Textile silo Okofen new torn after 2th filling

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
max 01
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by max 01 » 02/03/14, 18:28

Thank you Did67 for your analysis.

I'm going to check the humidity.

The pellets I use are certified Din +, however as soon as I can I will try your handling with pellets in bags.

Do you know if there are indications of T ° like those that you indicate to me at Okofen?

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Regarding the silo:

It is a 9T flexilo compact silo that I loaded a 1st time at 4T5 then as I consumed a lot, while there was only 1T I made a new supply of 4T5, the silo was therefore loaded at 5T5 .
I noticed a few days after that the silo was distended in parallel with the reinforcement seam at the top of the textile opposite to the filling with breaks of several vertical threads and only distended at the front towards the zipper.

The installer came with the regional representation (I think ... it was the Okofen technician who started up).

This technician noticed and told me that he was reporting the problem.

I re-contacted him by telephone, he had not received a response from Austria ...
As I want to fill up at 9T at the end of the heating season (mid-April) I asked him that the change of textile should be done during this period.
Considering the excessive consumption that I have, I would like to "take advantage" of the best prices in supply during this period.

I should have his answer around mid-March.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/03/14, 19:21

max 01 wrote:
Do you know if there are indications of T ° like those that you indicate to me at Okofen?

You mean on the boilers of other brands ????

To my knowledge no, the thermal probes that plunge into the hearth are not a generalized equipment. But I am far from knowing all the boilers in the smallest detail!

This is linked to the combustion management software adopted by Okofen, without a lambda probe but with a hearth temperature probe.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/03/14, 19:24

max 01 wrote:
I re-contacted him by telephone, he had not received a response from Austria ...
As I want to fill up at 9T at the end of the heating season (mid-April) I asked him that the change of textile should be done during this period.
Considering the excessive consumption that I have, I would like to "take advantage" of the best prices in supply during this period.

I should have his answer around mid-March.

1) A bit odd that an answer from Austria is needed. Okofen France must guarantee compliance.

2) Don't rush too much. The lowest prices are usually around May!
0 x
max 01
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by max 01 » 06/03/14, 11:56

Before incriminating the pellets, I will check their humidity level because I unfortunately have very big doubts on the quality of the commissioning of the boiler when I see that the minimum set temperature of the boiler was programmed to 70 °.

I just checked the humidity level according to your method, it is 8%!

As the pellets are Din +, I doubt that they are the ones that cause poor combustion.

The Okofen technician is coming next week with a briefcase to analyze the combustion.
0 x