19 measures against CRISIS !!!

philosophical debates and companies.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/04/14, 18:30

The n ° 1 solution against the "crisis" is carefully evaded from the discourse: namely economic decline.
Without this essential basis, any measure, however effective it may prove to be ineffective ...

elephant wrote:

We are not in crisis, but squarely in CHANGE OF STRUCTURE.

We are more exactly in a transition phase (economic hysteresis) which will last until a large-scale crash strikes us ... 2008 being only a pre-shock before the big one!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/04/14, 21:15

In an earlier period, what are called "welfare state policies" were imposed by the left, to the chagrin of the right, which was however objectively the main beneficiary.

From the 80s, the right-wing forces take back "the hair of the beast" and obtain substantial advantages in terms of taxation, which widens public deficits, at the same time, profits decline, which goes in the same meaning ...

The old recipes, as long as they have never had the slightest validity, are downright anachronistic vis-à-vis the completely new character of this transition, impossible to analyze in a classic way.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/04/14, 22:16

sen-no-sen wrote:The n ° 1 solution against the "crisis" is carefully evaded from the discourse: namely economic decline.
Without this essential basis, any measure, however effective it may prove to be ineffective ...

growth or decline? to navigate it is not enough to accelerate or slow down, you must above all know where to go!

decay is a big scary word! above all, we must do with the means we have

It makes me think of the Chinese who were doing great work with a lot of man and little equipment ... with us we have unemployed men and we continue to do everything with expensive equipment that we buy from the Chinese (who must have a good laugh!)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/04/14, 08:38

Hello
unemployment is in itself a "human" decrease in favor of the machine, more and better productive. The mechanization of tasks was intended to relieve men of arduous, dangerous or unhealthy work with the aim of "having their toes in clumps of violets". It was putting our finger in a gear whose long-term effects we see.
Can we get out? Obviously, unless there is a catastrophic constraint.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 06/04/14, 12:05

chatelot16 wrote:growth or decline? to navigate it is not enough to accelerate or slow down, you must above all know where to go!

To avoid crashing on a winding road it is essential to reduce its speed!
Regarding the direction we can object the same thing: when hiking for example, you have to stop to take stock and know if it is possible to take this or that path, or to fall back on the last refuge ...

The "croissantist" model so ardently defended by all our politicians does not hold the road, it is a fact demonstrated for more than 40 years now by the researchers of the MIT ...

decay is a big scary word! above all, we must do with the means we have

The fear of degrowth was established by the single thought:"without growth, no salvation!.
There is no question of going back to living at the age of the caves, but on the contrary of reinventing a way of life guaranteeing our sustainability, nuance!
This is THE challenge of this century!

It makes me think of the Chinese who were doing great work with a lot of man and little equipment ... with us we have men in unemployment and we continue to do everything with expensive equipment that we buy from the Chinese

It is precisely a consequence of the exponentialist system!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/04/14, 12:27

Ahmed wrote:In an earlier period, what are called "welfare state policies" were imposed by the left, to the chagrin of the right, which was however objectively the main beneficiary.

I do not see how the right has benefited so much. Unless your right comes down to the very big fish
Ahmed wrote:From the 80s, the right-wing forces take back "the hair of the beast" and obtain substantial advantages in terms of taxation, which widens public deficits, at the same time, profits decline, which goes in the same meaning ....
Again, that didn't strike me. I rather have the feeling that taxes have only increased, and that the policies pursued have always been on the left, only their name having changed
Ahmed wrote:The old recipes, as long as they have never had the slightest validity, are downright anachronistic vis-à-vis the completely new character of this transition, impossible to analyze in a classic way.

In my opinion, a true right-wing policy would be, for example, to say to companies: "entrust us with your declarations of all kinds, we take care of them for free". That way they could complicate them and change them all the way without discouraging entrepreneurs.

The end of growth would imply going out of materialism, which would imply a massive reintroduction of spirituality (not in the sense of humor, though : Wink:, but in the sense of the culture of things of the mind)
For now we are going exactly in the opposite direction ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/04/14, 12:05

I answer you late, my computer playing tricks on me ...

I do not see how the right has benefited so much. Unless your right comes down to the very big fish

By increasing purchasing power, which has benefited all major players in the economy, in accordance with Keynesian theories.
Obviously, it was the "bigger fish" that got most of this advantage.

Regarding taxes, what you say is true applying to the middle classes, not to the most fortunate who have many means of escaping these taxes (resume, if you have the patience, the whole of the evolution of tax texts of the time; good luck!).

You say :
The end of growth would imply going out of materialism, which would imply a massive reintroduction of spirituality
What about the death penalty?

It does not matter, basically, these little details about which it is possible to chat endlessly and quite vainly.
The important thing is to understand that the propaganda on the ultra-liberal austerity measures for which you are the spokesperson are totally inept; they have only one reason to exist: in the very short term, they are those which allow to maintain the advantages acquired from the oligarchy. It is therefore important that this message be relayed by the media-money to those who believe or hope to be part of it one day!
Ultimately, this policy will be catastrophic for everyone, but we are living in the short term and imagination is not on the agenda ...
Of course, the reverse policy would be powerless to restore a previous situation that seemed to satisfy many: times have changed.
China, which arouses envy or jealousy, is slowly sinking into its contradictions. The capital gains that no longer take place in Europe manage to survive there because of extreme poverty and the creation of fictitious-real value * comes at the expense of the real wealth of air, water **, raw materials, bio-diversity ... (not to mention human problems!).
Here in Europe, it is only a question of appropriating the old distribution rents of the middle class ***, predation also in the very short term ...

* The value is fictitious since conventional, it only measures the state of social relations; it is also real, in the sense that it measures them, not fictitiously, but in a binding way.
** There are 22000 rivers that have disappeared since the start of industrialization in China, even if this figure suffers from some approximations, the cause is the drying up of aquifers by pumping (extractivism!).
*** Everyone is trying to arrange a new distribution in their favor of a residual, inertial value, which is no longer renewed.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 12/04/14, 18:59

It's weird, from "The important thing is to understand ..." I don't understand anything anymore! : Cheesy:
You are sailing in spheres too high for my poor brain.

That said, austerity seems to have positive overall effects in Greece, Spain and Portugal
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/04/14, 20:13

The usual propaganda is certainly easier to understand, it is also its only merit ...
For Greece, etc, ask the Greeks ... (and see line above)
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 13/04/14, 10:36

the Greeks repay what they borrowed and spent, and not even everything. How this cash was used is another story. Your answer suggests that we should forget their debt?
A total default with cessation of the use of credit (who would still lend?) Would have made the return to poverty much deeper and brutal. There we could have asked the Greeks what they think!

Perfect preservation of nature is not what most people want. they want a compromise that maximizes their living comfort.
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"