There are fed up with Cochineals! What lasting solution?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Did67

by Did67 » 20/10/11, 11:18

Humidity (or the lack of humidity rather), I can't believe it for a second! Especially not the "shell". Even the "woolen", which are more sensitive, resist in the living room at home. Who is all that is drier! The "carpaces" unfold without further annoyance. I introduced this filth by taking in a plant from a friend to re-type it 5 or 6 years ago - I've never been able to get rid of it again!

Because if humidity promotes development (no doubt!), It would be wrong to think that conversely, (relative) dryness kills them ... Perhaps annoys ... a little .... a just a little ...

The product you are putting on is probably one of these oil / surfactant emulsions (which you can make yourself much cheaper with liquid black soap + table oil).

Clasou's method must be radical, indeed. Just a little restrictive (it depends on the size of the plants; on oleanders of 2 m, it will be hard!).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/11, 11:26

Ouch Ouch, it does not reassure me your story there!

Moué it also seemed to me a little too good as a method especially since last winter (where one of the 2 almost died), they were in the same "low" humidity conditions and that's where there was a big development!

So should you rub all the leaves with an emulsion of soap and salad oil? The rubbing I did this week, so a spray might be enough?
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/10/11, 12:15

Bonjour,
I may have expressed myself badly, the goal of changing the earth, is that maybe in your pot there are egg or other larvae.
And that even if you cross you will get rid of it as soon as the conditions are met.
The cycle will start again.
claude
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/11, 12:20

Ah mealybugs go in the ground too?

Yes, I didn't really understand the precise reason for potting (except to fortify the plant) ...
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/10/11, 12:32

I really don't know.
But like I said, for slugs, everyone has their recipe.
But how many have realized that it may have been useful for foreigners but that it does not concern the one who has taken up residence in the roots.
And who only have to extend their paws to force-feed themselves.
now there are acceptable losses, which avoids getting depressed
: Cry:
a + claude
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/10/11, 13:09

The oleanders and citrus fruits outside don't have too many of these black junk, but indoors in winter, humid warm without sun, It's chaos !!! but the laurel resists however !!
Personal observation indoors and outdoors.
Also put them outside summer and autumn as long as possible, the bay leaves resist to -5 ° C !!!! (April to November).
Take them out in winter even in the sun at 0 ° C !!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/10/11, 14:27

clasou wrote: in your pot there are egg or other larvae.
And that even if you cross you will get rid of it as soon as the conditions are met.
The cycle will start again.
claude

The problem is there: outbreaks.

I also don't know if it survives in the earth. But anyway, there are "stashed" eggs ... If it is not in the earth, it is in the folds of the leaves, etc ...

So anyway, at least two treatments in a row, 15 days apart ... Depending on the nature of the product, you can even continue this for a while, without leaving a break ....

A well-made and very well-informed slideshow (I just learned that shelled scale insects have enemies): https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... YgCsym.pdf for http://www.adalia.be/

You can "spray" the oil / soap emulsion or "paint" or brush with cotton swabs ... It doesn't matter. In any case, you must "sprinkle" each mealybugs, so that the pores of its shell clog and it "suffocates" ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/11, 15:01

Yes I would do this! Super doc, we are moving forward, we are moving forward!

Well I found some survivors of the rubbing of the week:

We see 2 medium, 1 small and at least 1 larva ...

It looks like, as assumed above, that it is the variant: Coccus hesperidum = with shell = the most difficult to get rid of !! :|

Too bad, I had a ladybug 2 days ago in the living room ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 20/10/11, 17:11

dedeleco wrote:The oleanders and citrus fruits outside don't have too many of these black junk, but indoors in winter, humid warm without sun, It's chaos !!! but the laurel resists however !!
Personal observation indoors and outdoors.
Personal observation: my potted orange tree which is outdoors all year round is infested (usually) in the spring.
The oleanders that are in the ground too :?

dedeleco wrote:Also put them outside summer and autumn as long as possible, the bay leaves resist to -5 ° C !!!! (April to November).
Take them out in winter even in the sun at 0 ° C !!!
It's a good principle anyway : Wink:
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 20/10/11, 23:37

I know well that my answer will make jump more than one and that you wanted lasting, but you could use actara, a real effectiveness for your problem.

Good night.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!