27/01/15, 14:15

Ah, it's clearer.
at the bifurcation ECS or heating: very well, a simple tee advantageously replaces a V3V. if the circulator is running, we have DHW, if it does not run, we do not have it. and if you want to give priority DHW, you cut the heating circulator.
what is the yellow square just after the bifurc?

side mixing valve radiator, hydraulically, it's OK, but I do not understand why it is electrically connected to what I take for a temperature sensor on the return pipe ???
a mixing valve of the radiator circuit makes the right starting temperature to compensate for the losses of the house. at worst it is set by hand depending on the weather outside hoping that the thermostatic radiators will do the rest, at best, we put an external probe that acts on the valve.

the last point not clear is your preheating circuit. the pump is in the right place but what drives the valve? is it mounted in a mixer or distribution, how is the circulator controlled and that pilot boiler output aquastat.
0 x
Click my signature
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 27/01/15, 16:54

Thank you dirk pitt for your encouragement

On the ECS side the yellow square would be an aquastat that would open the circuit to the DHW tank only at 50 ° C (for example)

The radiator side: it is also a "probe", "aquastat", which would allow the quantity of hot water to be sent to the circuit to be measured; it would be better to replace this "probe" by an external thermostat ...?

Around the boiler: the yellow square is an aquastat that should drive the circulator as long as the outlet temperature is not at 65 ° C (boiler logs).
Currently the valve is manual ... (someone told me that was enough). It takes the water to start recycling but I planned to delete it and rely only on the circulator and probe (the manual maneuver is tedious)
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/01/15, 19:30

I have the impression that Dirk Pitt did not insist enough.
The boiler return protection valve should be thermostatic. Using an all-or-nothing valve sends packets of water, sometimes hot, sometimes cold.
In addition to what you believe, it is not expensive, and especially cheaper than a motorized valve. For example, an esbe vtc500 is less than 100 €.
I doubt that a quality motorized 3 channel is at this price.

An ESBE vtc500 60 ° begins to open at 60 °, mixes 2 inputs to provide water typically at 63 ° su 50% of range and is fully open at 70 °. This without engine, probe and other clutter. she is not beautiful life?
0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 29/01/15, 01:40

Bonsoir
Thank you Philippe for these very judicious details. I was aware of this problem of "cold water packs" that's why I had mounted a manual valve but in use (2 days only! Lol) it turns out very impractical! and therefore I will inquire about your valve: ESBE vtc 500.
Now I think when the C1 circulator is needed for the whole network ...

But I want to go back on the diagram because precisely the 2 days of tests are not satisfactory! BT heating is very difficult, and it seems that there are mixtures of hot and cold water ... After discussions here is a new scheme (which requires me to significant changes. do you think?

0 x