Which perennials (fruit vegetables ...) for a greenhouse?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 31/03/11, 05:18

Dede

Do you have a photo of your greenhouse that you don't ventilate or you grow mushrooms?

I tried without ventilation and many others tried without result, I wonder how you evacuate oxygen and bring in CO2, mildew comes from the fact that the walls of the greenhouse condenses and drips on the plants , you should not water a tomato plant in a greenhouse except by the base.

There are always warm layers that keep the heat for the night but you have to put it deep enough either at the bottom of the roots otherwise beware of the taste of the harvest, it can be manure or cut grass which ferments to release the heat !

Our old people knew this process well!

For the fan well it is stopped only in case of frost!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/03/11, 10:28

Alain G wrote:Dede

Do you have a photo of your greenhouse that you don't ventilate or you grow mushrooms ?!

Are they magic mushrooms? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tre19TNUwIo
https://www.econologie.com/forums/enter-the- ... 10317.html
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 31/03/11, 11:23

Well seen AlainG, the culcuture on hot layer was developed under louis 16 I believe, for growing vegetables and summer fruit in winter in greenhouses (a 40 to 50 cm of hole with fresh horse manure from the countryside above and in the end a good 30 ene of cemtimeter of earth). for winter it heats up and for summer you grow your cucurbits which will eventually send their roots inside;).

It's working but it works well, the only problem is that the operation must be repeated every year :( .

The less tomatoes you water the more they taste;).

Mushrooms like water, on the other hand, Alain, so it's no wonder that it grows without ventilation :) , there is fiber bread with "chitake" and oyster mushrooms on sale in the green game among others (in any case in Brittany there are some), and in Holland you will have syringes of mushroom seeds with the substrate which are fine and of all kinds;).

Note the button mushrooms don't require light and humidity;) it's nickle with your greenhouse Christophe :) .

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/03/11, 12:01

Uh this greenhouse, facing due east (not due north!), Is only in the shade in the afternoon ...

In the morning and at noon it knocks well inside.

In summer around noon it rises to over 45 ° C ... (case without ventilation)

I don't think mushrooms will like ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/03/11, 13:14

We must not distort.
I speak just avoid freezing at night in the frost greenhouse, only on frost days, for frost plants such as citrus, cacti, etc. and not overheat to the point that the climate in the greenhouse is one full of CO2 (10 times what there is currently) that we had 56 million years ago with 15 ° C more everywhere on the whole earth (45 ° C in the shade at the equators and water at 15 ° C at the poles and at the bottom of the oceans) , even at the poles, without a single glacier, or that we will have if we continue to burn the fossil fuels available, possible because peak oil and fossil fuel is totally imaginaryWith the possibility of multiplying the CO2 concentration by 10.

In summer you have to put all the plants outside, in the sun for those who like or open the greenhouse fully.

Mushrooms are happy in 100% humidity in total darkness on wood or nutritious manure, in Dutch cellars or fridges. !!
Last edited by dedeleco the 31 / 03 / 11, 14: 13, 1 edited once.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/03/11, 13:23

And at the moment on Tf1 Infos, farmers in greenhouses complain about the price of heating greenhouses which explodes by fuels, and completely ignoring the underground storage of summer for winter, which works much more easily for greenhouses, 10 ° C are sufficient instead of 25 to 30 ° C for houses).
http://www.dlsc.ca/DLSC_Brochure_f.pdf
http://www.dlsc.ca
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 31/03/11, 13:23

LOL!

Mushrooms was a farce as you have noticed, but mold is also a fungus.

hack

The manure gives a bad taste to the tomatoes, my neighbor and I compared our harvest, him with 2-year-old horse manure and I without manure but with compost of grass and rather sandy soil, there is no dispute that mine is much better to taste.

Look at my greenhouse and my harvest here:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/parasite-s ... 46-10.html

https://www.econologie.com/forums/parasite-s ... 46-40.html
: Mrgreen:
0 x

Alain
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 31/03/11, 20:35

Hi,

I have used for 30 years a glass greenhouse without ventilation other than a louvre and two roof vents. In winter, all this is masked by plastic bubble protectors, fixed 3 cm from the wall. During winter, it is heated by an electric radiator with ventilation for a few years then in a more robust oil bath and again with ventilation (less powerful). Never any problem with mold: the presence of the plastic sheet avoids the cold wall effect responsible for strong condensation. I add that this greenhouse is intended for winter storage and exotic seedlings. The soil is 80% sterile, made up of lime blocking and limestone flow, capable of playing the role of very effective moisture absorber.

My second greenhouse is intended for cultivation in the open ground, so a change of strategy, there is real ventilation with a system already described on econology.

This system is also really effective, the electric heater does not rotate very often ...

see for example:

http://www.lestropicales.com/mesgaleries.html?func=viewalbum&aid=22

cordially
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 31/03/11, 21:08

Wow!

Nice work cortejuan!

Unfortunately we do not have the same temperature conditions, I still have 45 cm of snow on the ground here in Quebec.

Not crazy the idea of ​​recovering the heat for the night, I think to do it if I am able to recover a large tank!

Damn! I have in hand a 1000 liters fuel oil tank in good condition given by a neighbor, by isolating it and recovering a car radiator I could try a system! : Mrgreen:

Do you think 1000 liters of heated water will be enough for a 5x3 meter greenhouse?
0 x

Alain
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 31/03/11, 21:35

Hi,

1000 liters is a bit tight (my greenhouse is the same area).

If you do a quick calculation of the storable energy knowing that the heat capacity of water is:

4,18 Kj.Kg.K °

this gives for an increase of 5 degrees in 1000 liters:

4,18x1000x5 = 20900 KJ or KWh: 20900/3600 = 5,8KWh

so 1 KWh over about 6 hours so that gives you an idea according to the electric power necessary to keep your greenhouse frost-free.

I took a base of 5 degrees of day-night difference, which corresponds to my case when there is not too much sun.

cordially
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"