Manifesto anti-ecologists: common sense VS bullshit

philosophical debates and companies.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/01/12, 21:07

No civilization has ever possessed perfect knowledge, and ours, which boasts of being the most learned, is at the same time the most harmful: a paradox which is only apparent.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 16/01/12, 10:16

highflyaddict wrote:It seems to me that the large Australian marsupials quickly disappeared with the arrival of the first aborigines .... Their descendants may have inherited a wisdom hard-won by experience ...

Highflyaddict, I was very shocked by your answer, so I took some time to calm down and read your answer again.
You might be right, but a human will never be perfect.
In this story of native Australians, what should be remembered is that they very quickly understood that nature is sacred.
Unlike our civilization which says "nothing is sacred", anything is allowed.
Take 8 minutes of your life to watch this video:
Named, a beautiful lesson in civilization
http://terresacree.org/parole3.htm
200% common sense
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/01/12, 13:55

The men hunters have made disappear or have helped this disappearance of large animals:
Roughly 40000 years ago in Australia, 10000 years ago in North America (somewhat discussed), 15000 to 30000 years ago mammoths, etc.

And the last truly indigenous humans have disappeared, with our 20th century, most of them killed since 1500 by our diseases.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/01/12, 20:24

The middle, you write:
Unlike our civilization which says "nothing is sacred", anything is allowed.

It is precisely "the unlimited" which is sacred in our civilization.

The sacred is not evacuated so easily, but while its normative role is to protect, by an incredible perversion of meaning, it now incites us to a total war against nature and our nature, the final holocaust will be its reverse parousia. ...

Small remark concerning the title: there is not necessarily an opposition between "common sense" and "bullshit" ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/12, 20:46

Downside: one thing is sacred: the money ... and it is for the money that everything is allowed ...

dedeleco wrote:And the last truly indigenous humans have disappeared, with our 20th century, most of them killed since 1500 by our diseases.

False not only have they not disappeared but there are still some "truly indigenous" tribes in Amazonia and Africa ... and probably in other parts of the world that are not "westernized" ...

A few years ago it seems to me that we discovered a tribe still completely unknown in "our archives" ...

ps: common sense is, in my opinion, the opposite of bullshit ... otherwise we would call it stupid sense; am I wrong? : Cheesy: : Cheesy: After all, common sense is quite subjective ...

The common sense of a native is not that of a logger in the Amazon ... :|
0 x