Investment price of a wind turbine?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
leboncaramel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Investment price of a wind turbine?

by leboncaramel » 17/03/12, 14:38

Bonjour,

Not knowing the investment price of a wind turbine and knowing that it takes + - 2000 wind turbines to replace a nuclear power plant with a power of 1 Gw, I would like to know how much will be the cost to replace a nuclear power plant by wind?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/12, 14:46

Wind investment is around 1000 € / kW
That of modern nuclear power (EPR) already exceeds 3000 € / kW

These are averages of course ...

For the rest, look at the following links:

https://www.econologie.com/les-facteurs- ... -3271.html

https://www.econologie.com/forums/chiffres-s ... t2688.html

https://www.econologie.com/forums/equivalenc ... t5501.html

https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-kwh-nuc ... t9214.html

Do not hesitate to use: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
0 x
leboncaramel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by leboncaramel » 17/03/12, 14:59

thank you very much, the links you sent me help me out :)

but does that mean that we have to invest € 1000000 for a single wind turbine? :o
And if the wind turbines were to be placed in a place where there is a lot of wind (as at the dimension) the load factor will increase and therefore it would take fewer wind turbines to replace a power plant?
And why not invest the billion euros, which is used to extend the power plants by 5 years, in wind power?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/03/12, 16:02

Christophe wrote:Wind investment is around 1000 € / kW
That of modern nuclear power (EPR) already exceeds 3000 € / kW

These are averages of course ...

And we forget the dismantling, the waste to be treated (price of the Hague), its storage in perpetuity over thousands of years, underground, almost impossible, and the management ofa nuclear disaster like that of Fukushima, inevitable in France, sooner or later, because men are not infallible in perpetuity, which makes evacuate an entire region, made uninhabitable, incultivable in perpetuity, enormous economic loss .
Nuclear is a madness bequeathed to our grandchildren and descendants, in perpetuity to keep them busy dismantling, decontaminating a French Fukushima, storing underground all the radioactive waste in perpetuity in relation to our lives.

Sarkozy provides free, unpaid perpetual jobs to our little ones, little ones, children without any financial provision for this shadok work filling barrels with bottomless Danaids, clearly visible in Fukushima, where they decontaminate, change the earth on the surface, pile up mounds of bags which will leak and which will have to be stirred endlessly.

Given that, over more than a thousand years, the real price of nuclear power is almost infinite per current kWh, paid for by our descendants !!
0 x
leboncaramel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by leboncaramel » 17/03/12, 16:17

I totally agree !

But you still have to be stupid to build a nuclear power plant on a seismic plate!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/12, 16:23

leboncaramel wrote:But you still have to be stupid to build a nuclear power plant on a seismic plate!

It seems to me that ALL Japan is on a seismic fault ...
0 x
leboncaramel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by leboncaramel » 17/03/12, 16:27

Yes but then we should not be surprised after ..

ps :D :

And if the wind turbines were to be placed in a place where there is a lot of wind (as at the dimension) the load factor will increase and therefore it would take fewer wind turbines to replace a power plant?
And why not invest the billion euros, which is used to extend the power plants by 5 years, in wind power?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/03/12, 16:32

leboncaramel wrote:I totally agree !

But you still have to be stupid to build a nuclear power plant on a seismic plate!

Seismic faults are everywhere, (the Japanese keep discovering dangerous faults), even in the Rhone and Rhine valley, collapse ditches thanks to these faults for millions of years and undergoing earthquakes 8 to 9 roughly every 3000 to 5000 years !!!

We simply don't have enough memory and the high Alps prove these essential earthquakes to maintain the altitude of the Alps !!
Moreover their mass, blocks any movement much more than in Japan, and it is without earthquake, blocked, only to crack very violently force 8 to 9 without warning, with 90% of the energy of geological movement in these earthquakes enormous.

So we are crazy not to build any anti-seismic force 9, houses and nuclear power plants !!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 17/03/12, 16:32

leboncaramel wrote:And why not invest the billion euros, which is used to extend the power plants by 5 years, in wind power?

... for the simple reason that the nuclear lobby is very influential in France, any major change in energy policy would be detrimental to them, Areva being the world leader in nuclear power.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/03/12, 16:41

when france got fully involved in nuclear power, wind turbines weren't taken seriously

now there are enough to see that it works ... to see the true cost prices

the cost price of wind energy is a real price without incidental costs without risk of accident other than for one who would remain at the foot of a wind turbine one day of great storm

on the other hand in the cost price of the nuclear one does not count correctly, the price of the riste, the expenses of the state to ensure safety, the price of the storage of waste, the price of the final dismantling ... all these prices do not may only increase

the cost price of wind turbines can only fall with future technical progress

building new nuclear power plants is an economic mistake

wind power has less constant power than nuclear power, but we can build at least 3 times more power for the same price: it justifies organizing consumption to adapt to it: numerous large consuming industries could automatically adapt their consomation
0 x