Yet the wind! electric motor bike generator

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Yet the wind! electric motor bike generator

by Grelinette » 27/11/13, 10:29

A local company specialized in VAE (the one that provided me with the wheel-motors and controllers of the hybrid carriage) just gave me 5 old frames of VAE with wheel-motors in 24 V DC.
(It misses either the controller or the battery or the beam has been removed, the rest is good).

I tested the wheel motors that worked well and asked them if these wheel motors could be used as a wind turbine generator. In fact, they confirmed to me that they had more and more orders for powerful EAV wheel motors for wind turbine projects and told me about a project for students to design a wind turbine. vertical, project for which they provided the most powerful motor-wheel of their catalog.

This student project received an innovation award considering the exceptional performance of the wind turbine built ...
(I can ask more info if it interests someone).

I take this opportunity to submit the project for a new wind turbine that I am trying to tinker.
Nothing very new under the wind, but I had already made small wind turbines (3 and 5 pale) which turned very well but did not hold the shock in very heavy wind because the speed of rotation of the rotor which became so important that the pale ones were falling apart!

In short, to regulate the speed of rotation of the blades I made a very simple little system with a small tension spring (from a bed base) so that the centrifugal force mechanically and automatically changes the incidence of the blades.
I will already test this system on a small plastic wind turbine.

If the results of the small wind turbine are conclusive, I will go to bigger with this pale 5 rotor (it's a foot of office stool).
Image Image

I have already cut the blades in pvc tupe taking care that the angle at the end of the pale is almost 90 ° with respect to the axis of the wind.

It gives that :

Can you advise me on the initial angle of the base of the blades with respect to the axis of the wind and which are half round?

Small subsidiary questions: if the motor-wheel of VAE is efficient for a small wind turbine, do you think that a wind turbine system (mast + rotor with blades with fixing system on a frame of VAE) is possible?
In camping, if you take his pedelec, it would be interesting to use it at night as a generator (without any disassembly) to have power and recharge batteries.

Can we easily use the connection of a VAE to recharge external batteries without adding electronic components? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 27/11/13, 10:43

Just for fun, but it's interesting:
http://blogautomobile.fr/voiture-eolien ... z2lpzQviiP
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 27/11/13, 11:05

Hello !
I would rather have seen this:
smoothed well on the grinder;

if not looked here (code 18573-22):
http://mon.danstagueule.fr.free.fr/NRJr ... 573-22.pdf
0 x
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by swallowtail » 05/12/13, 23:17

hi grelinette

the most stable results with "hollow" profiles seem to be 4 ° wedging at the end of the blade.

for simplicity :
but the more you increase the angle of attack at the end of the blade, the more you will increase the lift, and thus your starting torque, and your rotor will start with a weaker wind, but, on the other hand, the more its maximum speed of rotation will be weaker.

The more you increase the number of blades, the more the overall lift increases, and therefore the torque of the rotor too, but the more its speed of rotation decreases, (at given wind speed given.)

P = C x V (power = torque x speed)

P is given by the surface of the rotor disk (S = pi x r2)
it is therefore determined by the diameter of the rotor, or the span of your blades, and not by the number of blades, which determines only the torque of the rotor.

swallowtail

here is
0 x
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by swallowtail » 05/12/13, 23:31

re Goodnight
joubliai, your regulated "variable pitch" system is simple and clever !!
but beware, your 3 blades are mechanically independent, so you need 3 springs strictly identical, otherwise you will have an unequal setting on 3 blades rotating, and therefore, different incidences, causing significant vibration, see destructive ......

therefore springs to calibrate, and mass and center of gravity of identical blades (or moment M blades identical)

Or you have to make 3 blades, by bielettes, and have only one central spring. But the ca is complicated !!!
to be continued
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 06/12/13, 10:46

Swallowtail wrote:re Goodnight
joubliai, your regulated "variable pitch" system is simple and clever !!
but beware, your 3 blades are mechanically independent, so you need 3 springs strictly identical, otherwise you will have an unequal setting on 3 blades rotating, and therefore, different incidences, causing significant vibration, see destructive ......

therefore springs to calibrate, and mass and center of gravity of identical blades (or moment M blades identical)

Or you have to make 3 blades, by bielettes, and have only one central spring. But the ca is complicated !!!
to be continued

Hello swallowtail and thank you for your advice and remarks

I had thought of a link with rods but I will already try the system as is. Eventually I will add a device so that all the pale ones are oriented simultaneously with the same angle. I thought I would simply add a plate on the front of the rotor with slanted oblique holes that connect the blades together, like this:

Slow speed, pale near the rotor axis --------------------------- Fast speed, pale away from the rotor axis
In red on the drawing, we see the nipples fixed on the tubes of the pale and which should regulate the simultaneous removal of the pale ones.
With the centrifugal force the blades move away from the axis and the circular plate which connects them together "should" make the movement uniform.

I look forward to testing this system because the 2 speed control processes seem to me complementary:
1) the angle of incidence changes is slowed down
2) the blades move away from the axis, the speed of rotation is further diminished

I think (I hope) that the wind turbine will reduce and stabilize its speed depending on the wind ...

In order to improve the whole, I plan to be able to manually adjust the base incidence of the blades: I will add or remove a little angle depending on the performance or the desired use (current production => speed fast, water pumping => slow speed).

Finally, I will also try a new system: as the rotor of the wind turbine is made with a stroller wheel axis that clcl (see photo), I will make 4 rotors with a different number of blades (2, 3, 5, n pale), and that it will be easy to fix according to the uses.
Speed ​​tests, wind sensitivities and couples will also be very interesting.

After, we will have to find how to make the transmission to the generator (a motor-wheel of VAE in 24 volts DC). I thought to use a simple little belt with pulleys: one on the rotor, the other on the axis of the motor-wheel (the transmission to the pump).
The size of each pulley will also make adjustments.
My weekend promises to be handy Image Image ,
and full of surprises Imageespecially since there is a lot of wind at the moment.
To be continued...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/12/13, 16:10

wheelchair foot?
stroller wheel axle?

you're great! =)
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 06/12/13, 16:38

jonule wrote:wheelchair foot?
stroller wheel axle?
you're great! =)

Thank you!
it's just harder now to push the baby stroller that has no wheel ... but soon, the stroller will be hybrid like the carriage : Cheesy:

... and to complete the list of exotic objects used:
- the tension springs in the tubes of the pale ones comes from an old box spring
- the mast of the wind turbine will be a street lamp (6 m high!)
- the regenerator of the current, the motor-wheel of vae
- the blades are in pvc tube
- the pulleys come from a machine of muscu
- Etc. ..

It's not recycling all that! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 17/12/13, 10:32

This is the small wind turbine that I installed to test the system of variation of the orientation of the blades.

I am now waiting for the wind to rise with heavy squalls to see how it behaves in high winds.

To return to the subject: the use of a motor-wheel of VAE, this site explains exactly how to make a vertical axis wind turbine with bicycle wheels and pvc tubes. It seems simple enough to implement with motor-wheel of VAE.

It is curious the small inner pale whose curvatures are reversed compared to the outer pale. Does this bring a real benefit?
(Detailed construction here: http://mon.danstagueule.fr.free.fr/NRJr ... horiz.html )

Other assembly with this principle:
ImageImage

There is also this wind turbine with a profile of pale interesting that seems simple to do:

When you search the internet for "vertical wind turbine" it's incredible the number of different models. Some are very surprising!

( https://www.google.fr/search?q=eolienne ... 24&bih=614 )

Astonishing that we have not yet done comparative performance of these different profiles, especially the most reproduced! ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 17/12/13, 10:40

Site to see, especially the video at the end of the page (1mn):
http://burogu.makotoworkshop.org/index. ... nne/page/2
0 x