Experimental project in domestic diesel engine cogeneration

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/11/12, 17:16

chatelot 16 said:

it's the easy side of hdi: a pump constant pressure not more complicated than a hydraulic pump

Blah, blah, blah .... must be equipped not ....

Alternatively mechanical injection pump and injector Bosch classic: the diesel mechanic have adapted room has all engine size

can be, but it comes back to the motors that consume much more, right?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 17:49

this is not the type of injector that makes the consomation

below 1500 t / min the oldie calibrated injector has 70bar walk very well and in very good yield is obtained

but 1500t / min motor are too heavy for the car so we wanted to run faster, it took the combustion chamber ricardo comet: alas that reduces output

Then we increased the injection pressure to rotate the direct injection as soon as ricardo comet and make quick little engine with better performance

but for an engine not need to look fixed speed

there are feasible intermediary between direct injection and combustion chamber comet ricardo: I like a combustion chamber with a comunication channel with much wider cylinder: it runs slower than the comet ricardo, but a little more faster than simple direct injection

there is something that I do not like at all in the current HDI: the combustion chamber in the piston: it is a difficulty that costs expensive, overheats the piston and requires a very high quality ... it weighed down the piston therefore request to strengthen the connecting rod and the crankshaft

I prefer the combustion chamber in the cylinder head, with the warmest area of ​​the gap piston and valves
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Project experimental diesel engine cogeneration domest

by Alain G » 23/11/12, 17:52

DanielJ wrote:
Hello, where are the fans of experimental diesel? Ca cause much ... Well I raise, hear ye, hear ye, I'll make you a revelation ... a diesel engine can run on gas, without any engine modification! Yes you read correctly, WITHOUT ANY CHANGE ENGINE. I experienced it, yes. Well I explained the manipulation, (there is a manipulation anyway) so you have a diesel engine that fontionne, you leave the IDLE, at the entrance of the air filter, you inject (at atmospheric pressure) of the fuel gas , I have ssay with butane or propane, but in principle it works for any gas ... and what's happening? well as the engine accelerates when pressing the accelerator to which you have not touched !!! wearing Explanation auralenti the engine is operating in diesel, so the ignition is controlled by the injection, when you put the gas in addition to suction, it burns at the same time the engine the ignition diesel (always slowed. Increasing the power ntil I max with gas !!! While driving, you have to manage the flow of gas to accelerate or decelerate the engine without touching the pedal acceleration of diesel ... so you have a second pedal, or have a double stroke of the pedal, 1ere race to the gas flow (when running gas) and 2ème race (we even seconded pedal) for operation in single diesel . We can walk to two fuel 50% but not exceed the maximum power too, of course. So in conclusion, no need to change breech or other gas to pass .... It is not pretty? Good bricolonologie. a +

Hello Daniel!

Propane is used on diesel engines of American pickup to increase performance in case of draws charge or otherwise.

http://www.duccutters.com/Propane.tpl#.UK-oZXm8pxE
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 18:00

the biggest way to improve performance is the aditional pistons for compression and relaxation separated from the main cylinder

depand the performance of the hot and cold temperature thermodynamic cycle

the hot temperature, the maximum combustion or explosion has

Cold temperature matters is the temperature at which the exhaust is still too high with a single cylinder

to decrease the exhaust temperature, compress sections for several step with intermediate cooling ... and it takes a longer relaxation that compression with another cylinder

turbo intercooler with cooling after passage through the turbo compressor aprochent this idea ... with a turbine in addition to the exhaust turbocompound kind is even more aproach

in small piston are better than the turbo
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 18:57

thank you for the info Alain G

diesel can not increase the dose until the diesel stoichiometric proportion: it smokes black before

with LPG so we can put the exact stoichiometric proportion to the maximum power

Why LPG? it would be even easier with gasoline

it may be an optimization solution for diesel cars: a walk 100% diesel with a smaller engine, enough when the need for power is low, and have a carburetor gasoline in addition to the occasional need

there had aa complicated engine project has variable compression ratio: it's easier to make a geometry engine fixed but variable power: 100% for diesel low power, and with gasoline in addition to push harder and more quickly when one wants to pay the price

we leave the topic for small engine cogeneration but we enter the automotive topic: petrol or diesel? no need to choose: the 2 has both: low power and diesel fuel in addition to rotate voluntarily faster a diesel engine too small
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 24/11/12, 04:42

Hello

chatelot16 wrote:Why LPG? it would be even easier with gasoline

it may be an optimization solution for diesel cars: a walk 100% diesel with a smaller engine, enough when the need for power is low, and have a carburetor gasoline in addition to the occasional need

Not sure that'll apreciate diesel gasoline
try a simple, soak a cloth petrol and place on a diesel air intake to slow revolutions augment, but in an engine knock a scare.
Often in winter the large heavy duty diesel were used all sorts of means for starting, when we had exhausted the start-pilot cans (Ether) he is made to swallow acetone, toluene, gasoline even some of the acetylene torch with a gas .. (most solvent liquid products was a knock, ignition before the end of compression while the gas did not do.

Even in the doping water during the cold period it is necessary to minimize the addition of alcohol in the water to keep it from freezing, an overdose of alcohol Embale the engine.
A diesel vieu that spits out the breather hot if the engine swallows oil vapor from it in fear ..
In industry several diesel generators are converted to operate on natural gas or propane.

Andre
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/11/12, 14:31

good point: methane or propane support a higher compression ratio gasoline, so can pass through without some diesel peter before injection diesel

Attention it can not work in all diesel: those with the highest compression ratio acepteront or methane or gp
0 x
danielj
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by danielj » 26/11/12, 10:26

chatelot16 wrote:to swallow a diesel gas is not new

XYLOWATT used it with wood gasifier, but is seen no longer in their current site ... it would have had problems?
see page 31:
http://sites.uclouvain.be/term/recherch ... _part2.pdf

it is also used by schnell for methane
http://international.schnellmotor.de/sm ... _265kW.pdf

but it does not please me to be forced to use fuel oil when it was gas: mostly wood producer gas which comes 10fois cheaper than oil: being forced to consume 10% of dual fuel simply the price of amounts of energy

Hello, "chatelot 16", very interesting the linked docs you sent me, thank you. But why say you need ten percent diesel? in the doc we are talking about 4% (I think more about 2% for a small auto engine) ... On the other hand I was talking about one of my specific tests. You can easily replace the 4% diesel with 4% vegetable oil for the ignition control. So life is good ... At the moment I'm studying the "ericsson" engine with wood heating, but I don't know in which econology section to talk about it. Can you advise me, I am new to this site ... Thank you.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/11/12, 19:02

must send can be 4% of the consomation a maximum power ... but when we reduced the power must continue to send the same minimum flow of diesel ... so average with variable power the diesel is much consomation announced that 4%

10% may be even optimistic: if it runs too often has low power it will be worse

choose the category ... why not all just the same ... if it's better in another section christophe the MOVE
0 x
lemust09
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lemust09 » 16/05/13, 14:10

Misu me on a group of 20 kw I board a system adapted to rotate in the frying oil was 100% and recuperation of heat from the cooling radiator for the current and heat the pool water with a a plate exchanger for the pool water can be added as a coil in the exhaust and also get even hot water.
0 x
if you need anything we discuss ... with pleasure!