PONAST boiler help with settings

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
snoopymagik
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

PONAST boiler help with settings

by snoopymagik » 18/11/12, 13:06

Hello

I have a PONAST KP22 boiler and I would like to know here if there would be people who could help me to refine the settings

Thank you in advance
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 18/11/12, 20:50

I sent you an MP, you can call me
0 x
Click my signature
snoopymagik
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by snoopymagik » 25/11/12, 14:56

Here I am again, a very big THANK YOU to Dirk-pitt who helps me to properly adjust my boiler
For the moment we are in the process of regulating the combustion and this is becoming very interesting :D
I now arrive on one of the 10 Programs to have a good combustion fine ash of color "mouse" gray the pellet used is EO2
Today I will adjust program 9 as my Dirk-pitt advisor and so he can help me adjust other programs
Thanks to his help I will be able to have a TIP TOP boiler : Cheesy:

As soon as the combustion is operational at any level, we can adjust the climate sensor with the motorized 4-way valve

See you soon for new info on PONAST boilers : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/12, 15:32

Uh could we know the method publicly? : Cheesy:
0 x
snoopymagik
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by snoopymagik » 25/11/12, 15:46

Of course Christophe, as soon as I finish the combustion settings I would come back to do a little tutorial :D
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 25/11/12, 20:46

nothing is set correctly on this boiler, not even the pellet flow ratios compared to the air flow.
basically when there is no smoke analyzer, the empirical method consists in adjusting an air flow rate about 6 times higher (in m3 / h) than the pellet flow rate (in kg / h).
to estimate the air flow, you must know the characteristic curve of the fan and work in% of speeds.
then we tweak a little by looking at the pace of the flame and that of the ashes. it is approximation but still better than what there was, namely a large quantity of black pellets and not burnt
0 x

Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/12, 13:11

OK, thanks! I did not know that there were pellet boilers without gas analysis probe ...

So I assume that for pellet stoves it's the same?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/11/12, 14:10

There are pellet boilers, and even among the best, without lambda probe (but with sioux regulation!): Okofen, Hargassner Classic (for example) ...

Okofen uses the fireplace temperature as an adjustment "parameter".

Another thing is a boiler without serious combustion control - what I read there is not serious for my taste.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 26/11/12, 17:25

in fact the parameters of this PONAST are quite complete and allow you to do a lot of things.
simply, they are set any way, in particular, I have the impression not adapted to the power of the boiler or a combustion fan which is not the one provided in the config.
result, a disastrous combustion and an importer who does not know much about it, apparently.
than classic, in short.
without being an expert, I try to understand how it works and see or act to improve it.
in this case, it will be long because we are at the very beginning: adjustment of the combustion for each power level.
then it will be necessary to adjust the power regulation: passage from one level to another.
and finally adjust the radiator regulator: V3V, heating curve, thermostat, etc.
0 x

Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 26/11/12, 17:42

dirk pitt wrote:
simply, they are set any way, in particular, I have the impression not adapted to the power of the boiler or a combustion fan which is not the one provided in the config.
result, a disastrous combustion and an importer who does not know much about it, apparently.

What I said: not serious!

I did not say that the boiler has no "possibility"! Delivering it as you describe, well, that speaks pretty clearly.
0 x