Reviews and benefits of an engine additive

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Did67

by Did67 » 07/04/14, 16:59

Alain G wrote:
The caculator, the cruise control and the km reading on a tank do not lie especially that I was still doing the same route which is no longer possible for me but when I drive 120 km / h on a highway without wind with the regulator and I see over several days and I see 2 l / 100km less and almost 100 km more traveled ...

And here I am obliged to recognize that it is credible too!

And therefore in beautiful sheets!

One pirouette: this good old joke from two farmers fighting over a field boundary.

It is therefore farmer A who complains that his neighbor, with a plow, has taken half a meter from him at the edge of his plot.

On market day, he goes to the lawyer and describes the situation to him ...

And the lawyer explaining to him that he only has to make a lawsuit, he will win it every time. According to him, farmer A is absolutely right ...

Coincidentally, one ehue later, farmer B, the one supposed to have "stolen" the strip of land, goes to the same lawyer.

And he explains his point of view ... And the lawyer to encourage him, but yes, it's clear, the other is a mythoname, troublemaker ... There is only to make a trial. According to the lawyer, no doubt, farmer B is right ...

Once B leaves, the secretary, who had heard everything, goes to the lawyer and says to him:

- But finally, you did not understand that it was the same case ??
- But if !
- But then, you cannot say that everyone is right. There is bound to be one who is wrong and one who is right!
- Well, you too are right!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/09/14, 14:14

Well I got a Ram Ecodiesel 3 liter turbo truck and I could soon do consumption tests on a diesel and see if it is possible to save oil and improve the 7,6 l / 100km on the road which I get at 118 km / h.

As the engine is still brand new, I have to wait after the run-in to use an anti-friction additive ...

To be continued!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 21/12/14, 19:31

Hi,

I dig up this subject because it turns out that I have been, for a few days, the very happy owner of a Peugeot 208 1.2 VTI (3 cylinders).

It turns out that in flipping through the user manual, I came across this:

I think that things are clear, for a modern engine it is imperative to choose the oil which scrupulously respects the recommendations of the manufacturer, and that any addition of additive is prohibited.

A+
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 21/12/14, 19:41

Hello,

the improvement of oils and engines means that additives are less interesting today and can have unforeseen effects, hence this text.

For example, I have always had very good results by putting molybdenum disulfide in my oil. Well in my current car it has no effect. So I will not renew for the next oil changes, but maybe I will try again when the engine shows signs of wear.
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 21/12/14, 21:43

Philippe Schutt wrote:the improvement of oils and engines means that additives are less interesting today and can have unforeseen effects, hence this text.

Yes that's right.

The "world" of lubricants is going through a real revolution with Shell starting to market its new gas-based oils (there is therefore no more petroleum in these new products). 35 years of research, I do not remember how many billions of dollars of investment, and a revolutionary product finally developed and approved by certain manufacturers of cars and construction machinery (all BMWs will be equipped with this oil from the start. January 2015, XNUMX, as well as machines like Liebherr or Caterpillar ...)

These are extremely fluid oils, with a very low coefficient of friction (therefore with strong reductions in fuel consumption, we are talking about -6% compared to an equivalent "petroleum" oil, and considerably extended oil change intervals).

It is quite clear that any addition of additives, whatever they are, could only harm these new generations of lubricants.

For the moment my 1.2 VTI is running with Total 0W-30 "petroleum" recommended by Peugeot, but during the next oil change (at 20000 km) I will use Shell "gas", so it will be easy for me to compare the difference of consumption since it is about a new car.

A+
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/14, 23:05

The adjuvants would therefore only be perlimpinpin powder, so we would have been lied to? Image

Well ... well ... It was more than one pay that we were trying to get this message across! QED ...

Hopefully this will finally be heard from all the "benevolent!" do fo-fo ... Thanks for the feedback, well done, great job guys!

Like any rule there are exceptions (like regular adjuvants, but which need to be introduced into the mixture, shortly before their use! In aviation, in formula 1 or whatever) But it is in no case "remetalisants" as claimed by Alain G.

On the other hand my mechanic, official agent of the brand (Toyoda) knowing that I was going to drive on ethanol (which like LPG is a "dry" fuel) strongly recommended to me a completely different additive than the subject of this thread (which the author suggested that they would even make it possible to space out the oil changes (no but hello, what ... very curious idea of ​​doing that when it came to "increasing" the life of an engine , had to be daring ...) like the rare ones based on potassium (K), to preserve the valve seats as much as possible!

Others suggest solutions like flashlube (which we should perhaps consider putting in all engines, since the main friction is done during cold starts ...

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post277244.html#277244

But I don't know any more!
0 x
Christophe

Re: The benefits of an engine additive

by Christophe » 23/11/19, 18:05

0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/11/19, 18:19

A few years ago, I bought powdered molybdenum disulfide which I added to the engine oil my Xantia HDI (which traveled 300 km before exploding on a boar ...), the engine was quieter, responded better and the consumption had dropped by about 000L. You can also put it in a 0.5T and in a gearbox.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/19, 18:53

We spoke about it on this topic but perso I never tested ... you find (found) that where?

I dug up a file in 4 pages on oil additives, with passage to the bench of a 5W30 oil:

https://www.econologie.com/huiles-moteu ... brifiants/
https://www.econologie.com/huiles-moteu ... ifiants-2/
https://www.econologie.com/huiles-moteu ... ifiants-3/
https://www.econologie.com/huiles-moteu ... ifiants-4/

Houlà 2006 ... that does not rejuvenate us!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/11/19, 19:15

Christophe wrote:We spoke about it on this topic but perso I never tested ... you find (found) that where?

I do not know anymore... :( But here is it:
https://graphene-supermarket.com/MoS2-U ... grams.html
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)