Stirling engine

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
xboxman4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by xboxman4 » 12/10/10, 20:52

Yes indeed this Stirling thermoacoustic seems interesting! Seeing it, an idea came to me: why not exploit a difference in temperature between the ambient air and a depth of one meter or two?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 12/10/10, 21:43

It is possible, but given the maximum possible output of Carnot for a low temperature difference, (like 13 ° C in winter, with 0 ° C outside and 13 ° C in the deep earth 4 to 6m)), the powers in the exchangers must be a factor of 22> (273 + 13) / 13 to 60 times, those of the power extracted during work, since the perfection of 22 is impossible !!
Thus for a useful work of 1KW, it would take two 60KW exchangers with very little difference in temperature (1 ° C), very large surface extremely difficult, since the earth will warm up quickly as well; the heat puts 1an to diffuse on 3m in the soil, except water of source in the soil with big flow.
For a small power it is more accessible but the basic thermoacoustic works best with nice temperature differences.
0 x
Steeve_Osteen
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Steeve_Osteen » 30/03/11, 10:13

Hello,

little new in econology, I am nonetheless adept at alternative energy for a long time even if I have not yet had the opportunity to implement them.

I got wind in the conversation of an idea about making a dish stirling with a power of about 1kW.

I am an electrical mechanical designer in life and I wanted to put myself in the design of a beast of this kind.

would there be people who would be interested in a collaborative development of such a system?
knowing that I can make available to the forum my way of CAD (Solidworks) as well as my skills in design and calculation finite elements (resistance of materials).

Looking forward for your response..
good econologically your
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 12/04/11, 13:17

Bonjour,

postage a little bit :) .

I'm looking for info about the engine Phillips with lots of small pistons, which worked on the thermo-acoustic principle can be ??? It was given to shot with any gas and to do a mechanical work or given cold or hot (d) 'or the idea of ​​thermoacoustics)

I know that it was used in the countries of the summer at the end of the second world war and that the Americans left with a priori all the models. (oops modification of the info which is not good, after discovery on the web of the philips 102c "bungalow set" it is not therefore about him that I speak).

I also saw a few years ago a letter of recommendation to make disappear the engine as soon as possible under pain of return of very serious stick. I can not find anything arff.

And otherwise someone would work it on an Ericson engine by chance :) , I think that with a recylated oil burner it can be nice no (it's also a stirling engine but no dead volume and was manufactured until 1925 anyway and there are still copies that works very well that pumps 2.7m3 of water / H on unevenness of 20m not bad no).

Thank you in advance if you have information on this engine phillips (or philips) multi micro pistons.

see you
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/04/11, 14:44

0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 12/04/11, 17:03

Re,
thank you Alain but no, arff.

I also thought it was that but no.

if my memory is good, because I saw this engine at least ten years ago.

To describe it I would do a drawing later to give an idea, but in principle:

I think a beta engine assembly type or alpha but with more than 6 cylinders, horizontal.

I'm wondering now if the engine is cold are not his descendants ???

In short it is not won all that, I continue my research.

And concerning the Ericson engine someone has already tried here ???
expensive construction certainly because not produced.
But saw the benefits and the hardiness so the few interviews and longevity, not to mention the yield (a priori 28% (attention is accurate;)) 50% (well it's in the case of an effective regenerator 100% so not yet existing or ??).

In short I discovered (I knew the classic Stirling very hard to develop but not the simplest one if we can say :) .

Balance I say to myself that for oily with ball burner for example;) Well there may be way to get a good temperature gradient oil flame almost free :) .
Still a false good idea probably :) .

see you
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/04/11, 17:08

hack

You can always try the steam engine which is much easier to manufacture with a torque that can be used to generate electricity!
0 x

Alain
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 12/04/11, 19:23

re,

in my opinion it asks a lot more talk a steam engine compared to that:

http://mototracteurs.forumactif.com/t22 ... son#126092

No rust from water because there is not any;).
there is nothing that can break in :) I love .

This says it's not a mass ecological solution I totally agree :).

see you
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/04/11, 20:55

On the end of the page of your link it seems to be a hot air engine that is much easier to manufacture, a big piston, lights and a big wheel of inertia and that's it!

It could be a good idea! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Alain