Screed under tiles, heating pipes and cracks?

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Roshal
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Screed under tiles, heating pipes and cracks?

by Roshal » 11/07/11, 20:57

Hi,

Is it possible to pass pipes in a screed before tiling of 14 cm, without risk of cracking ???

Thank you
0 x
tip
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tip » 19/07/11, 12:55

Hi Rochal

is your screed on the ground? is there a reinforced slab underneath?

what is going on, and what is the diameter of the guaines which

going inside?

I need his answers to give you the solution.

Because it is always possible to pass sheaths in a slab

on the ground, not upstairs and the materials to be used are not always the same.
0 x
Roshal
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Roshal » 20/07/11, 17:59

Hi Ponteira,

The floor breaks down like this, a slab of girder beams of 20 + 5 cm then an efisol of 8 cm and a screed of 14 cm.
I want to pass water pipes max diam 16 mm then suction pipes diam about 50 mm.
Is it possible???

Thank you
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/07/11, 19:25

a slab of girder beams of 20 + 5 cm then an efisol of 8 cm and a screed of 14 cm.

The strong concrete slab has a mechanical resistance function which is sufficient and the screed dosed 3 to 10 times less in cement, has a filling function with low mechanical resistance, and therefore can be attacked with a chipping hammer not too powerful (to avoid crack the slab).
We must test the dosage with a chisel and hammer to see the mechanical strength of the screed, and check that the mason did not make the horrible error of putting concrete screed full of cement for slab !!
A normal screed can be removed by hand, with a chisel then with a pencil with large friable plates , as I have already done, several times !!
My tilers refused to demolish new tiles, installed too quickly with tiles upside down (sic) in a new house (35 years ago !! I had to demolish !!

So it is possible to make deep grooves for pipes, easily with a chisel in a normal screed (not concrete, factor 100 in mechanical resistance).
0 x
Roshal
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Roshal » 21/07/11, 20:53

Hi,

The screed is not yet done, I simply asked if I could put pipes without risk of cracks in the future.

Thank you
0 x