12V transformer and LED bulb 12V (information Velleman)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/13, 09:05

bob737 wrote:I had not seen that there was a shop

ok for the transformer. :?

The principle of forum it's a bit of reading the messages of others before posting no? There are lots of links to the shop above in this subject !!

The lien https://www.econologie.com/shop/alimenta ... p-429.html corresponds to the original question from subject...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Question transformer 12V for LED bulbs?

by bamboo » 22/07/13, 11:50

skabill2000 wrote:- The transformer is Paulmann brand with N150 reference: 11,5 V - (35 -150 W). Hey by the way, can you confirm that this is not an AC transformer and DC ... I think the small ~ is pretty clear but hey I want to be sure : Wink:

Otherwise, to answer this question, yes your transformer out of the alternative.
And that's not good at all for your eyes ...
I tried to put an LED bulb supposedly scheduled for the AC and DC 12V, well it does not do at all: flicker were unbearable.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/13, 12:22

The alternative nickname you mean ...

It is an electronic transformer, not ferric ... so grimey alternative nickname in many niches!
: Cheesy:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/07/13, 12:37

real food is DC for all use must contain a capacitor for accumulating energy for the voltage does not decrease each alternation of 220V Hz

the problem of power supply made only for halogen is that the manufacturer knows that the great thermal inertia of the filament allows to save this capacitor! So to make a DC voltage falls to zero between each alternation of 50Hz so a little bad with LED

but often even worse: a voltage regulation which only works with the halogen and deconne completely with LED! the also must connect an oscilloscope to see happening that horror
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/13, 12:51

Here the horror nickname sinus signal that comes out as an electronic transformer (and still is the theoretical curve, in practice this must be worse depending on load and quality of components):

(So ​​not good for AC LED bulbs)

Another discussion on LED transformer: https://www.econologie.com/forums/led-g4-sur ... 10402.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/07/13, 13:05

this pseudo sine is the output voltage of the low-end 12V 220V converter: there is no reason why a 220V 12V transformer should make this signal form
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/13, 13:22

chatelot16 wrote:this pseudo sine is the output voltage of the low-end 12V 220V converter: there is no reason why a 220V 12V transformer should make this signal form

The Paulmann N150 of the photo is clearly a low-end ...
0 x
bob737
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bob737 » 22/07/13, 20:51

Christophe wrote:
bob737 wrote:I had not seen that there was a shop

ok for the transformer. :?

The principle of forum it's a bit of reading the messages of others before posting no? There are lots of links to the shop above in this subject !!

The lien https://www.econologie.com/shop/alimenta ... p-429.html corresponds to the original question from subject...

I understood that there was a transformer recommended for this type of operation, I asked only to the person concerned if he was engaged in this operation ...
And sorry if I did not understand right away that this forum is arranged at a shop, it is not obvious from a search engine directly on a link of a forum...
0 x
skabill2000
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Little feedback

by skabill2000 » 03/08/13, 12:43

Hi everybody ...

after receiving my LED bulbs, I tested some original Paulmann transformer on my ramp.

- At first ignition, the bulbs went on and then extinguished after 5 seconds. I replaced one of the LEDs with a halogen and everything went on without a break.

- I then used the second 12V output that is present on the transformer and this time more than cut in full LED. By cons as I see a flicker during 20 30 seconds to ignition then everything falls into place.

By cons I am considering replacing the transformer because I have the impression that the same configuration if it seems stable for now, could damage the LED bulbs.

FYI LEDs used are

6 x 1.5W MR11GU4 LED Bulb Lamp SMD 24 3528 White AC12V
2 x 3W G4 3W LED Bulb Lamp White 260LM AC12V

Thank you for all your advice.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/08/13, 13:46

one is in complete blur because you never know neither the principle of regulation of the current in the LED or the principle of regulation in the transformer!

a regulation system very common in transformer for halogen, the decoupage of 50Hz triac, such as dimmer for halogen: when the transformer output voltage is too high the regulation reduces the effective voltage by cutting some time beginning of each alternation of 50hZ: it's great for halogen ... is completely zero for some lEDs that are not sensitive to the effective voltage, but sensitive to the tension crete: it will miserably charged!

Led Led ago alas led many whose regulation is done by a capacitor in series: this is very bad! it only works well on 50Hz sinusoidal All current form weird product of peak current in the LED, easily destructive: these current controller has capacitor are parasite concentrator!

there is never anything precised in documention clear: the only way to know is to connect an oscilloscope to the transformer

for LED must either disassemble a (thus breaking) or measure current consomé has the oscilloscope, and see the current shape with different form of power supply

for LED, an LED that works only alternative may have a regulation like a capacitor I do not like

a led that works in direct current, necessarily an electronic regulation, in general better

if you have led or grilled transformer, send it to me! and I will dismount them and put the schema on this forum
0 x