What is unforgivable in our societies (eg Troy Davis)

philosophical debates and companies.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

What is unforgivable in our societies (eg Troy Davis)

by the middle » 16/10/11, 10:15

The killing of a human being is the first example for me:
Recently in the USA: (Troy Davis)
http://video.notrefamille.com/tv/intern ... 85398.html.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/10/11, 13:05

Especially poor innocent, by mistake, as for more than a hundred others saved by DNA !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/11, 13:52

The debate on the death penalty for culprits is long, seen and already seen! In short it has been!

On the other hand, 1, in case of doubt about the guilt, having an innocent person killed should be punishable without prescription whatsoever if the investigation progresses! This is an interesting debate ...

On the other hand 2, that of the "killed by the economic society" ... there it is a current debate!

How many people die of hunger or thirst because of inequality alone?
How many killed at work in exploited countries?
How many people are killed by stress (productivity ...) in our western societies?
How many fossil or nuclear energy kills?
How many pollution kills?
More recently, how many suicides by the "capitalist system"?

Our CONS. Consumption societies do not only kill via the death penalty !!

Our societies silently kill innocent people every day and by the thousand in the name of capitalism alone!

The answer to most of these questions is about forum or the site, do a search: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/10/11, 14:03

Totally agree, but we are starting to become aware, to evaluate and to advance scientific figures, unlike in the past where we were practically not aware (working condition more than a century ago, which persists in countries in development, for our personal comfort with incredibly low prices !!)

By buying cheap Asian, we are all accomplices and exploiters, even criminals, by all these dead, who allow these low prices, dead who with us, would outraged us !!!!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/10/11, 14:25

Our societies silently kill innocent people every day and by the thousands in the name of capitalism alone!

Others kill under the same conditions for other justifications ... is it better?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/10/11, 15:17

Natural selection is now (in part) replaced by economic structural selection ... simple logical evolution.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/11, 16:06

Ahmed wrote:
Our societies silently kill innocent people every day and by the thousands in the name of capitalism alone!

Others kill under the same conditions for other justifications ... is it better?

I don't know exactly what conditions you are referring to ...

My list was obviously not exhaustive but, for example, in the victims of fossil fuels, we can include resource wars ... obviously we rarely say publicly that it is for the money and the rich that we make the war but we invent some pretexts ...

Although wars have some figures, so we know the damage of capitalism ...

Humanity still has a lot to learn, if it gives itself time ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/11, 16:12

sen-no-sen wrote:Natural selection is now (in part) replaced by economic structural selection ... simple logical evolution.

Yes except that selection in the capitalist sense of the term does not (necessarily) rhyme with selection at the genetic level ... Which means that there will be great danger for the survival (of humanity?) When the 1st weakens or will disappear ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/10/11, 16:32

Christophe wrote:Yes except that selection in the capitalist sense of the term does not (necessarily) rhyme with selection at the genetic level ... Which means that there will be great danger for the survival (of humanity?) When the 1st weakens or will disappear ...

Natural selection no longer really takes place these days, it is a proven fact but little recognized.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/10/11, 16:56

Christophe you wonder:
I don't know exactly what conditions you are referring to ...

The conditions are as you indicate: in silence, every day ...
Rather, the right question would have been this: "for what other justifications?"
Ideological justifications, powers (dictatorships) ... all those which are not directly linked to the (considerable) power of the market.

Further you write:
Yes except that selection in the capitalist sense of the term does not (necessarily) rhyme with selection at the genetic level ... Which means that there will be great danger for the survival (of humanity?) When the 1st weakens or will disappear ...

Forgive me, but I do not understand absolutely nothing of this sentence. It is not rather: "when the latter weakens ..."?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."