Comparative table wood heating, oil, gas and pellets?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
leboncaramel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by leboncaramel » 26/01/12, 20:02

merci beaucoup :D
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 26/01/12, 20:16

Simple manufacture of a reverse combustion boiler
http://www.gulland.ca/homenergy/boiler.htm
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 26/01/12, 21:06

Outside heavily wooded areas a wood stere sells to 60 €, which would rather 0.15 € / kg. The difference is no longer so great.
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 26/01/12, 22:17

To complete, the ton of bulk pellets is rather around 230 € delivered (although in some regions it is more to 250-260 €). The difference is diminishing again.
To complement chatelot, the other advantage of pellets is that we are dealing with a standardized product (Dinplus and other certifications) that ensures optimal boiler performance and limits pollutant emissions. Indeed, if the wood is deemed neutral in CO2 it can be polluting if burned in bad conditions (too green, wet, picked up in the neighbor who smokes ... etc).
Hence the importance also when opting for a log boiler to pay attention to the wood that you buy.
The pellet also offers this additional comfort (which is paid indeed) to have to do, in principle, a product of constant quality.
cordially
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/01/12, 22:45

antoinet111 wrote:Dede, it's up to him to do it all, make us a post explaining how you stock, crush, burn and in which stove.
:!:

Chatelot16 answered in my place in part.
On the other hand it is more than 12 years that, while jogging or mountain biking, in the woods around my home, I see rotting wood of beautiful trees, without anyone ever recovering them!

Even I saw some, cut, cut, put in piles of 0,75m, let to rot abandoned on the spot, much more than what I could burn me in the 77, abandoned by my neighbor, who had paid ( with subsidies) to clear up huge windfall, abandoning on the spot !!

By the way, I think of another huge pile of beautiful huge cut trees, put in piles, which are still waiting, since 11 year the trucks to take them, to believe that one wants to study their speed of decay !!!

My neighbors fool me, if they do not tire to put their garbage in the dump, where also I see drop beautiful big logs, that it is enough to pick up, whereas they are destined to rot.

Finally when I see the price paid for pruning or cut a large tree by my neighbors (91) or a condo, 800 €, a day climbing in, if at your neighbor's house, pruned for free (or half price 400 €) , you have free wood (even at a negative price one to three steres to -400 €)

Finally these free logs burn like those 60 € the stere in my inserts (or stove).

In fact the price of firewood is only that of the work to pick it up, and so do this job, very good for health, if you do not move enough in front of a computer, makes it free.

I did it, because in the end 1999, I found myself with a huge windfall, at home, mixed with that of the neighbors much bigger (miracle it did not fall on the house!) And seen the price of 800 "The tree, I cleaned my windfall, and also a little that of the neighbors who had fallen at my house. Even, I straightened 15 trees at 20m instead of cutting them off !!!
In windfall, it is interesting to know the mechanics of the invisible forces, because otherwise, by releasing them, a trunk that moves too much, kills you.

With a mass stove (a large mass of 1T brick around a stove), you can quickly burn anything (shreds burn too fast) and keep the heat on a day.

The pellets to be stocked require more investment than wood, and they take up more space.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 27/01/12, 09:40

antoinet11 said:
for domestic use, this aspect can be circumvented by the use of a wood boiler with sufficient storage to provide heating for a day minimum.

That's the problem, even with a reserve of 24h you have to be there to recharge ... What to do in case of longer absence?

Second point, logs are good when you are in good health .... I did the "sharpening" in my youth, we handle wood 10 to 12 times before using it. More ashes and dust ...
A not easy choice in the city and during activity (work).
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/01/12, 10:07

What to do in case of longer absence?

Anticipate anti-freeze conditions.
Gas, electricity, fuel oil.
Why keep 18 degrees in the house if you are missing 15 days?
The water in the house must be prevented from freezing.
That is my opinion :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/01/12, 10:47

dedeleco wrote:
In fact the price of firewood is only that of the work to pick it up, and so do this job, very good for health, if you do not move enough in front of a computer, makes it free.

Provided you cut it with an ax and a saw (and again you have to buy and maintain this material) and transport it to the wheelbarrow.

Otherwise it is truncated (purchase, service, gasoline oil sharpeners)
Tractor to remove it from the wood and transport to your home ...

The weather is free ... Yes when you are retired ... But it is not especially possible for the majority of us who go to the taff 220 has 260 days a year ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/01/12, 13:07

With this philosophy, no wonder the rate of obesity is increasing.
When I see that I have to cut the big trees of my neighbors, because they are unable to climb a ladder without falling, given the anxiety of their women who tell stories of repeated falls!
So with this philosophy, we become unable to do anything, even to climb a ladder.

5 ° C is enough not to freeze !!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 27/01/12, 20:05

The automaticity of the heating is part of our habits, and many have the feeling of returning to the stone age as soon as it is necessary to put the hand in the dough.
It's good for a wood burning stove, it's part of the quarter of an hour man of the woods, except that it is delivered cut and split, do not push either.
an automatic heating with solid fuel, dusty, requires a rigorous maintenance otherwise it wears quickly, and few people of the city are ready or able to do it. There are two opposing worlds, in direct contact with nature or integrated into an artificial system.
0 x