The strategy of economic shock by Naomi Klein

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/11, 21:32

Ahmed wrote:Victor Hugo did he not say: "The shape is the bottom that rises to the surface"?

Hey, I know another, even better, from "jesaispluki":
"Basically, it's the form that counts"

(If it's anyone's it will be me : Mrgreen:)

Ok I understand a little better: do you mean that our descendants will judge our period as disastrous?

It is very likely!

Yet since money has existed, we have been in a system of personal enrichment, therefore capitalist ... even if the means, methods, results and above all "scales" (as much in time as in value) have evolved enormously over the past 200 years. .. (evolution is not necessarily taken in the positive sense of the term) ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/11/11, 21:55

Either I am prodigiously obscure, or you put a certain amount of ill will! :? (In the first case, I should turn myself into an economist!).

We must not confuse existence of money and capitalism: the first is well before the second!
If wealth could be measured by the quantity of goods, with the ever-increasing increase of productivity, the promise of liberalism of universal opulence should be realized or close to being.

In pre-capitalist economies societies are organized according to various criteria that coexist: religion, vassal relationships, to name only the best known.
On the contrary, capitalism subordinates everything to work, money and the exchange of goods; he tries to increase the sphere of the commodity until it includes what is free (see the peasant seeds).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/11, 22:04

What I like that I explain a long time !! :D

Well before ... it is discussed, for me not so much ...

Question: Rome's empire was capitalism or not?
For me it is clear that yes!

Just like all other empires elsewhere ... including the Egyptian or Chinese millennia dynasties ...

And the Sumerians? Capitalist or not?

After that depends on the definition of capitalism that we have ...

As soon as there is trade, there is the capitalization of wealth on an individual, so a kind of capitalism ... no?

And the banking interests they date from when? It is said of the Middle Ages ... Moué ... yet the Romans did not lend gratis ..
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/11/11, 19:48

Ancient societies were certainly not capitalist!

In a general way the money was imposed progressively by the leaders mainly to be able to pay the wars of conquest.
This is particularly the case of Rome, which found new wealth through the expansion of its empire, but had to maintain new citizens, so, etc.

Admittedly, greed existed, but it was not the engine of these societies; the company was not structured according to the trilogy work, money, goods ...
The work was so despised that it was the main reason for the institution of slavery.

The Middle Ages disapproved the loan interest, it is only in the XV, XVI century that the beginnings of capitalism that will take its true rise in the eighteenth century in England.

Well, it's summary in broad strokes ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/12, 18:27

Mirror:

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/01/13, 22:10

In the same vein: Gene Shrap's "Political Shock Policy" strategy, or the "Machiavelli of non-violence", as described in wikipedia:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Sharp

At the origin of the velvet revolutions, like the Arab spring, but which is said to be "non-violent", has still made dozens, even hundreds of thousands of deaths ...

His two hundred (or so) methods of overthrowing governments were used every time the CIA was there ... Coincidence?

According to (yet controversial) Thierry Meyssan:

About Gene Shrap, Thierry Meyssan wrote:Nonviolence, [according to Gene Shrap] accepted as good in itself is assimilated to democracy, [and] thus [promotes] the laundering of secret actions, intrinsically undemocratic ", and the Albert Einstein Institution [founded by Gene Shrap] would be an "ideological showcase" of the CIA

The conditional "would" is too much given what we know today .... Analysis could not be more correct, given what the CIA admitted its role in the Arab Spring (alongside FaceBook and Zuckerberg the pupil illuminati, it seems ...) in fact this masks the same hegemony that I have in the "war against terrorism", a cleverly "maintained" mechanism ... Seen from this angle, we understand even better ... !!!

See also, "Nonviolent conflict":
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflit_non-violent
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/14, 00:01

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/14, 14:20

The transatlantic treaty is a clear and clear application of the economic shock strategy: society-and-philosophy / apt-ptci-tafta-ttip-the-transatlantic-trade-what-is-what-just-t13119.html
0 x
Christophe

Re: The strategy of economic shock by Naomi Klein

by Christophe » 25/03/20, 17:42

"small" update we are right in there !!

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The strategy of economic shock by Naomi Klein

by Ahmed » 25/03/20, 18:18

Invoking a "shock strategy" is only a journalistic figure that hides the essential: it is obvious that the public authorities will seek to take advantage of this health crisis to their advantage; nothing new in there ...
0 x