Which perennials (fruit vegetables ...) for a greenhouse?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 26/03/11, 22:37

Hi,

black currants, raspberries and brambles grow outside not in the greenhouse because it needs the winter cold and in summer the currants will catch oidium in a confined atmosphere.

You can try early strawberries, eggplants (watch out for late blight) and some exotic shrubs such as the excellent feijoa which can tolerate frost but require summer heat.
If you want nice perennials, you can try passionflower (edulis if the temperature never drops below 5 degrees) if not ligularis (big fruit less good than edulis but interesting). Supports 0 degrees, and not too much heat in summer so should be fine. You can also try pomegranate trees, clementine trees, but you need sun.

BUT, you should install a ventilation system if you haven't already done so; it is vital for a number of plants.

see you
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/03/11, 01:14

A greenhouse is good for keeping plants that cannot tolerate excessive cold in winter, such as citrus fruits, -7 ° C, orange trees, tangerines, grapefruits, in large pots, on casters, fig trees -10 ° C (easy ) in Christmas flower, ficus, even vine, palm, oleander (poison), etc ...
We come back before the frosts at the end of October and we go out in April in the sun.
They require little work, if correct automatic watering in summer.
I had a lot of them in the Paris region under a window or unheated skylight, and I'm going to have to take them out in April (a move).

The humidity condenses at night on the windows and if this condensation water can flow into channels and then into closed containers, instead of falling on the ground, the greenhouse will have little humidity during hot day with little ventilation during the day. Ventilate according to the indoor versus outdoor humidity level.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 29/03/11, 14:54

Hello ,

As for a house:
you extract the vitiated air with an extractor
you circulate the air inside by a fan inside with intermittent start
the air will be renewed by a hole in the lower part of one of the exterior walls,
in your greenhouse you will also raise Co2 thanks to the ventilator which will be able to be absorbed in larger quantity by your plants especially if it is in height as in planters.

Extraction and ventilation are the keys to humidity control;).

see you
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/03/11, 16:36

For greenhouse, the ventilations are to control well, because they can if the windows are very cold at night, on a clear day, condense all the humid air coming from outside on these windows inside and make the greenhouse very humid , with plenty of water, believing it to dry, and the water can stay there in the earth during the day.

A house heated inside and without windows has less of this problem.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/03/11, 16:52

Thank you for the suggestions, where are the plants or seeds of the exotic fruits, feijoa for example, which you cite?

The vines I had thought of but I am really afraid that they will never ripen ... afternoon is still hot in the greenhouse but no more direct sunlight ... so I don't know ...

For ventilation there is a "passive" (last portion of the roof that slides)

The far right in this photo:

ps: dedeleco do you have pictures of your plants?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 29/03/11, 17:02

I am in extraction at the top at the end of the greenhouse and it works well!

For condenstion, at night it is done on the interior walls where the need to ventilate at night!

I now leave the door open to let the foragers enter and thus polenize my plants!

To counter the Downy mildew well you have to do like me by covering the ground with a black plastic film to prevent moisture from rising from the ground, in addition it keeps the soil moist for less watering, less bad herbs also
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Did67

by Did67 » 29/03/11, 17:15

Christophe wrote: or seeds ....?

Fantastic, econology, more effective than google: when I opened this post, I came across a banner of Baumaux seeds !!!! Tape!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/03/11, 17:43

Did67 wrote:Fantastic, econology, more effective than google: when I opened this post, I came across a banner of Baumaux seeds !!!! Tape!

Ah ah ah, don't be too stuck up anyway: it's a google ad ... see the little "i" at the bottom right ... : Cheesy:
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 29/03/11, 19:20

For the ripening of the vine, it seems to me that it works a bit like tomatoes ... light, heat especially. See the tomatoes which ripen perfectly well in the shade of the leaves.

So if it freezes, the "berries" can be tested ...?

For seeds, there is the excellent http://semeurs.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Accueil . Finally, it depends on tastes of course. Donations and exchanges of seeds and sometimes plants between individuals ... On the other hand, I believe that the exotic is "in the minority".

On the air side, from memory, the insufflation is more "efficient" than the extraction (it will be necessary to confirm!). Maybe a story of overpressure of the "building"? Mea culpa for the few details.

@+
0 x
Frederic
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 29/03/11, 19:29

bsoir,

I confirm the ventillo goes into extraction and just opens the door or makes a hole in the corner completely opposite to the extraction so that it creates a current of air which crosses well the room;).

Uh if not for your natural ventilation you made an air intake to the opposite anyway ??

Small note on the balsam seeds, see here

seed and very good site;).

http://www.kokopelli.asso.fr/

and in addition to the seed looked at what this association is doing and who has filed a complaint against them guess it starts with BAU ... X and look at their last meanness it's quite small and pitiful :) the big seed producer is afraid of the small as it is weird.

for the winter if you have a bunch of compost well you put it next to your greenhouse and you pass the pipe in it that you send back to the greenhouse, and hop a heating;) free.
In your greenhouse you can always make winter vegetables or vegetables say "eternal" they grow and you cut them and they grow back and so on;) go see on kokopeli there are nice breeds of all origins;).

see you
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"