I do not believe in sustainable development (the crisis lemonde)

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

I do not believe in sustainable development (the crisis lemonde)

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 16:25

If I still believe in it ...

It is the title of article collection of testimonies published on the world: http://www.lemonde.fr/vous/article/2012 ... _3238.html

3 first testimonials ... the others on the link ...

* Sustainably resistant to development!, By Bernard

But what does such a survey mean? The French are certainly no more eco-skeptical than they were a few years ago. Unfortunately, they simply no longer have the means to translate their deep convictions into daily action. Can ecological-citizen acts, altruism, dedication to the cause of our planet take precedence over the need to move to work (further and further), to eat (at the lowest price), to to dress (economically), to find accommodation and heat? To survive? Three million unemployed and even more precarious. Let's not forget these numbers. I am, we are, they are, all intimately aware of the urgency to adopt an attitude "durably resistant to the frenzied development" in which our civilization is dragging us and to the disastrous consequences which will result from it. But the price to pay for voting "sustainable development" is for the majority of us more and more inaccessible.

* Too expensive, especially in times of crisis, by André

Wanting too much, relentlessly, "stuffing" people's heads with ecology and sustainable development, the reverse is happening: rejection! Between the ecology fanatics and the profiteers who charge you a high price for so-called green and organic products, consumers are doing their math. The conclusion: too expensive, especially in times of crisis! The ultimate impression: it has become a business that benefits some without being truly convinced of the veracity of the argument.

* A phenomenon of urban bobos, by François

Ecoloseptic does not mean ecolonegationist. I believe in the problems posed by pollution and the destruction of the environment. I expect results with more hindsight as to "climate change" which I believe is much less pronounced and anthropogenic than we are told. So that the urgency proclaimed to all winds seems dangerous to me: To cry "wolf" too quickly, we risk discrediting environmental concerns. But I am convinced that we can make very big savings, energy for example, without having to limit ourselves, especially when we do not already have much at the start. Our societies are incredibly wasteful among other things because they push us to consume more and more, devices become fragile by "programmed obsolescence", there is often more packaging than product, etc ... "Ecology" d 'today is a phenomenon of urban bobos and cathechumens who, for their part, do not lack purchasing power, work, housing, public services ... and often ignore what "nature" is. !

Sustainable development is still a little more than buying "green" products (fluorescent for some, see greenwashing), "clean" or "energy efficient" ... no? : Shock:
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: I don't believe in sustainable development (the crisis, lemo

by highfly-addict » 04/04/12, 16:59

Christophe wrote:...
Sustainable development is still a little more than buying "green" products (fluorescent for some, see greenwashing), "clean" or "energy efficient" ... no? : Shock:

No doubt ... But the oxymoron is detestable!
Development of what? economy ? in a finite world? The concept is absurd.
What a joke: without fossil fuels, we would be at least 10 times less numerous !!! ...
We are therefore in a dead end which is called growth and we are moving too fast and are too big to turn around: soon the back wall .... "sustainable development" or not does not change anything. :?
Last edited by highfly-addict the 05 / 04 / 12, 21: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 17:06

Easy: it is a development that lasts and this lasting! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

And the wall will be as hard!

A small definition: https://www.econologie.com/le-developpem ... s-185.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/04/12, 19:45

We must indeed be aware that low wages cannot afford to invest in SD

they have no savings, the slightest tile makes the end of the month painful, so

- they go to cheap accommodation, poorly insulated, so they spend on fuel.
- to go to work, as they do not have access to credit, they will perhaps buy an old box which consumes more (they could not moreover pay DM insurance, essential for a new one
- they buy Asian
- they buy industrial food from hard discounters

etc., etc.....

Of course, when you are an educated household, style 2 university salaries / household or almost, you do not think about that : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/04/12, 19:57

I believe in the sustainable development of the crisis in the world! : Cheesy:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 20:06

I would even say more: I believe in the sustainability of the crisis !! (dupont dupond)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/04/12, 22:35

Fear that this is not a crisis, but a change in structure!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 22:40

So it's very good !!

And may a society based on econology be reborn !!

This would go quite well with the opinion of the 2 most fashionable French sociologists currently: https://www.econologie.com/forums/edgar-mori ... 11675.html et https://www.econologie.com/forums/stephane-h ... 11677.html

But also with the Mayan calendar ... : Idea:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/04/12, 21:11

I fear that this is not a crisis, but a change in structure!

tell us Elephant
Very fair, but there is no guarantee that this change will take place in the direction desired by Christophe!
On the contrary, recent developments lead to fear the worst; nothing is settled, of course, but how can we find reasons for hope when the analysis of the "crisis" is so unfinished?

Because finally, before acting it must first understand!

The duo Morin / Hessel reminds me of that of Hulot / Arthus Bertrand *.
The latter in a more "general public" oriented version; I have already had the opportunity to talk about their method: empathy with their audience, of which they bring to the fore, with talent, their (well-founded) fears, then propose some derisory "solutions".

With Morin / Hessel, the debate is more raised, more abstract and the political aspect is not dodged, but, on the bottom, I wonder if it is not the same master plan: to provide ready to think which invites to go from the front ... in a direction not too disturbing ... in short, manage the psychological crisis caused by the crisis at all ...

I'm not saying that what Morin be inept, far from it, but in terms of the analysis of the causes it remains simplistic which immediately jeopardizes the proposed approach.

*Morin spoke in one of his books with Hulot...

Note: I can no longer find the exact reference, but hessel is part of a "think tank" of notables.

Edit: Heck! I was wrong again, this time it's a thread! : Oops:
As it is a close subject, maybe nobody will notice it? 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."