Price comparison bottled gas and city gas

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Natural gas in bottle

by chatelot16 » 19/12/13, 21:45

fabio.gel wrote:Is there bottled natural gas?

yes liquid air sells it for chemical use where there is no natural gas network, but it is too expensive to serve as fuel: methane does not liquefy at room temperature: it is compressed to 200 bar like oxygen: the bottles are therefore heavy and expensive

oil: negligible tank weight compared to the contained oil weight

LPG butane propane: bottle weight equal to fuel weight: a 13kg bottle of butane makes 13kg of scrap: the proportion is constant regardless of the size of the tank

methane compressed to 200 bar: scrap weight 10 times the gas weight

the only way to reduce the weight of the bottle is to use materials with a better weight strength ratio than steel: carbon fiber, but even more expensive
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/04/14, 10:51

For a stove ...
An economical and also eco-friendly tip because it avoids transport. It is to recharge your bottle yourself (it is prohibited but I have been doing it for two years) at LPG pumps in auto service stations ...
just buy a pirate fitting and be "careful"
always be sure that the bottle is empty and do not put more than 21 liters in a 13Kg bottle
LPG is a mixture of butane and propane and it works very well in stoves and camping car gear (fridges, boilers ...)
Choose a bottle that has passed the recent test and change it every 5 years.
For info it's 10 € won at each refill.

Good imperative practices: FOR AN EMPTY 13KG BOTTLE
securely attach your EMPTY bottle upright in your trunk
screw on the filling connection
at the station:
plug the gun
open the bottle for a ride
fill the bottle with 20 to 21 liters of LPG
close the bottle
unplug the gun
it will make a pschitt with a little gas which will escape leave your trunk open for a few seconds and ventilate the car
you pair 18 to 20 € in the linker from 28 to 30

DO NOT EXCEED 21 LITERS FOR A 13Kg BOTTLE
And avoid storing your full bottle in a place where it would be hotter than the tank of your service station (but already with 21 liters you have a normal safety margin)

Preferably choose a supermarket station (the cashiers are not too attentive) once I filled 8 bottles attached to my trailer without being told anything .. A zx that stinks of french fries a 170 liter tank of LPG : Evil: : Shock: : Mrgreen:

Other times I got thrown or blacklisted.

In some stations there is no sticker on the pump as it is prohibited ... Play the innocent.

For motorhomes you can buy the approved kit which allows you to fill up this way all over the world but it is rather expensive ...

The pirate fittings are on ebay choose one with the check valve preferably (if you forget to close the bottle before removing the gun but do not panic the butane bottles have a flow limiter which means that it does not squirt )
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Autogas-GPL-Adap ... 996wt_1161
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/04/14, 14:44

I did it for a long time, with an LPG plug screwed on the car, and several bottles inside connected in parallel with orange blowtorch pipes

if the bottles are all empty, the flow is shared fairly well and the bottles are all filled fairly

it would be preferable for safety to close the tap immediately after filling, but to avoid being blaklisted by the pump attendant, I closed the tap while stopping out of sight of the gas station

the amount of gas is best shared when the bottles are lying
0 x
Christophe

Re: Gas bottle and town gas price comparison

by Christophe » 04/10/21, 10:24

I am relaunching this subject because of the recent increase in the price of town gas ....

It took 12.6% on October 1, 2021 in France ....what is less said is that they had also PLANNED to increase by + 20% and + 15% in November and December ...

Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 10-20-59 Gas increase + 12,6% on October 1, 2021.png
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 10-20-59 Gas increase + 12,6% on October 1st, 2021.png (14.9 KiB) Viewed 2057 times

In short, they had PREDICTED an increase of roughly 1.126 * 1.2 * 1.15 = 155% over the last 3 months of 2021!

I let you calculate the total increase over the year 2021 already recorded with the table above! (answer: + 60%)

You read that correctly: they had PREDICTED so the argument for the increase linked to the rise in market prices is completely CAN!

Otherwise this is called collusion or / and insider trading!

Only the neuneus will believe in that! All this is only the COVID invoice reimbursement START!
0 x
Christophe

Re: Gas bottle and town gas price comparison

by Christophe » 04/10/21, 11:00

Christophe wrote:All this is only the COVID invoice reimbursement START!

Confirmed by the numbers in this article: https://www.ouest-france.fr/economie/en ... 1fbac55cd7
0 x