Can there be ecological transportation?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
manuxme
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Can there be ecological transportation?

by manuxme » 28/02/12, 21:03

Hello to all

Here I come to you because I have a subject of research which has for topic: "Can there be an ecological transport?"

and I would like to have your feelings about this subject.

I know this is a very broad topic, and I admit that I don't really know how to deal with this problem.

So the pleasure of reading you and being able to exchange with you

Manu
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/02/12, 21:31

The cranes that are passing by offer a good example of ecological transport ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/02/12, 22:00

Ahmed wrote:The cranes that are passing by offer a good example of ecological transport ...

[Half HS mode: ON]
+1, Ahmed. Today it was particularly impressive above the marshes near my home, dozens of flights of fifteen birds with their cries ..... in just a few minutes .... superb! :P
[Half HS mode: OFF]

Very little CO2, no visual or acoustic nuisance, excellent performance for the pleasure that their sight provides ...

The only real transport of the future is like that of Nils Holgersson : Mrgreen:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Merveil ... Su%C3%A8de
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/02/12, 22:10

By the way, Manu, what is the context of your research subject?
Knowing this, it would be easier to center the answer.
0 x
manuxme
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by manuxme » 28/02/12, 22:50

I work at SNCF and it is within the framework of an internal training.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/02/12, 00:00

The answer is clearly no. :?
There is no transport but several transport more virtuous than others if their choice is suitable.
In the case of the railway, the network of the territory, the volume of goods or the number of passengers can make this mode of transport less efficient than the automobile, for example ...

The debate is for example open on the displacement by electric bicycle which could be, in certain cases more ecological than the non-electric bicycle.

Some people believe that the muscular efficiency and the gray energy of food make muscle propulsion less ecological than the electric propulsion produced from renewable energies.

You therefore have a vast subject to deal with, you must first define the framework. : Mrgreen:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 29/02/12, 10:50

it would first be necessary to define what is called "ecological" transport.
is this ZERO CO2 as the extremists of CO2 shout it out?
is it the one with the best energy efficiency? yield to be defined elsewhere: per tonne transported, per km traveled, etc.
in short we can dig a lot in the context of a dissertation.
0 x
Click my signature
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/02/12, 11:59

Modern wood gasifiers are ecological as transport without CO2 and energy balance !!!
Put all the trains and TGV in gasifier, with wood, even make electricity with gasogens recovering all the free wood and vegetable which rots in the forests, landfills and garden, and that my neighbors burn in the open air, by smoking for days !!

We can also make algae thrive in the sun with the CO2 lost to make green fuels; especially in deserts, with seaweed in seawater.

The desert oil countries thus have a guaranteed conversion for future green oil !!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/02/12, 12:05

current means of transport are not that bad

what is bad is the abuse of transport for poor organization of society

what is catastrophically bad ecologically it is the bad distribution of the factories and housing around the big cities ... which obliges everyone to spend hours in various means of transport ... and as if that was not enough to separate accommodation and work we also separate the department stores ... by removing the well placed small trade

sncf had a fairly ecological means of transport when there were a lot of lines, a lot of stations, and we could go wherever we wanted without booking

now the TGVs go faster but they are too expensive, you have to book like the planes ... there is no longer any line or station to go where you want

the small lines have so few train numbers per day that it can no longer be useful ... therefore less and less passenger, and we close for non profitability

yet it is certain that the profitability of the railway will return with the increase in the price of energy ... but near my home they have not only closed stations, but dismantled lines, demolished bridges ... sold the land occupied by the lines ... resumption of service will be impossible when it becomes useful again

I find that it is the management of the network which is not ecological! we could think a little about the future
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/02/12, 19:02

@ Flytox:
You forget an important element in your praise of the cranes: the but of their journey is ecological.

@ Chatelot16:
My remark makes the link with the previous one: in our society obsessed with the means and only by these, the purpose of transport is obscured.

The question "Can there be ecological transport?" presupposes in its yet open formulation that there is an intrinsic necessity for displacement which cannot be questioned.

What is amazing? Transport consists of going (goods or person) from point A to point B in the most economical and rapid way possible in order to allow and accelerate economic exchanges (which determine the mode of operation of our society and social relations).

Travel is opposed to transport in the sense that it only deals (normally, but it is most of the time perverted in transport) with what happens between point A and B: encounters, discoveries, without even worrying intangibly about reaching point B ... "The important thing is the path".
One last note: half of the global population does not move more than fifty Kms from their place of birth ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."