Biogas and agriculture

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/01/12, 13:20

a solid petrol engine accepts grossly purified biogas

stirling will not do better and will perform less well

the biogas generator set has good speed regulation and can make the stable 50 Hz independently

with a stirling, to be autonomous you need a battery to regulate

the stirling optimized to be heated at the hearth of a parabola is not the same as to heat with fire
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

answer

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 14:01

yes but we can imagine the central hot part heated by flames and the periphery by solar dishes.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/01/12, 17:45

Biogas has a low yield, because bacteria are used before, to live, to make heat and a little biogas.

The best return is to burn plants dried in the summer sun free, certainly much more, 4KWh / kg thermal so dry as wood !!!

The Stirling on this heat of 4KWh / (kg dry) charging the batteries will have a good yield (20%, difficult above, all inclusive). (not with bio gas !!)

Then, the well regulated gasifier, has a good output, also to make city gas (not CH4) a good proportion of 4KWh / kg, also like Stirling, but less good for the final mechanical energy on tractor, because poor performance of the tractor engine (20% of 20% at random to tow at the end, while stirling on batteries gives 20%).

Finally, biogas is much worse in yield, except for digesting troublesome waste, if the investments are not excessive.

The concentrated solar in Stirling can have a better yield in solar energy, than the photovoltaic and especially the photosynthesis of plants under the sun.
So in the end biogas is dramatically less efficient as solar energy, like bio fuel with food crops, like rapeseed, good for starving.
We have the impression that we are pushing for the worst solutions, sometimes.
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

biogas and agriculture

by bobono » 19/01/12, 21:47

I just happened to come across this site.

http://www.onpeutlefaire.com/fichestech ... ailles.php

I am impressed with its product of hot water, biogas and compost for the garden and much less random than wind turbines or solar thermal and photovoltaic.

Produce when there are needs.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/01/12, 23:14

yes for compost and crops, but for energy you have to see the real yield for what garden area needed to replace wind turbines, and solar and photovoltaic solar energy, giving the energy needed for a house on this garden.

I doubt it, strongly that an ordinary garden, even 1000m2 to 1500m2, is enough to make the necessary biogas.
photosynthesis yield less than 1% in this garden or in plants less than 1000m2 / 100 = 10m2 of solar thermal energy equal to that of plants (more than a ton of dry plants being generous, an impenetrable thicket garden !!!) .

So we can heat hot water and partially heat by burning these dry plants in the summer sun.

But transformed into biogas, there is not the equivalent of 1m2 of solar thermal, or not enough.

It is very different if we recover brushcutting plants from large areas that are often abandoned today.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/01/12, 22:16

Bobono, I have already treated the subject: the method Jean Pain is good for gardening, but when it comes to producing heat, it doesn't work.
The error lies in the confusion between caloric mass and flow.
The flow is very weak, on the other hand it is subjected to a negative retroactive effect.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Biogas and agriculture

by bobono » 21/01/12, 00:19

Admed I just received the book on the experience of Jean Pain.

Several cities in France BELGIUM Canada operates this principle, producing biogas heat and humus with worms.

I will start a prototype to see the performance.

With us all the small woods are burned for the moment. I already have the crusher.

Good night
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 21/01/12, 09:19

Hello neighbor, you will send us your adventure, because I am also interested in this method.

: Idea:
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/01/12, 13:01

With us all the small woods are burned for the moment. I already have the crusher.

Yes, this nonsense is general throughout France, to burn in the open air, to do enormous absurd pollution !!!
While in an insert or stove, dried in the summer sun, this free wood is free heating energy !!!

In bio gas you have much less energy, at least 10 to 100 times less.
Only humus and soil has meaning.
Ashes are a fertilizer.

Attention, do not burn plants on a beach having soaked in the sea, because full of sea salts, they give 100 times more dioxins, which contaminate you for the rest of your life, stored in your fat !!!!
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 21/01/12, 15:26

you drool, and where did you see that the ashes are a fertilizer? at best a potassium intake ...

if it is to say on each of your posts the same thing, it is not worth it, it is not far senility.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!