Reviews of the Citroen AX diesel?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/10/13, 17:54

I just bought a 21.6TD 4hp golf for Minimacro 500 €. The former owner did not even want to pay the 6 € to sell it ... I negotiated firm by signing him a charge for having it with the gray card ... I passed it at the CT on Wednesday..A headlight has to adjust and the game in a stop of shock absorber ... It consumes quere more than an ax, on the other hand when one presses on the pedal right ... It grows much stronger ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 04/10/13, 21:06

Macro wrote:... It consumes more than an ax ...

Really ? Who told you that ???
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/10/13, 01:25

: Arrow: Not much is a variable unit of measurement. : Lol:

I prefer to read consumption measured in liters per 100km as I do with paper, pencil and a rule of 3.

It also works very well with a spreadsheet. : Idea:

That said, the "pumps" which dispense vegetable oil are not as precise as those of the tankers ... This perhaps explains the expression "little more".
:?:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/10/13, 10:45

citro wrote:He considered AXs to be very safe compared to other vehicles of the same generation.

? on what point?
the rear trunk is plastic, you can't even stick the "A" : Lol:
I laugh but the one we had at the time (14.000 F, diesel at 3.50F) tore against a sidewalk, at 40 km / h ... fortunately it was insured all risk : Shock:
in any case I will not put my kid there, I would prefer a 405, for the same price; =)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/10/13, 11:31

citro wrote:: arrow: Guère plus is a variable unit of measurement. : Lol:

I prefer to read consumption measured in liters per 100km as I do with paper, pencil and a rule of 3.

It also works very well with a spreadsheet. : Idea:

That said, the "pumps" which dispense vegetable oil are not as precise as those of the tankers ... This perhaps explains the expression "little more".
:?:

Citro ... I still know what I'm talking about ... The diesel axis was sold for 3.8l / 100..Conso only tenable on the flat with only one person on board while accelerating as hard as the electric model .. .
for the kid's golf 2, the grandpa who had it before was consuming 4.5l / 100d diesel (that said I don't know how he drove). For the moment I cannot give the consumption of the golf because we have not yet toasted the first tank of about 55l (50/50 cocktail) we are over half a gauge with 390km performed, most of which in town with a very novice driver (accompanied driving) at the wheel with many maneuvers of crenels, battle, half turns and a less flexible driving (I did the bullshit to start making him drive the electric saxo at the beginning he lost all his automatic change of speed) and to the car school the concepts of eco driving they do not know too much (stay in 3rd at 50, in 4 below 70 in 2 in zones 30; accelerate as much as it can at the exit of roundabouts) ...

I drove a very long time (about 300km) with a Golf 000 1D equipped with the injection pump of a 1600 and a 1.5 box called "eco" it consumed between 5 and 3.8l / 4.5 ... and even with an R100 25D with which I was doing 2.1l / 5.4 (100km reccord with 1250l of diesel, this before the sulfur levels in the diesel decrease, then it went to 63l)

Failing to be green, these engines of the 80s were really very sober if carried out on the coupl, e even on carts which exceeded the ton.

As for the precision of my HV pump ... It is an old calibrated pitcher which was used to measure the precision of petroleum volumetometers : Shock: : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/10/13, 15:25

Macro wrote:Citro ... I still know what I'm talking about ... The diesel axis was sold for 3.8l / 100..Conso only tenable on the flat with only one person on board while accelerating as hard as the electric model .. .
This is precisely why I say it.
I had 2 Visa diesel advertised for 3.9l / 100km and despite my eco-driving efforts, I never managed to go below 5.4l / 100km. :?

If in addition the drop in sulfur content increases consumption ...
In short we expect your returns over a longer period.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 08/10/13, 20:40

Well then if we have the right to talk about it!

For the soundproofing I brought an AX petrol and a Xara phase 2 from Paris, the Ax is more comfortable and less tiring than the xsara, because of the fact that the xsara is diesel and heavier it has more low frequencies of rolling. Not to mention the oil that stinks more inside!

In addition we slept in the AX, more space than in the xsara station wagon (ok, the trunk was taken, as in the AX too) and more comfortable seats.

For the 1,4 according to colleagues who know it is the cylinder head gasket which was fragile, they reinforced it when the 1,5D appeared. So just replace this seal of the first models.

For the robustness of the engine, I have a friend who made 760 kms with a 000D AX, original engine and clutch. Citroën offered him a new sax to take back his AX, we imagine to know what to do so that it does not happen again! The Saxo was also better designed, the engine farted at 1,5 km.
It crossed all of Europe loaded flush with the mouth of CD, 140 - 150 km / h all along the highway, hence the original clutch. And since he was doing more than 8000 km per week, it doesn't seem to have bothered him in terms of fatigue (well, it's true that he's a big wheeler who drives a Dyane now).

In terms of security, it is not because it is light that it is fragile. I saw big frontal in AX the cabin resisted well. But on small shocks it is a modern car that folds to cushion. And still at the time it was not 2000 euros for repairs on a wall at 20 km / h.
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 08/10/13, 22:02

Hello Arnaud, I'm going to take you back a bit on the 1.4 D engine.
This engine was all aluminum and the block a little too light, with age, became "soft".
It no longer allowed to keep the seal with the cylinder head.
The first to pay the price were those who set foot cold on the floor.
When the garage owners started to change seals repeatedly the manufacturer understood the problem and did the 1.5 D on a cast iron block.

jlg
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/11/13, 09:32

citro wrote:
Macro wrote:Citro ... I still know what I'm talking about ... The diesel axis was sold for 3.8l / 100..Conso only tenable on the flat with only one person on board while accelerating as hard as the electric model .. .
This is precisely why I say it.
I had 2 Visa diesel advertised for 3.9l / 100km and despite my eco-driving efforts, I never managed to go below 5.4l / 100km. :?

If in addition the drop in sulfur content increases consumption ...
In short we expect your returns over a longer period.
: Mrgreen:

First average consumption observed on the golf2 td RA 80cv of minimacro. In 1120km he needed 58 liters of fuel (composed of a mix of 50% maximum diesel to 20% minimum, the rest being used recycled fried food)
driving by him (novice) 75% departmental road 25% agglo (approximately) at the speed limits imposed by accompanied driving. And by me without much care (it's so good a car that accelerates when you ask it to do it ...)
Volume measured from full to full mouth to full to full mouth with an old calibrated gauge of 20 liters (good it has not been calibrated since 1972) and a 2 liter graduated pitcher.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/11/13, 20:13

For the 1,4 according to colleagues who know it is the cylinder head gasket which was fragile, they reinforced it when the 1,5D appeared. So just replace this seal of the first models.

when a small head gasket if it was enough to change the small head gasket to solve the problem it would be too good!

when the cylinder head gaskets go down in series on an engine it is a sign of a more general problem ... the explanation of an aluminum engine not rigid enough stands upright ... in other cases it is a cooling radiator too small
0 x