Nuclear, globalization; the lessons of Fukushima?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/14, 15:48

Thank you Leo!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/08/14, 18:53

Hi Maximus Leo

Indeed the "journalist" of the link above (August 8) would have done better to do the same research as you before publishing these figures ...... it is all to the honor of Arhevha and BDFe: Our companies of pointe are in the spotlight in all areas ....: Mrgreen:
Last edited by Flytox the 19 / 08 / 14, 22: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 19/08/14, 22:29

Flytox wrote:Hi Maximus Leo

Indeed the "journalist" of the link above (August 8) would have done better to do the same research as you before publishing these figures

I started to read the blog of Philippe Hillion (who calls himself a former CEA engineer, if it is true then it is dramatic) and all that I could read there is false and archie false then I dropped.

For example, he claims that Tepco and the Japanese Gvt misled Google Maps by giving false coordinates of the destroyed plant:

Link of this page of the blog: http://hillion-fukushima.blogspot.fr/20 ... co-le.html

Verification:

Fukushima Daiichi is written: 福島 第一 (fuku shima dai ichi)

We do a copy / paste of 第 第一 in "search" of Google Maps

And we come across the center of Fukushima Daiichi. The coordinates of Google Maps are perfectly good.

You can see hundreds of tanks of contaminated water at the bottom left of the image.

Same result if we type "Fukushima Daiichi" in Latin characters instead of kanji!

Google Maps even gives pictures of the plant before and after the accident.

What Philippe Hillion says is therefore wrong.

At the risk of thyroid cancer and leukemia must be added the risk of paranoid delirium :D .

It is possible to browse the prohibited area with Street View, it's new.

ML
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 19/08/14, 22:58

With Google Maps and Street View we can get closer to 900 meters of Fukushima Daiichi reactors:

The image was taken at the left end of the ruler in yellow. At the end of the road, at 200 meters, one can see the blue and gray tanks of contaminated water storage.

The forbidden zone can be fully traveled with Street View (except the dirt roads). There is little activity but the area is not abandoned at all. The windows of parked vehicles are clean which proves that they are used.

ML
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 19/08/14, 23:45

Flytox wrote:Hi Maximus Leo

Indeed the "journalist" of the link above (August 8) would have done better to do the same research as you before publishing these figures ...... it is all to the honor of Arhevha and BDFe: Our leading companies are in the spotlight in all areas ....: Mrgreen:

The blog "Arhevha", (which means "Oh damn" among the Indians : Lol: ) it's you ?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/08/14, 21:40

No, not at all .... it was completely at random : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 21/08/14, 13:19

Flytox wrote:No, not at all .... it was completely at random : Mrgreen:

I put the link of the blog Are-Vah (Indian expression that could translate as "Oh, damn"): http://www.arevah-blog.com/le-projet-are-vah/

AREVA plans to build 6 p ... .. EPR reactors in India on the Jaitapur site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaitapur_N ... er_Project (in English, no page in French).

Currently, this p ..... project is + or - stalled. Hope it lasts.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 25/08/14, 19:43

At 5 minutes walk from the Fukushima Daiichi power station, in the forbidden zone, an abandoned house and its photovoltaic panels! :

The coordinates are at the bottom right.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/08/14, 08:02

Hello everybody
I have not followed all the discussions in recent months,
But I ask myself a question, following the closure of 3 nuclear power plants in Belgium (3 on 4) because dangerous.
What is the state of nuclear power plants in France?
They are perfect ?, or there is cheating too ...
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/14, 17:58

Cheating? But no it does not exist! : Mrgreen:

If not, do you mean 3 reactors? I had heard for 1 but not the other 2, which ones?

There are 2 plants in Belgium (4 + 3 = 7 reactors in all)
0 x