The renewable energy hydrogen car: the future?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The hydrogen car RE: the future?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/03/21, 21:13

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Obamot wrote:And Désertec? (I mean thermodynamic solar), still no interest from you ...? I see...

This humbug has been going on for some time.
If it was so interesting, we do not see why the states concerned would not do thermodynamic solar energy, PV, wind power, first and foremost to cover their own needs. <<< Not "on" TU.

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/03/21, 21:14

So if we understand correctly, he calls Deutsche Bank, Siemens, etc. “Smokers”? : Mrgreen:

Well sorry but it did exist, and it still exists: (even if they are five years late.)

Desertec's vision continues with projects in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria. Despite its stated ideals of powering Africa, the Desertec Foundation supports the Tunur project in Tunisia, a joint venture between Nur Energy, a UK-based solar energy developer, and a group of investors. Maltese and Tunisians in the oil and gas sector. It explicitly describes itself as a large solar power export project connecting the Sahara Desert to Europe, which will provide electricity to European consumers [...] Since Tunisia depends on its neighbor the Algeria for its energy needs and because it is faced with more and more frequent power cuts, it would be scandalous to say the least to export rather than produce for the local market. According to Med Dhia Hammami, a Tunisian investigative journalist working in the energy sector, the project seeks to take advantage of new Tunisian legislation allowing the liberalization of the production and distribution of green energy, breaking the monopoly of the state company STEG (Tunisian Electricity and Gas Company) and paving the way for the direct export of electricity by private companies. He describes it as "state prostitution" and a confirmation of the Tunisian government's submission to corporate dictates that go against the national interest.

Meanwhile, the Moroccan government, with the help of members of the Desertec II consortium, has secured funds from international lenders to develop the world's largest concentrated solar power plant (CSP) in Ourzazate. This project, initially envisioned as an export project, failed to gain support from the Spanish government for a submarine cable; the project is now presented as a way for Morocco to increase its own renewable energy supply.

However, the role of transnational corporations in the project continues to attract criticism. Mr. Jawad, an activist of ATTAC / CADTM Morocco, is concerned about the growing control exercised by transnationals over the production of electrical energy in his country. He sees projects like Ourzazate as a threat to national sovereignty in the clean energy sector, because crucial decisions that affect the entire population are made by a handful of technocrats, far from any democratic process or any consultation.
https://www.ecomena.org/desertec/

There are therefore a few plants in operation, a few plants under construction.
Obviously, for the moment the geopolitical and economic context is not favorable. And the link shows the problems they are encountering, but it would be necessary to explain to me in the centuries to come, how will we do without them? When the peaks of all fossil fuels and nuclear will have been reached and until after their exhaustion?
It is necessary to develop the “technological culture” on the spot. But do not confuse feasibility with its logorrhea.
Last edited by Obamot the 03 / 03 / 21, 21: 20, 1 edited once.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/03/21, 21:19

What you mean by "energy culture on the spot" is to manage to convince the population that it is better that they continue to lack electricity so that those who are "in the maneuver" receive the royalties from export?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/03/21, 21:26

Ahmed wrote:What you mean by "energy culture on the spot" is to manage to convince the population that it is better that they continue to lack electricity so that those who are "in the maneuver" receive the royalties from export?

The populations can equip themselves with Chinese PV panels, they thus obtain a certain energy autonomy, which competes (ra) the price per kW / h. (this is for the “non-anthropotechnical” reasoning in the first degree)

I am talking about “technological culture” (and not energy) in relation to ALL the trades in the sector. This is a question of professional training, which is lacking as every time a request arises.
But I hear your point well, and I always appreciate your comments.
Nothing resolves by itself in human society. You have to look at everything. You can develop of course.

Basically, thermodynamic solar energy does not solve all the problems of “resetting” the economy, towards another paradigm (towards which we will all have to go ...) it is surely one of the components that will lead to the solution of a more satisfactory energy mix, I mean “as completely satisfactory as possible” :)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/03/21, 22:29

Sorry, I read wrong! In short, we must rather convince the locals to convert to our technological obsessions (therefore also energy *), the only way that they appreciate the inanity and thus avoid our excesses? Devilishly daring dialectic, which deserves to be saluted :P ...

* Knowing that the purpose of all energy, even "ultra-green", consists in supplying an infinite number of gadgets serving to console themselves for what they are the cause of ... (this must be "the circular economy"?).
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/03/21, 23:54

I understand ... It's true. But the students who sometimes travel long distances to return to the fold (in some countries it starts to get dark around 18 p.m.), with a house installed in PV and batteries, the inhabitants can have LED lights to do their homework as well as the whole family. household dispose of it for various basic uses, in secluded corners. Is this minimum of progress to be banished? You still have to defend the idea that to have a “real job” you have to have studied. Now, I'm not going into what users will actually do with it. You can also choose a life of meditation and renunciation (a little mine by detaching myself from materialism, but not completely ...)
To have a little electricity is to have water and power a pump for irrigation, and to have light is also to have security. And one thing leading to another, we come to today's world! :) Not easy to put the cursor where to stop.
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 04/03/21, 06:33

Obamot wrote:JNot easy to put the cursor where to stop.

if it's super easy: the good way of life is the one I live, and all those who are richer than me must agree to lower it : Mrgreen:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 18/04/21, 14:17

small video dependent : Mrgreen:
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/04/21, 15:09

This video is BIG bullshit, of course you can produce hydrogen in a number of ways.

The fact is that the technology exists and that when projects like Désertec emerge, there will be no more hydrogen production than from thermodynamic solar, since other means will no longer be competitive.

After that remains the choice of society that we want ...
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 18/04/21, 16:43

the question is what is the interest of hydrogen for the car compared to the almost direct use of electricity in a battery
I don't think the economic equation is in favor of hydrogen even in the long run : Wink:
0 x