Reviews of the Citroen AX diesel?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 13/11/13, 22:29

From what I heard (personally I do not have a lot of feedback but a lot of discussions with mechanics) a new model seal and the 1,4 l become reliable for the cylinder head. The error would come from the first joints.
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 21/11/13, 22:51

Hello everybody
I finally didn't buy the AX. I drive a lot of km and my entourage wanted a car at least equipped with an airbag.
However, I did not leave aside the 1.5 D from PSA. I went to see several nissan micra which are equipped with it and my heart finally opted for a 2003 saxo, 150 km and blank technical control for 000 euro. It will be in my garage very soon!
Each car has its weak point. It would seem that the micra are rotting given the condition of those I have been to see. On the sax, ax and 106, the rear axle is fragile, apparently due to a poor design of the swing arm seals. A review is planned for the spring with a colleague and surely the implementation of a lubricator between the two bearings.
Good evening and thank you all for your precious advice!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/11/13, 17:21

I confirm for the rear arms. I knew the problem ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/11/13, 22:03

I was not aware that the leak was the cause.

According to the information I have, too little lubrication is the real cause of the problem.
The arm bearings oscillate at less than 30 ° angle.
They are lubricated during assembly with a grease nut which ends up being expelled from the area to be lubricated. The parts in contact are therefore without lubricant ...
The large volume of air in the envelope tubes explains the corrosion then the wear and the squeaks which ensue.

Some mechanics were content to dismantle the bearings and reassemble them after having made them make a U-turn so that the effort is no longer made on the damaged parts.

Drilling the casing tubes to mount a lubricator and stuffing the entire volume of the half arms with grease allows the volume of grease to be maintained on the parts to be lubricated.
1 or 2 small grease pumps every year is enough to maintain the quality of lubrication.
This corresponds to the routine maintenance that we once knew about cars until the 60s and until today on heavy goods vehicles.

This was called the draining operations (engine oil and gearbox) and lubrication (chassis and body openings).
0 x
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 25/11/13, 11:59

I have also heard of this poor random seal, which would explain that some PSAs squeak at 90 km and others at 000 km, depending on the conditions of wear of the seal.
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 11/01/14, 18:54

A little return from me.
I am completely satisfied with the 1.5 d saxo despite the few costs I had following the purchase which also allowed me to learn a lot.
I have done so far a little less than 2000 km on a route composed mainly of motorways. I drive at a speed between 100 and 120 on the flat and as much as I can on the climbs. My consumption on the first tank was 4.7 liters / 100 and on the second tank was 4.6 liters / 100. Weaker than the twingo 2 1.5 dci I own. Clearly a very economical car and whose limited power can meet a daily need.
Small flat, oil changes to be done every 15 km. I do not understand where the difference comes from my 000 dci which requires only an oil change every 1.5 km.
Good evening and happy new year to all.

Jérôme
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 11/01/14, 19:06

ggdorm wrote:A little return from me.
I am completely satisfied with the 1.5 d saxo despite the few costs I had following the purchase which also allowed me to learn a lot.
I have done so far a little less than 2000 km on a route composed mainly of motorways. I drive at a speed between 100 and 120 on the flat and as much as I can on the climbs. My consumption on the first tank was 4.7 liters / 100 and on the second tank was 4.6 liters / 100. Weaker than the twingo 2 1.5 dci I own. Clearly a very economical car and whose limited power can meet a daily need.
Small flat, oil changes to be done every 15 km. I do not understand where the difference comes from my 000 dci which requires only an oil change every 1.5 km.
Good evening and happy new year to all. Jerome
To compare with my ZX station wagon TD: consumption 4,6 l, but oil change every ... 7500 km!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/01/14, 19:40

ggdorm wrote:... Small flat, oil changes to be done every 15 km. I do not understand where the difference comes from my 000 dci which requires only an oil change every 1.5 km.
This development took place for several reasons:
1 / It is a commercial argument that was initiated by a manufacturer and the others were forced to follow this trend so that their vehicles are not suspected of being less reliable ...
The oil change at intervals or the annual maintenance recommended, also serves to correct the existing vices / failures on the vehicles, it was therefore necessary to find a compromise between reliability, reputation and rent of the mechanics while reacting compared to the competitors.

2 / tribology (science of friction) has known considerable progress in recent decades and has had significant repercussions on the chemistry of lubricants as well as on the surface condition and structure of moving materials ... The quality of oils, combustion, and engines in general no longer justify its replacement as frequent.

3 / Finally, vehicles have become consumable products and a car over 8 years old must now be reformed even if it is far from being out of use.
By spacing out the maintenance, the overall longevity of the vehicles is reduced, which is already scandalously short.

An automobile works on average 5.000 hours before being destroyed, whereas for industrial mechanics it is considered inadmissible that a machine does not reach 20.000 operating hours between 2 interviews ...
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 11/01/14, 20:11

Thank you very much for this very complete citro response!
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 11/01/14, 20:25

Hello,

Finally, vehicles have become consumable products and a car over 8 years old must now be reformed even if it is far from being out of use.

Who forces you to do it ???

By spacing out the maintenance, the overall longevity of the vehicles is reduced ...

First news ! Can you develop, please ...

... whereas for industrial mechanics we consider it inadmissible that a machine does not reach 20.000 hours of operation between 2 interviews ...

??

Can you tell me which, and what interview are you talking about?

A+
0 x