Green nudges: the evolution of econological behaviors!

philosophical debates and companies.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/04/11, 18:59

Christine said:
I agree with Christophe

Damn we won't have a couple chicane live! : Cheesy:

Don't worry, I also agree! 8)
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/04/11, 20:20

It will take much more than "nudges" to change mentalities ...
Being optimistic by nature, I do not think that changes in mentality cannot be done without a deep trauma, causing, de facto, a societal upheaval at the height of the "shock" suffered.

When we see the general immobility in the face of environmental destruction, it is quite worrying to imagine the types of catastrophes necessary for the “R-Awakening” citizens.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/04/11, 22:20

As you know, oh Sen-no-sen, I doubt that trauma has the property of stimulating the upper brain areas ...
At most, do they sometimes induce a more or less appropriate reactive activity ...
For example, perhaps the Japanese will reject nuclear energy as clearly unsuitable for their island, but how many will understand the real danger of non-bogus nuclear *?

* Admittedly, nuclear power is still potentially messy, but I take the hypothesis of a reverse school, to better recognize its other harmfulness.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 05/04/11, 23:04

Thank you Ahmed for these clarifications.
I always enjoy reading you!

For my part, ecology has become a real battleground, where each can become the polluter of the other.
Who would still like to be considered a polluter? Not a lot of people, I hope.
On the other hand, the big industrialists consider this with cynicism, and too easily recover some of their productivity gains as ecological actions.
Will our planet be fooled?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 06/04/11, 14:16

Ahmed wrote:As you know, oh Sen-no-sen, I doubt that trauma has the property of stimulating the upper brain areas ...
At most, do they sometimes induce a more or less appropriate reactive activity ...
For example, perhaps the Japanese will reject nuclear energy as clearly unsuitable for their island, but how many will understand the real danger of non-bogus nuclear *?

* Admittedly, nuclear power is still potentially messy, but I take the hypothesis of a reverse school, to better recognize its other harmfulness.

In fact, however, most advances in prevention have been made following accidents.
Of course, these last ones could have been avoided, but given the general drowsiness, what other types of phenomena could have brought about the necessary mental changes?
The human being easily falls into automatism, moreover if one is not careful it is easy to become a "man-machine".
It is the same for society, once a functioning "set up" (by whom? Follow my gaze ...) it is very difficult to change its habits and dogmas.
In my humble opinion, society will only change from successive error to successive error in the best of cases, or all at once with a cataclysm of civilization.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/04/11, 21:22

Indeed, "most of the advances in prevention have been made following accidents".
But these piecemeal advances are regulatory and therefore come "from above"; what interests me are the fundamental evolutions coming from the base.

Of course, there is no certainty that these changes occur, but for them to be fruitful, they must be disconnected from the events

They cannot result from the awareness of a mediatizable and very palpable catastrophe, no more than from a future or imminent catastrophe, but well from the present catastrophic character of the relation of each one to work, to nature and to others. .

The day when a minimum of people have understood that it is much more serious than pollution, peak oil and global warming (which are only the unfortunate consequences), a sacred step will have been crossed!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 07/04/11, 10:53

The other day on the radio, I heard a debate on nuclear blah-blah, where citizens were grumbling, saying "We weren't consulted about our nuclear policy; let's have a referendum" Are you for or against the nuclear?""

One of the speakers then suggested that it would be more relevant to ask the question in these terms "Are you ready to assume the risks of dead in the short, medium and long term, serious damage over several generations, contaminated areas etc in exchange for energy cheap?"

I found that this simple change of wording really gave food for thought. So balance what we pretend to hold for what is most precious to us (human life, our children ...) with the scrambling of a few pennies ... and prefer the pennies ... it's the choice of abjection.

We shout when we talk about the Pick, when a lab has chosen profit at the expense of human life with full knowledge of the facts; what else do we do about nuclear and many other things?
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 07/04/11, 11:03

and we don't even talk about tobacco, alcohol, junk food and chronic nonuse of the brain ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 07/04/11, 11:23

Christine wrote:[...] One of the speakers then suggested that it would be more relevant to ask the question in these terms "Are you ready to assume the risks of dead in the short, medium and long term, serious damage over several generations, contaminated areas etc in exchange for energy cheap?"
[...]
We shout when we talk about the Pick, when a lab has chosen profit at the expense of human life with full knowledge of the facts; what else do we do about nuclear and many other things?

I'm more with two hands!
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/11, 12:24

Idem, I had formulated it differently (just on the economic aspect) I do not know where ... (there are so many nuclear subjects at the moment ...)

Idea to develop in the subject of consequences of fukushima or in the subject nuclear psychology ...

It ties in with what I said yesterday as well: it is said that they died for their homeland and never that they killed for ... it is "psychology (of :D) primary " :) :)

The cheap cost of nuclear power is only an appearance, as said elsewhere, the benefits are private, the cost of risks is public .... so easy to talk about cheap. Here we pay 0.25 € / kWh for a 60% nuclear mix ... cheap?

Then, we too often forget that civil nuclear is necessary for military nuclear! On the one hand to make plutonium and on the other hand to make military nuclear research profitable (good in the case of France it must be profitable for a while ...)!

ps: about the dead energies: https://www.econologie.com/forums/morts-des- ... 10669.html
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"